Windows 10: SSD stuck loading windows, but not on another PC

Discus and support SSD stuck loading windows, but not on another PC in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, I seem to have a common problem where windows loads indefinitely. It's on my wife's computer. If I reset it it gets stuck on "preparing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jiggilymeow, Dec 15, 2019.

1. SSD stuck loading windows, but not on another PC

Hey guys,

I seem to have a common problem where windows loads indefinitely. It's on my wife's computer.

If I reset it it gets stuck on "preparing automatic repair" instead, and I can't even get to the repair tool. After a while it gives up and gives me the blue screen SSD stuck loading windows, but not on another PC :( and resets.

I created a windows media USB so that I could access the repair tool, but you guessed it, none of the repair options work. I even have three restore points.

Using the CMD prompt and guides online also didn't get me anywhere.

Now to the interesting bit. I took the SSD out and put it in my other PC and I was able to access everything on it from my explorer. I copied over some important files and then rebooted my computer and set my wife's SSD as the boot device.

It ran the repair tool but it actually worked and booted up my wife's version of Windows. Everything works!

So I brought the SSD back to her motherboard and same thing, loading windows forever.

I used the same SATA cable and I even tried another port on her MB.

I'm just not sure what is going on here. I've rules out the SSD and the drive shows up in BIOS.

It's gotta be something simple that I am overlooking.

submitted by /u/jiggilymeow
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jiggilymeow, Dec 15, 2019

2. SSD stops and freezes laptop

Couple of updates:

1. I created a Linux boot USB key, and monitored my SSD under Linux, so this is evidently not a Windows issue, and
    2. I loaded new firmware for the SSD, and my system seems to be functioning normally now. What a pleasure using a PC that doesn't consistently freeze up.

Thanks to all y'all for your suggestions!

Regards,

Dave

DavidMiller36415, Dec 15, 2019
  3. HairyFool Win User
    Windows 10 SSD Boot and Sleep faliure

Windows cannot stop the BIOS recognising the SSD. If at any time you can go into the BIOS and the SSD is not listed then you have an (intermittent) hardware fault. It does not matter what the precursor steps are if the hardware was OK it must be listed

Step 6 is categorical, you have a hardware fault. BIOS device recognition is always before drivers load so they cannot affect the process

HairyFool, Dec 15, 2019
  4. SSD stuck loading windows, but not on another PC

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Dec 15, 2019
Thema:

SSD stuck loading windows, but not on another PC

1. SSD stuck loading windows, but not on another PC - Similar Threads - SSD stuck loading

2. Pc stuck on Windows Loading screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pc stuck on Windows Loading screen: A couple of weeks back i did a windows update and i went into advanced options and tocked off a couple of drivers foolishly for it to download, now whenever i boot windows its stuck and wont let me into it. On my Pc it shows Medion when booting but on other PCs it shows 7...
  3. Pc stuck on Windows Loading screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc stuck on Windows Loading screen: A couple of weeks back i did a windows update and i went into advanced options and tocked off a couple of drivers foolishly for it to download, now whenever i boot windows its stuck and wont let me into it. On my Pc it shows Medion when booting but on other PCs it shows 7...
  4. Pc stuck on Windows Loading screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC Stuck on loading screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Stuck on loading screen: please help it just shows this all the time and i cant get into safe mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-stuck-on-loading-screen/f3760f80-1ed1-4f55-9021-1a53cb7cb69c
  6. PC Stuck on loading screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Stuck on loading screen: please help it just shows this all the time and i cant get into safe mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-stuck-on-loading-screen/f3760f80-1ed1-4f55-9021-1a53cb7cb69c
  7. PC Stuck on loading screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Pc stuck at loading screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc stuck at loading screen: So i was reseting my pc, and then all of a sudden i got a blue screen while its reseting. Now its just stuck at the loading screen. Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-stuck-at-loading-screen/6ce236f7-6b0a-44a7-9c88-48d7f8f65114
  9. My PC is stuck in the BIOS/Loading Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My PC is stuck in the BIOS/Loading Windows: I am trying to install a fresh new copy of Windows on my PC. I have my flash drive with Windows inserted into the PC. Everytime Windows installs all the files in the "first step" I get this message [IMG] I tried using the Windows recovery but the same thing keeps happening....
  10. Transfer Windows 10 SSD drive to another PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Windows 10 SSD drive to another PC: Situation: I have two Laptop PC's, 1. A DELL VOSTRO with an SSD drive, Windows 10 PRO installed. The hardware on this computer is dying. I have a Prod ID, a Prod Key and the Activation window states "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your...