Windows 10: SSD running very slowly ...

Discus and support SSD running very slowly ... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Good p.m. I have an Intel NUC mini computer with an HP SSD S700 500GB solid state drive running Windows 10. When I check the "Driver Fine Details" is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TJS3779, Mar 3, 2021.

1. TJS3779 Win User

SSD running very slowly ...

Good p.m. I have an Intel NUC mini computer with an HP SSD S700 500GB solid state drive running
    Windows 10. When I check the "Driver Fine Details" is shows the SSD driver provider to be Microsoft.
    I recently installed the version 20H2 update. I am streaming video, buffering it in RAM, and
    saving the video files as AVI to the SSD. My goal is to acquire full-frame video as fast as the
    camera is capable of uploading the video to RAM, which is ~ 224 MB/sec. The manual for the HP SSD
    S700 500GB indicates that the unit is capable of "Sustained sequential write: Up to 518 MB/s".
    The SSD is ~ 85% empty, the Windows anti-virus programs are disabled and there are no other
    applications running. I checked the BIOS and AHCI mode is enabled. When I monitor the Disk
    usage in the Task Manager what is happening is that while the disk usage is at ~ 100% the
    real-time write speed to the disk fluctuates from 200 to 10 MB/sec and, unfortunately, spends
    most of the time at ~ 10 MB/sec. The net result of this is that the RAM buffer fills up and

slows down the net frame-rate. I have tried two separate, independent applications that run the

camera and save the data to the SSD and both produce the same result. I tested the speed of the

SSD with CrystalDisk and it reported a write speed of 446 MB/sec. If anyone has some ideas on

what I can do to diagnose this problem it'd be appreciated. Thanks.

:)

TJS3779, Mar 3, 2021
  2. BlackOwl Win User

Windows running slowly in specific situations

Over the last few days (since maybe Thursday but definitely Friday) my Win10 machine has been running slowly in certain situations. The programs iTunes, GSAK, and Unreal Tournament 2004 run slowly in general, much slower than my new hardware has been able to output since I bought it less than two months ago. Other programs are substantially slower than normal to load, but act quite fine once they've been loaded (Sid Meier's Civilization V and Overwatch are two notable exmaples - they take up to six times longer to load than they did this time last week). The change was sudden but not noticeable straightaway.

One further change I've noticed is that whenever I go to shut down or reboot the computer, it tells me it's "Getting Windows ready" despite there being no updates to my knowledge. It tends to hang on that screen for some time before it actually shuts down or reboots - I'm not sure how long it takes as I often lose patience and go and do something else, but it's more than expected.

Steps I've already tried:
    • rebooting
    • antivirus scan
    • uninstalling programs I've installed within the last week
    • rolling back Windows updates (which I've found to be basically impossible)
    • cleaning up the fullest hard drive (I've more than doubled the free space on it)
    • updating my video card drivers
    • defragging all three hard drives

Any ideas?

BlackOwl, Mar 3, 2021
  3. Games run very slowly on Windows 10

Hi,

Thanks posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

1) Is the issue confined to specific game?

2) Is all the system programs, running fine?

I would suggest you to run maintenance task and check if it helps.

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer's, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Run maintenance task under
      System and Security.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Mar 3, 2021
  4. SSD running very slowly ...

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

SSD running very slowly ...

1. SSD running very slowly ... - Similar Threads - SSD running very

2. My PC is running very slowly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC is running very slowly: My PC us running slowly after upgrading my motherboard and cpu. I did a reinstal of windows 11 and that did not solve the issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-running-very-slowly/0730be62-8c15-4c16-99c8-bc4cf7f74222
  3. My PC is running very slowly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC is running very slowly: My PC us running slowly after upgrading my motherboard and cpu. I did a reinstal of windows 11 and that did not solve the issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-running-very-slowly/0730be62-8c15-4c16-99c8-bc4cf7f74222
  4. computer is running very slowly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer is running very slowly: since I have updated my computer to windows 11 the computer is very slow, for example: To come to this site to write this question I have been 5 minutes to load firefox. Or also for example I have opened spotify and it has taken between 2 and 3 minutes for the window to...
  5. computer is running very slowly

computer is running very slowly: since I have updated my computer to windows 11 the computer is very slow, for example: To come to this site to write this question I have been 5 minutes to load firefox. Or also for example I have opened spotify and it has taken between 2 and 3 minutes for the window to...
  6. Microsoft programs running very slowly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft programs running very slowly: So I wanted to change the alignment of the taskbar so that it would be on the left side of the screen but they removed that feature in Windows 11. I found a video online that showed a way to do it by changing something in the code. When I tried to do it, something went wrong...
  7. Microsoft programs running very slowly

Microsoft programs running very slowly: So I wanted to change the alignment of the taskbar so that it would be on the left side of the screen but they removed that feature in Windows 11. I found a video online that showed a way to do it by changing something in the code. When I tried to do it, something went wrong...
  8. Video freezing/running very slowly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video freezing/running very slowly: This appears to be an odd problem that I just can't find a solution to When streaming videos Youtube, Netflix and even Steam they'll, seemingly, randomly slow down to about 1 frame per second or slower, the audio also reduces to single clicks, pretty much running a the same...
  9. Windows 10 is running very slowly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 is running very slowly.: HOw do I speed up Window s 10? Are there files I need to remove? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-is-running-very-slowly/2ab1c823-577b-4d2b-be05-e8ec6b9ddde2
  10. Internet Running Very Slowly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Running Very Slowly: I've been going back and forth with my isp for a while now. trying to troubleshoot issues with my service. For a while it was truly their faults, going through updates and having down time in my area, just an overall loss of internet and throttling internet. I have since...