Windows 10: SSD showing up as HDD in device manager

Discus and support SSD showing up as HDD in device manager in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I just installed a Samsung SSD 2TB drive. I already have two 2TB and 1TB SSD drives and one old Western Digital 2TB disk drive insatlled. My new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Zafflower, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Zafflower Win User

SSD showing up as HDD in device manager

Hi,

I just installed a Samsung SSD 2TB drive. I already have two 2TB and 1TB SSD drives and one old Western Digital 2TB disk drive insatlled. My new SSD drive is working properly. I was able to format it and move files to it, but it shows up as a Western Digital hard drive in Device Manager. My new drive is listed properly in the BIOS as an SSD drive. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks.

Zaffer

:)

Zafflower, Jan 11, 2020

2. HDD in a HDD caddy is not showing up in the disk management

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• How are you connecting the HDD Caddy?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

If you are connecting the device using USB, I suggest you to check if other USB devices are recognized as USB devices or Other device. If it is displaying as other device, then the issue might be with the USB port. So, I suggest you to update the USB drivers
    by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller.
    • Right click on the drive, select Update Driver Software and follow the on-screen prompts.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 11, 2020
  3. HDD in a HDD caddy is not showing up in the disk management

Hi!

I recently bought Lenovo Z50 which came with a regular HDD. I had a spare SSD drive from an older laptop so I cloned the OS that came with Z50 to it and then did a clean install with installation media. Everything went well and the system is running very
    smoothly on the SSD.

The problem is that I can't get the regular HDD that came with new laptop running if I boot from the SSD. Regular HDD is in a HDD caddy that I used to replace my DVD-drive. HDD in the caddy shows up in device management as an other device, not as a hard
    drive and it's not showing up in the disk management. Is there a way to clean this drive without OS? Would it help? I have everything backed up on an external hard drive so it's okay if I lose the data. That's what I want actually.

If I boot from the regular HDD in the caddy the original OS starts up just fine and even the SSD shows up in the disk management. If I swap the SSD to the caddy and put the HDD inside the laptop I can boot from the HDD but not from the SSD...

What should I do to get the OS running on the 128 MB SSD so that i could use the regular 1 TB HDD also to store everything i need?

AapoOinonen, Jan 11, 2020
  4. RubenDLF Win User

HDD recognise on Device Manager and on BIOS but not on Computer Management

Hello

I've recently built my first custom PC and I'm getting stuck in the final part. Basically I have an SSD where I installed W10 and I have an extra HDD that I cannot make as my storage unit. I did a bit of research and supposedly I should go to Computer Management
    and I should allocate the HDD to storage as many youtube videos can show, however on my case there the only drive available is the SSD. Nevertheless, if I open Device Manager I can see both SSD and HDD there.

How can I solve this?

Regards,

Ruben

RubenDLF, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

1. SSD showing up as HDD in device manager - Similar Threads - SSD showing HDD

2. SSD showing up as HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD showing up as HDD: since this question is already closed in thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssd-showing-up-as-hdd-in-device-manager/e1dad58d-4bbb-40f6-862b-783b18f06371 I refer to it herewith again. Since it has at the time of writing this one here one hundred "I've...
  3. SSD showing up as HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD showing up as HDD: since this question is already closed in thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssd-showing-up-as-hdd-in-device-manager/e1dad58d-4bbb-40f6-862b-783b18f06371 I refer to it herewith again. Since it has at the time of writing this one here one hundred "I've...
  4. SSD showing up as HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD showing up as HDD: My SSD is showing up as HDD in task manager and disk management, i need it to show up as SSD so i can install windows subsystem for android https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssd-showing-up-as-hdd/d314266f-d87b-446a-bc38-31e6655fed25
  5. SSD showing up as HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD showing up as HDD: My SSD is showing up as HDD in task manager and disk management, i need it to show up as SSD so i can install windows subsystem for android https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssd-showing-up-as-hdd/d314266f-d87b-446a-bc38-31e6655fed25
  6. ssd shows up as removable hdd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ssd shows up as removable hdd: 1:it wasn't allways like this, but i dont know what i did probably i guess some driver stuff2:I've already tried the following:-reset my pc my data was lost for NOTHING-use the winsap formal cmd thing or whatever it was exactl-do the regestry stuff-use every driver update...
  7. External HDD not showing up in Device Manager (or My Computer)

External HDD not showing up in Device Manager (or My Computer): G'day all, I have 4 year old Seagate 1TB hard drive. I've tried connecting it to multiple Windows PCs but the same thing always happens: I connect it It makes the Windows sound that new hardware/usb has been connected. Nothing happens the drive does not appear in My Computer,...
  8. SSD showing up as HDD

SSD showing up as HDD: Hey there, I recently had a 1TB Seagate HDD installed on to my Asus ROG laptop which already had an inbuilt 1TB SSD. But I am surprised as to why my Task Manager enlists my SSD with the credentials of my HDD and my HDD with that of my SSD. I know it is switched because my...
  9. Second HDD showing up in BIOS and Device Management, but not in Disk Management

Second HDD showing up in BIOS and Device Management, but not in Disk Management: Hello! First of all about my config Lenovo Y720-15IKB OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB Motherboard: Intel H170 ITX KBL-S( I believe, the system doesnt say it, I looked up on the internet) BIOS version/date: LENOVO 4GCN31WW, 2017. 09. 27. SSD: Kingston...
  10. External HDD shows up in Device Manager but not My Computer

External HDD shows up in Device Manager but not My Computer: Hi guys, I just tried to install Ubuntu from a USB stick alongside Windows 10, and have managed to make my external HDD disappear *Sad Halfway through my installation of Ubuntu I noticed that the software was trying to install from a 500GB drive (my external HDD)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ssd showing as separate device