Windows 10: SSD Storage gone after using a system restore image

Discus and support SSD Storage gone after using a system restore image in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi guys, Yesterday I reinstalled Windows 10 onto my new 1TB SSD after a few months of not having it. After installing I decided to use my system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by decotech, Oct 24, 2019.

1. decotech Win User

SSD Storage gone after using a system restore image

Hi guys,

Yesterday I reinstalled Windows 10 onto my new 1TB SSD after a few months of not having it.

After installing I decided to use my system restore image so i can get all files and apps back.

Once that was completed, I noticed that i got a notification saying that i was running out of space. So I checked the file explorer and the drive says i have 19gb left out of 230gb (which was the size of my previous partition for Windows (the also system restore image)).

I went into system > storage and it said i have 19gb left out of the 1TB.

How is this possible? and How do I fix this?

Thanks!!

:)

decotech, Oct 24, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

restore system image from command prompt, drive d: not seen by system restore

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To be able to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• Are you trying to restore the system image or create a system image?
    • Are you able to see the external drive in File Explorer?
    • Could you please briefly explain the procedure that you are following to initiate a system image restore?

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the articles on
    How to: Create a system image in Windows 10
    and

How to restore a Windows 10 system image to an existing or larger storage device
    created by Andre Da Costa.

Please reply with the detailed information, to help you in a better way.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 24, 2019
  3. Win10 Pro installed on SSD (C drive) with restore points turned off. System>Storage>Cdrive>System and Reserved>System Restore 15.5GBs !!!

As the title says, Win 10 Pro installed on SSD drive with Restore Points turned off, System Protection off, etc...However, System>Storage>C drive>System and Reserved>System Restore 15.5GBs and growing. Have tried to delete, but according to system there
    are no restore points to delete. Is Win 10 reading the storage amt wrong? Any suggestions??? Thank you...

RalphDorado, Oct 24, 2019
  4. SSD Storage gone after using a system restore image

Windows Update history gone after system image restore

That thread lists similar symptoms however my situation is distinct in that executing a full system image recovery causes the problem (as opposed to a system restore point).

Regardless there is no suggestion of any solution on that thread.

I am happy to continue the support discussion there. Please do not use this thread anymore.

dropBearSYD, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

SSD Storage gone after using a system restore image

1. SSD Storage gone after using a system restore image - Similar Threads - SSD Storage gone

2. System Restore Points gone after system reset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore Points gone after system reset?: Hi :I recently did a system reset without wiping my old data. Still I forgot to save some crucial Data and as I was about to do a system restore to undo my changes, I could not find a sytem restore point anymore. I tried rebooting in safe mode and look once again, still the...
  3. full storage after system restore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    full storage after system restore: I just did a system restore and the storage is full disk c even though there are no big files in it other than system files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/full-storage-after-system-restore/c465a58f-7ab4-4910-940d-e6095bea9e6d
  4. full storage after system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    full storage after system restore: I just did a system restore and the storage is full disk c even though there are no big files in it other than system files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/full-storage-after-system-restore/c465a58f-7ab4-4910-940d-e6095bea9e6d
  5. full storage after system restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Restore Image to SSD using a second computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore Image to SSD using a second computer: My desktop computer failed to boot. Windows was an SSD drive. I have a System Image on an external HDD, in a subfolder. Can I use a second windows computer to restore the the image from the external HDD to the SSD drive I can connect the SDD to this PC also as an external...
  7. Restoring System Image Backup after RAM/SSD changes?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restoring System Image Backup after RAM/SSD changes?: Sorry if this is a dumb question. Would RAM/SSD changes made after creating the backup (in my case, 8GB-> 2x8GB, added a second SSD) cause issues when restoring from a system image backup? submitted by /u/user531800869420 [link] [comments]...
  8. Use System Image restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Use System Image restore: I had done a fresh install around middle of May. Kept MS out of it during install. Result was Administrator Account which I later hid, Me as Administrator local, Tester local, and Me with MS account. Setup backups and SR and C as system, D as programs, and E as data. A few...
  9. Is it OK to use system restore on an SSD?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Is it OK to use system restore on an SSD?: I came across an old thread on here and elsewhere on the internet that discussed System Restore usage on an SSD. I am aware that Defragging shouldn't be done on SSD's as it will wear the SSD out a lot faster. I also know that Windows 10 is set up by default to Optimise the...
  10. Is it OK to use system restore on an SSD?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it OK to use system restore on an SSD?: I came across an old thread on here and elsewhere on the internet that discussed System Restore usage on an SSD. I am aware that Defragging shouldn't be done on SSD's as it will wear the SSD out a lot faster. I also know that Windows 10 is set up by default to Optimise the...