Windows 10: SSD Replacement

Discus and support SSD Replacement in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Refurbished Dell 790 SSD died. Everything on it is gone. Need to get Windows 10 Pro 64bit back on my Machine.. Via bootable USB...Thank you for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EchoNationRadioDon, May 17, 2021.

1. SSD Replacement

My Refurbished Dell 790 SSD died. Everything on it is gone. Need to get Windows 10 Pro 64bit back on my Machine.. Via bootable USB...Thank you for the help

:)

EchoNationRadioDon, May 17, 2021
  2. Megahertz Win User

Motherboard and SSD Replacement: Need Backup Advice

As I understood, a Dell technician will go to your house and replace the MB and the SSD.

You must have to do some homework before he arrives.
    - Make a Disk image of both drives (SSD and HDD) and save it to an external drive.
    - As they will take the old SSD and MB, I suggest you wipe the SSD (it has many user data on it) before he arrive as it can take some hours to clean all clusters.

To wipe the SSD:
    - Disconnect the HDD from the MB.
    - Boot from a Windows installation media (USB, DVD, etc.) When the Windows setup wizard shows up, simultaneously press the Shift + F10 keys on your keyboard. It will open a CMD window. Type:

diskpart
    list disk (it will list all drives. Identify the SSD drive number)
    select disk n (replace n by the SSD drive number obtained with list disk)
    clean all
    exit (to exit diskpart)

Megahertz, May 17, 2021
  3. Upgraded Windows Transfer from HDD to SSD

Hi

My windows was upgraded from 8 to 10 on my laptop few years back. I was trying to get the HDD replaced with SSD. During the copy process, the technician said windows cannot be moved to SSD as it is an upgraded version from 8 to 10.

Kindly guide if there is a possibility to copy the windows to SSD ? If so, please suggest the steps.

NipunSingla, May 17, 2021
  4. gordon99 Win User

SSD Replacement

Replacing a laptop hard drive with a SSD

I have a Dell Latitude E5420 laptop which has a Windows 10 Pro O/S. I would appreciate a step by step guide on the procedure to replace the hard drive with a Solid State drive; specifically dealing with the transfer of all the software from the old drive to the new. I have an external hard drive I use for backups and a free version of the Macrium Reflect program on the hard drive. The SSD is brand new. I have just 50 GB in total on the 231 GB hard drive. The SSD has 250 GB capacity.

gordon99, May 17, 2021
Thema:

SSD Replacement

1. SSD Replacement - Similar Threads - SSD Replacement

2. Can I install a new SSD Windows Home Premium using ISO as a replacement for installation disc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I install a new SSD Windows Home Premium using ISO as a replacement for installation disc?: Can I install a new SSD Windows Home Premium using ISO as a replacement for installation disc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-install-a-new-ssd-windows-home-premium-using/c1609ff5-6fc7-4367-9fde-644e17bf7d7f
  3. Can I install a new SSD Windows Home Premium using ISO as a replacement for installation disc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I install a new SSD Windows Home Premium using ISO as a replacement for installation disc?: Can I install a new SSD Windows Home Premium using ISO as a replacement for installation disc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-install-a-new-ssd-windows-home-premium-using/c1609ff5-6fc7-4367-9fde-644e17bf7d7f
  4. Do I need to replace my main ssd if so, how?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need to replace my main ssd if so, how?: My pc froze while updating a game and restarted, only it didn't restart. It took a long time before slowly coming back up. Now I can access most things but I can't get it to open any files. All of the folders I try to open just hang up and do nothing. I have a hunch it's my...
  5. Do I need to replace my main ssd if so, how?

Do I need to replace my main ssd if so, how?: My pc froze while updating a game and restarted, only it didn't restart. It took a long time before slowly coming back up. Now I can access most things but I can't get it to open any files. All of the folders I try to open just hang up and do nothing. I have a hunch it's my...
  6. Do I need to replace my main ssd if so, how?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. EventID 41 Category 63 Crash. Stress tested CPU, GPU and RAM. Replaced PSU and checked SSD...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EventID 41 Category 63 Crash. Stress tested CPU, GPU and RAM. Replaced PSU and checked SSD...: Hello,As mentioned in the title I tried everything I could think of I stress tested CPU, GPU and RAM. Replaced PSU and checked SSD health. Reinstalled Windows while formatting everything and nothing seems to work.I attached one of the latest crash reports from event viewer:-...
  8. EventID 41 Category 63 Crash. Stress tested CPU, GPU and RAM. Replaced PSU and checked SSD...

EventID 41 Category 63 Crash. Stress tested CPU, GPU and RAM. Replaced PSU and checked SSD...: Hello,As mentioned in the title I tried everything I could think of I stress tested CPU, GPU and RAM. Replaced PSU and checked SSD health. Reinstalled Windows while formatting everything and nothing seems to work.I attached one of the latest crash reports from event viewer:-...
  9. im replacing a ssd on a laptop with corrupted files on it is it possible to save windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    im replacing a ssd on a laptop with corrupted files on it is it possible to save windows?: I am going to be replacing the m.2 SSD on a laptop that had Windows 11 preinstalled on it the current SSD has corrupted files on it and the laptop can't be used so I cant transfer everything from one SSD to the next is there any way to get windows back after the change?...
  10. im replacing a ssd on a laptop with corrupted files on it is it possible to save windows?

im replacing a ssd on a laptop with corrupted files on it is it possible to save windows?: I am going to be replacing the m.2 SSD on a laptop that had Windows 11 preinstalled on it the current SSD has corrupted files on it and the laptop can't be used so I cant transfer everything from one SSD to the next is there any way to get windows back after the change?...