Windows 10: SSD showing full storage, but barely anything installed.

Discus and support SSD showing full storage, but barely anything installed. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; All I have downloaded on my SSD is Windows and a couple of drivers for audio, chipset etc. But when I check to see how to free space up, it says 80 gb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IT4thQuarter, Oct 29, 2019.

1. SSD showing full storage, but barely anything installed.

All I have downloaded on my SSD is Windows and a couple of drivers for audio, chipset etc. But when I check to see how to free space up, it says 80 gb are in downloads and applications, but when I go to the uninstall and make it the ssd drive sorted by largest files first it shows 650mb being the biggest file. and I barely have any other things downloaded on the ssd. Any help is appreciated. SSD showing full storage, but barely anything installed. acdf6c08-260e-4465-8e37-b0ea8737ec00?upload=true.png SSD showing full storage, but barely anything installed. e50514ee-ea27-4dd2-a90f-855fe09d5f4b?upload=true.png

:)

IT4thQuarter, Oct 29, 2019
  2. Anne Ros Win User

SSD storage keeps filling up on its own

Hi Ash,

There's a possibility that the files are just hidden. As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps below on how to display hidden files that's eating space of your SSD:

• On the Search bar, type folder, and then select
      Show hidden files and folders from the search results.
    • Under Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives,
      and then select OK.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Anne Ros, Oct 29, 2019
  3. nonobio Win User
    Show storage space in This PC

Hi,
    I have the same issue and tried all tips in this topic.
    Did you found a solution ?
    Thanks

nonobio, Oct 29, 2019
  4. efeman Win User

SSD showing full storage, but barely anything installed.

Windows 10 Storage Space doesn't show up on new install

I have a working Windows 10 install on a SATA SSD, with a Storage Space set up with several drives. Today, I installed Windows 10 on a new NVMe drive, and the Storage Space doesn't show up. The drives that make up the Storage Space do show
    up in UEFI, Device Manager, and Intel RST.

If I plug the old SSD back in and boot to the old install, the Storage Space shows up.

I've searched online and everything suggests that Windows should automatically detect the Storage Space. Looking for any guidance.

EDIT: I have a support case open with Microsoft. Level 1 techs couldn't figure it out, so I have a Level 2 tech call set up.

efeman, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

SSD showing full storage, but barely anything installed.

1. SSD showing full storage, but barely anything installed. - Similar Threads - SSD showing full

2. My computer shows I’m almost out of storage however, I have barely download anything on my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer shows I’m almost out of storage however, I have barely download anything on my...: I’m a college student I use my computer for school. I don’t download much on my computer besides the occasional word document and PowerPoint. It shows that I have used up almost 400 GB of storage and only have 25 left. I don’t know what’s taking up all my storage? I’ve been...
  3. My computer shows I’m almost out of storage however, I have barely download anything on my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer shows I’m almost out of storage however, I have barely download anything on my...: I’m a college student I use my computer for school. I don’t download much on my computer besides the occasional word document and PowerPoint. It shows that I have used up almost 400 GB of storage and only have 25 left. I don’t know what’s taking up all my storage? I’ve been...
  4. Surface is bloated but barely has anything on it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface is bloated but barely has anything on it: My Surface Go 2 was purchased a while back but after being serviced for a software issue it's storage is filled up with something but I am unable to locate what it is. I suspect it's Window's files from updates as I have barely anything installed since I keep most of my stuff...
  5. Surface is bloated but barely has anything on it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface is bloated but barely has anything on it: My Surface Go 2 was purchased a while back but after being serviced for a software issue it's storage is filled up with something but I am unable to locate what it is. I suspect it's Window's files from updates as I have barely anything installed since I keep most of my stuff...
  6. barely anything works

in Windows 10 Customization
    barely anything works: ok so I think my main issue is that shift is stuck so I can't use any punctuations no numbers can't even scroll down without clicking the slider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/barely-anything-works/7fae9c70-b15b-4010-bd99-b062446c1e1e
  7. My mother's USB shows full storage usage BUT it doesn't show anything.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My mother's USB shows full storage usage BUT it doesn't show anything.: Avast found a little malware but it's under control, however it doesn't show anything. It's almost 4 Gb of used storage but literally the folders don't appear. EDIT: I tried compressing to .rar the USB files from outside but when it was at 8% showed an error during the...
  8. Low storage even with barely anything on my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Low storage even with barely anything on my computer: Hi everyone! I have a microsoft surface go that I receieved as a gift for Christmas 2018. I do not use the computer a lot, nor do I really have anything on here except for Adobe CC, photoshop, splashtop, and cricut app. I have maybe 3 photos / documents on my computer, but...
  9. Running Barely Anything: Disk At 100%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Running Barely Anything: Disk At 100%: Hey! I've run into a bit of a problem with my computer. My C: D: disk seems to always be stuck at 100%. I noticed the problem about a month ago, but it was very minor. A few spikes, mainly when I was gaming. Now, it will never go down. I've done extensive research but...
  10. Full win10 install on ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Full win10 install on ssd: Hi my actual os: Win 7. Home edition. Installed on hdd i have mounted a 120 g sandisk SSD in my desktop so i would like to install a FULL. (Not a update) win10 on my new ssd i disconnect my win7 hdd ( i want to keep this win 7 hdd) after, can i follow the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my ssd shows its installed but i can download things on it

2. i have barely any apps on my ssd but its full