Windows 10: SSD should be emptier but it's not

Discus and support SSD should be emptier but it's not in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, First of all it's not my first language, sorry for that : So I've built a new pc with ssd240gb+hdd1tb On the second day I downloaded a file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by YektaYa, Sep 27, 2020.

1. YektaYa Win User

SSD should be emptier but it's not

Hi,

First of all it's not my first language, sorry for that :

So I've built a new pc with ssd240gb+hdd1tb

On the second day I downloaded a file and got virus, slowed down the pc whatever, I decided to erase everything through bios and start all over since it was just second day. When everything was all set again, there was a folder named Windows.old in Disc C so I deleted it but

I just noticed that all folders in the ssd covers around 60gb but when I look at the Disc C: which is ssd, but it shows 120gb is already used.

How is that possible?

And also there are 2 accounts as administrator and my user name. Is there any way to delete the administrator?

:)

YektaYa, Sep 27, 2020
  2. Kursah Win User

SSD Crucial Bx 100 - rattling/vibrating. Possible?

This has been suggested several times already, and it has been suggested you try to move the SSD, remove it, or even suspend it in your case. Will you please try one of these?

If you don't understand vibration and resonance, please refer to @dorsetknob 's post above. *Smile SSD should be emptier but it's not :) It has been explained that something else moving/vibrating (even if you don't think they're vibrating they are...), fans, hard disk drives, and anything with a motor will cause some form of vibration at certain frequencies. This can be transfered through your case's chassis and where you mounted your SSD could be reaching a certain frequency that causes it to slightly move and rattle against the case.

We are suggesting you take action and report back..you keep asking questions from step 1...we should be on step 4 by now...that is solution.

Try what has been suggested and report back please. Otherwise all you're doing is leading this thread in an endless circle and the help will stop shortly thereafter.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Sep 27, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Cloning to SSD then swapping drive letters

@SamHobbs
    What you want done is very simple and can be done in short period of time. Here's my suggestion:
    There's 2 modes that Windows can be installed: UEFI and the old legacy MBR. Open Disk Management, look at the disk where your C drive is, if there's a
    1. EFI System Partition, your Windows was installed using UEFI.
    2. System Reserved partition, your Windows was installed using MBR
    Next, Connect your SSD to an available Sata port (no need to format or do anything). Download: Macrium Reflect Free . Install and run. Follow the steps below:
    1. From Macrium, click on image this disk under your C drive and save it to either an Internal or External Drive. This will create a single backup image of the whole disk containing your C drive.
    2. Again, from Macrium, click on Restore tab and select the image created from step 1, Select your SSD as the destination drive, click Next->Finish
    3. Exit Macrium. If your Windows was installed using MBR, Open disk management and make sure the SSD is marked "Active" else go to next step.
    4. Shutdown your PC. Disconnect the HD containing Windows C drive then connect your SSD to it.
    5. Reboot. Your PC should boot and the Windows should have C as the drive letter.

NOTE: The procedure above is to backup your Windows to an image file then copy it back to the SSD. This ensures proper cluster size aligment for the SSD. In addition, Macrium also perform Trimming for the SSD. This is more preferable than cloning.

topgundcp, Sep 27, 2020
  4. HairyFool Win User

Windows 10 SSD Boot and Sleep faliure

Windows cannot stop the BIOS recognising the SSD. If at any time you can go into the BIOS and the SSD is not listed then you have an (intermittent) hardware fault. It does not matter what the precursor steps are if the hardware was OK it must be listed

Step 6 is categorical, you have a hardware fault. BIOS device recognition is always before drivers load so they cannot affect the process

HairyFool, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

1. SSD should be emptier but it's not - Similar Threads - SSD should emptier

2. Should i defragment an SSD?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Should i defragment an SSD?: my laptop now is slower than 1 month ago. In today, when i turned on laptop, it't automatic run checking disk. After checked disk, my laptop is quiet slow. I can't analyze C drive so i downloaded Defraggler and analyze disk. It's said 22% disk defragted then 26% defragted. I...
  3. Should i defragment an SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should i defragment an SSD?: my laptop now is slower than 1 month ago. In today, when i turned on laptop, it't automatic run checking disk. After checked disk, my laptop is quiet slow. I can't analyze C drive so i downloaded Defraggler and analyze disk. It's said 22% disk defragted then 26% defragted. I...
  4. Should i defragment an SSD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Should I choose SSD or the NVMe SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I choose SSD or the NVMe SSD?: What's the difference between these things?Should I choose SSD or the NVMe SSD?<Original title - Hmm...> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-choose-ssd-or-the-nvme-ssd/53be9827-486b-45c8-82a9-17bd0eec0afb
  6. Should I choose SSD or the NVMe SSD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should I choose SSD or the NVMe SSD?: What's the difference between these things?Should I choose SSD or the NVMe SSD?<Original title - Hmm...> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-choose-ssd-or-the-nvme-ssd/53be9827-486b-45c8-82a9-17bd0eec0afb
  7. Should I choose SSD or the NVMe SSD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Should an SSD make a sound?

Should an SSD make a sound?: So, doing my disk checking for errors, I have noticed when I check an SSD it makes a low volume, high pitched noise (a bit like in the movies when computer text is being typed on-screen ). I use a 240GB PNY, 240GB Kingston, A really old OCZ Agility3 120GB, and Vertex2 240GB....
  9. Should I defragment on SSD drive

Should I defragment on SSD drive: Will defragmenting shorten ssd service life? Should I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-defragment-on-ssd-drive/a42de2e2-2b7c-40af-98ae-a3ba3f0ef83b
  10. Should SSD's be defragmented

Should SSD's be defragmented: Here's a question that hasn't been asked before I'm sure. Should an SSD be defragmented. Seriously, I know there are a multitude of opinions on this but was wondering what the experts on this forum would suggest. 52802