Windows 10: SSD stuck on formatting | Windows Disk Manager

Discus and support SSD stuck on formatting | Windows Disk Manager in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I wanted to initialize my new SSD before cloning it. I used Windows integrated disk management to do so and I've chosen quick format. After 1 hour I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/marvin_trvl, Nov 30, 2020.

1. SSD stuck on formatting | Windows Disk Manager

I wanted to initialize my new SSD before cloning it. I used Windows integrated disk management to do so and I've chosen quick format.

After 1 hour I canceled formatting, however, it's still stuck on "formatting". I already closed the disk manager and restarted it, but it still says "formatting"

What are your suggestions? Would it damage the SSD if I removed it?

Here's also a screenshot: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_M3wR3XyFgkht6FSD4QYC-iomDgJ_XUZ/view?usp=sharing

Please send help, I'm desperate xD

submitted by /u/marvin_trvl
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/marvin_trvl, Nov 30, 2020
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Nov 30, 2020
  3. Jay Jap Win User
    SSD not being shown in disk management

Hello,

We need to do further investigation on your concern so that we can identify the cause of the issue:

• Have you tried connecting it to a different USB port?
    • Have you checked if the SSD is visible in Device Manager? Follow these steps to verify if it is visible in Device Manager:
      • Right-click on Start and click-on Device Manager.
      • Click-on the Disk drive and check if it is there.
      • If it is visible, try to check if you can update its driver.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Nov 30, 2020
  4. SSD stuck on formatting | Windows Disk Manager

My Centon 120 gb SSD shows up in BIOS and Win10 Device Manager, but does not show up in Disk Management to enable formatting. How can I format this SSD?

My Centon 120 gb SSD shows up in BIOS and Win10 Device Manager, but does not show up in Disk Management to enable formatting. How can I format this SSD?

I have a new Dell 8900 with updated drivers and software. I have not added as SSD before and I am afraid I am missing something obvious.

The drive shows up in the BIOS in SATA 4 port. It also is in the Device Manager under the Disk Drives heading as SATA SSD. It does not show up in the listing of drives under Disk Management.

I know it needs to be formatted, but it does not have a drive letter assigned and I do not see how to get it one.

I did try Uninstalling the driver under the Device Manager, it just found the same info after scanning for new hardware.

Thanks for your help...

BillLukens, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

SSD stuck on formatting | Windows Disk Manager

1. SSD stuck on formatting | Windows Disk Manager - Similar Threads - SSD stuck formatting

2. Formating a ssd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Formating a ssd: Hello so i just installed a new ssd and would like to format it but i dont really understand it. I would like to have games and some apps on it and later put windows on it, i would use my old hdd for like photos and stuff i dont care about that much...
  3. Formating a ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Formating a ssd: Hello so i just installed a new ssd and would like to format it but i dont really understand it. I would like to have games and some apps on it and later put windows on it, i would use my old hdd for like photos and stuff i dont care about that much...
  4. Formatting SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Formatting SSD: Hi there, when installing Windows 10 on a new SSD that has not been formatted is there a function during the installment process that allows the new SSD to formatted before installment? Thank you, Robert....
  5. Trying to format ssd and this is what happens whenever I go into disk manager.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to format ssd and this is what happens whenever I go into disk manager.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/pewakawaka [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j0immt/trying_to_format_ssd_and_this_is_what_happens/
  6. SSD Formatting

SSD Formatting: When attempting to format my new SSD, Disk Management will only let me convert to MBR or a Dynamic Disk, but not show me the option to format it. It doesn't have a directory name yet, and I cannot install files onto it. How can I make that happen?...
  7. Disk Management - SSD Does not Exist

Disk Management - SSD Does not Exist: I recently had to wipe everything off my computer and restart because of an error code. Previously, I had Windows installed on my SSD, but now after having restarted my computer with nothing on it, I cannot find my SSD. The C: drive is for some reason my HDD, I know that...
  8. Disk Management for External SSD drive

Disk Management for External SSD drive: I bought a Samsung 500 GB SSD T5 and I'd like to use it without the Samsung app, just as an external drive. Disk management shows it as a 42 MB partition. I'd like to delete this partition and reclaim the rest of my 500 GBs but nothing I do will allow this. Is this an...
  9. ssd file missing in disk management

ssd file missing in disk management: I have loaded a Samsung 1000GB pcie ssd in the x4 pcie slot on my dell xps 8910. the disk shows up in my BIOS, but I cannot see any sign of it in my windows 10 os. It does not show up in disk management screens and trying to load the Samsung driver says that the disk in...
  10. SSD Disappears in Disk Management When Formatted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD Disappears in Disk Management When Formatted: Hi, So whenever I try to reformat my SSD from unallocated to NTFS I get this error. Does anyone know what to do? 51403

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my ssd stuck at formatting

2. stuck format ssd di disk management