Windows 10: SSD stops and freezes laptop

Discus and support SSD stops and freezes laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've had an odd problem going on for several months now, and am getting close to the root cause but need assistance in finally getting there.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DavidMiller36415, Sep 7, 2018.

1. SSD stops and freezes laptop

I've had an odd problem going on for several months now, and am getting close to the root cause but need assistance in finally getting there.

Periodically, whether I'm using or not using my Dell 7275, it would freeze. The mouse would still move about the screen, however I was unable to select anything. I couldn't even use ALT/CTRL/Delete to reboot, would have to hard shut down. In instances when I wasn't using it, it would eventually BSOD, but there were never any associated dumps, nor were there any incidents in the event viewer. This happened before I updated to 1803, I updated hoping to resolve the problem, however the problem continued.

Finally I started watching the Performance Monitor until a freeze occurred, and discovered that all activity with the SSD would suddenly disappear from the Performance Monitor logs. Once that occurred, the mouse would move but not select anything, and I would have to hard boot. This leads me to understand why there were no events logged in the event viewer, nor any dumps, as the SSD had ceased functioning.

I have done several stress tests to the SSD, and it always passes with no error. All drivers have been updated.

Oddly enough, I found if I stream Pandora, the problem does not occur, and the system will run fine for hours on end. Once I quit streaming, the system will freeze within 2-3 minutes.

Please help, this has made my 7275 virtually unusable.

Thanks,

Dave

:)

DavidMiller36415, Sep 7, 2018

2. laptop freezes up

hi, my laptop is freezing up on windows 10 and i am wondering if there is any steps to stop this from happening cause it's keeps freezing up every time i try to download something thanks for your time!!

LeRoyCreamer, Sep 7, 2018
  3. grfft Win User
    Windows 10 Freezes; SSD's transfer rate goes to 100%

I have solved this issue - so far my SSD freezes have stopped.

I changed the SATA driver from the generic Microsoft one, back to the intel driver provided by ASUS.

I first had this issue when I clean installed windows 10.

Prior to this, I had upgraded my HDD to an SSD while on windows 8.1

after the upgrade to windows 10 I had no issues.

after clean installing windows 10, the SSD freezes began. I went back to a HDD and didn't have this issue, but returned to the SSD and still had this issue. the freezes are only about 30 seconds to 1 minute.

I went to my laptop OEM page and downloaded the 2013 intel driver recommended for my laptop. After a restart, the SSD issue stopped and has not returned.

I propose that the generic Microsoft SATA driver is the cause of this issue, on my laptop. My SSD freezing issue occurred only after I started using the generic Microsoft driver, and stopped when I returned to the Intel driver that originally came with my
    laptop.

grfft, Sep 7, 2018
  4. n-ster Win User

SSD stops and freezes laptop

n-ster, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

SSD stops and freezes laptop

1. SSD stops and freezes laptop - Similar Threads - SSD stops freezes

2. Laptop stops responding in between and screen freezes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop stops responding in between and screen freezes.: I bought a new hp 245 g8 notebook laptop a month ago it's screen used to freeze a lot then I updated it from windows 10 to windows 11. Even after updating the laptop is too slow, even don't respond many times a day , it's screen freezes and keys and mouse doesn't work or...
  3. Laptop stops responding in between and screen freezes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop stops responding in between and screen freezes.: I bought a new hp 245 g8 notebook laptop a month ago it's screen used to freeze a lot then I updated it from windows 10 to windows 11. Even after updating the laptop is too slow, even don't respond many times a day , it's screen freezes and keys and mouse doesn't work or...
  4. SSD stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD stopped working: So I just got a new SSD today and it came already set up so it wasn't unallocated. I wanted it to be my main storage device so I would see it when I checked my storage settings. Then I tried making a pool with the SSD I got today with another one I had. When i did that the...
  5. Wifi driver stops while running and laptop freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi driver stops while running and laptop freezes: I have installed windows 11 in my laptop,I have tried literally tried everything but After runing properly for few days it starts Stopping again and again and my laptop freezes, It happens most of the time when I Play games. plz help me...
  6. Windows Laptop hanging/freezing issue after SSD Installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Laptop hanging/freezing issue after SSD Installation: Hey all,I have a Dell Vostro 3468 Laptop and Windows 10 Professional installed in it.It was running smoothly except increased boot and restart times before I installed an SSD in addition to the previous hard drive as OS Drive on the laptop. Now it keeps hanging or freezing...
  7. Windows Laptop hanging/freezing issue after SSD Installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Laptop hanging/freezing issue after SSD Installation: Hey all,I have a Dell Vostro 3468 Laptop and Windows 10 Professional installed in it.It was running smoothly except increased boot and restart times before I installed an SSD in addition to the previous hard drive as OS Drive on the laptop. Now it keeps hanging or freezing...
  8. my laptop freeze and then the audio Input stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my laptop freeze and then the audio Input stopped working: my laptop is HP laptop 14s-dk0157 AU for more detail hereI was just playing some osu 3 days ago when it started to freeze, so i decided to restart my laptop and voila my laptop is back on.... except my audio input doesn't work. I usually use headphone so, I tried to unplug...
  9. ssd freezing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ssd freezing: so basically I'm having an issue here like my laptop starts to freeze and lag and hold when i open tabs on a browser or run any sort of program idk whats the problem i tried downloading the link power management but it still is not helping and also sometimes when i unplug its...
  10. Windows10Universal.exe stopped working/error/ laptop freeze

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows10Universal.exe stopped working/error/ laptop freeze: hi, so i've been download roblox from store rcenly, from time to time it freeze my laptop alot, i've been checking may hardware and nothing wrong in it, so i check using "Relaiability Monitor" and shows that there is an error at "Windows10universal.exe" and it show...