Windows 10: SSD slowed down

Discus and support SSD slowed down in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, Since I traveled yesterday my computer slowed down significantly and is really acting up. After some digging, I found out that my SSD is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Passienter, Dec 22, 2019.

1. SSD slowed down

Hello,

Since I traveled yesterday my computer slowed down significantly and is really acting up. After some digging, I found out that my SSD is the issue. It loads everything fine but in large intervals. Therefore if I want to open up my browser, it might take no time at all, or between 5-10 seconds.

I did a CrystalDiskMark test and here are the results along with the visible intervals on the task manager:

SSD slowed down [​IMG]

Does anyone have any solution for this? Could I fix it through software or do I need to buy a new ssd because it's permanently damaged?

Thank you for any help.

:)

Passienter, Dec 22, 2019
  2. Arjay Dom Win User

slow ssd

Hi,

Slow SSD performance can be caused by several factors like Hybernation mode and Superfetch service.

As an initial troubleshooting step, try disabling Hibernate mode since it is unnecessary for the SSD system as it takes too much time to boot from it.

• Open Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Enter the administrator credentials once prompted.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type or copy and paste this command:

powercfg -h off
    • Press Enter.

Note: Once Hibernate is already disabled, you can also free up some space to improve its performance.

We also recommenddisabing Superfetch as one way to optimize the SSD performance:

• Press Windows key + R to open the Run
      dialog box.
    • Type services.msc and press Enter.
    • Scroll down and right-click on Superfetch.
    • Select Stop.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

*If you think this was useful, feel free to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.*

Arjay Dom, Dec 22, 2019
  3. mbmeadows Win User
    Constant script errors and slow loading pages in 10 internet explorer 11

I have done the steps listed above. They have not helped and I am still getting constant script errors, along with slow loading pages. Are there any other suggestions?

mbmeadows, Dec 22, 2019
  4. NaelAmer Win User

SSD slowed down

Windows 10 Very Slow Login

Hi Arul,

What's with the slow login and unlocking in Windows 10? We're still suffering with the issue, we're using high end PCs, overclocked ones with SSDs and paid that much for speed, and Windows 10 comes to slow down our machines?!

Please raise this issue to higher level management or someone who can take a real step in fixing the issue ASAP.

Thank you.

NaelAmer, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

SSD slowed down

1. SSD slowed down - Similar Threads - SSD slowed down

2. SSD speed slowed down after win 11 update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD speed slowed down after win 11 update.: I've been using win 11 for 2 years now. I updated like a month ago. And after that my ssd speed dropped from 540mbps to 22mbps.Its complicated, the thing is when i boot my pc, it give the normal speed of 540mbps. But as soon as i perform a performance heavy task e.g. using...
  3. SSD speed slowed down after win 11 update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD speed slowed down after win 11 update.: I've been using win 11 for 2 years now. I updated like a month ago. And after that my ssd speed dropped from 540mbps to 22mbps.Its complicated, the thing is when i boot my pc, it give the normal speed of 540mbps. But as soon as i perform a performance heavy task e.g. using...
  4. Slowing down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slowing down: Can anyone really explain what slows down your computer over time? I have a couple windows 10 machines in my home and both are slowing down so much its frustrating. They take 10-20 minutes to start up and become useable. Once started they both suffer from long bouts of "not...
  5. windows 11 slow down ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 slow down ssd: I have updated my os into windows 11, after that my ssd facing some slow down issue, so I updated all the updation packages available in recent days. But the issue still remains, so I googled and known about the kb5007262 update, this update wasn't in my updation history, and...
  6. windows 11 slow down ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 slow down ssd: I have updated my os into windows 11, after that my ssd facing some slow down issue, so I updated all the updation packages available in recent days. But the issue still remains, so I googled and known about the kb5007262 update, this update wasn't in my updation history, and...
  7. Slowing down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slowing down: Hi My computer is really slowing down and is hanging alot even folders are not responding Pls help Regards Asmeet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slowing-down/6b4cf77d-627d-4948-8775-a4bc687af8c8
  8. Update 1903 slowed down my SSD NVMe drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Update 1903 slowed down my SSD NVMe drive: I recently updated my PC to Windows 10 version 1903. I honestly was expecting some things to stop working, because it is in Microsoft's custom. Usually it comes to just turning off some services (major Windows updates tend to turn on everything again) like telemetry and other...
  9. Slowing Down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slowing Down: Hopefully, we can come up with an option other than reinstalling windows. I'm using Windows 10 on a custom-built computer and it's been about 2 years since it was originally installed on this particular machine. We don't do anything interesting with this machine. All of what...
  10. Windows Slow and slow down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Slow and slow down: Whats going on in Win 10. The past 2-3 weeks have seen win 10 go from smooth and fast to slow and slow. This forum took 77-78 seconds to open from clicking on shortcut to screen. I have games staggering all over the place like drunken graphics. On occasion sites do not even...