Windows 10: SSD Suddenly not Bootable?

Discus and support SSD Suddenly not Bootable? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've been running windows 10 from a 240GB kingdom A400 SSD without issue. This morning the PC had rebooted but couldn't find a dive to boot from. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/milothicus, Jul 15, 2020.

1. SSD Suddenly not Bootable?

I've been running windows 10 from a 240GB kingdom A400 SSD without issue.

This morning the PC had rebooted but couldn't find a dive to boot from.

I moved in another drive (already had windows installed), and it booted without issue. I could still read my old windows drive without issue.

I installed Kingston's SSD management tool and it rates the old drive as healthy, but I still can't boot from it.

Is there a way to make the drive bootable again without reinstalling windows on it?

submitted by /u/milothicus
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/milothicus, Jul 15, 2020

2. URGENT HELP NEEDED! HDD suddenly became blank!

Hey there, @Shamonto Hasan Easha!

I'd try re-plugging the hard drive and checking if the cable is damaged. I'd also suggest to try plugging the drive in another computer and see if it gets recognized properly there. Is it a IDE or SATA drive you're using?
    If the drive is unallocated, this means that the partition has been lost after the power went down.
    Check out this thread for more ideas on how to solve the issue. There are some detailed steps there that might be useful for you:
    http://superuser.com/questions/5442...n-on-ssd-suddenly-became-unallocated-disk-spa

Hope this helped.
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Jul 15, 2020
  3. swarfega Win User
    SSD Failure

Last year I replaced an aging hard drive in my Mum's pc with a slightly less aging OCZ Vertex 2 SSD.

This morning she was using the pc just fine then left it until this evening when it suddenly would not boot and reported sata drive failure.

Perhaps I shouldn't be too disappointed considering it was last generation technology.

What should be my first steps in diagnosing this fault? If the drive has failed I may as well suggest it be replaced with a more modern one which I'm sure has better longevity. I have an external drive reader which can take any sata device. This should allow me to see if the data is accessible.

In my own rig I have a Samsung 840 EVO 250 which has served me well so I may suggest she gets the same unless you guys have alternative suggestions.

swarfega, Jul 15, 2020
  4. Kursah Win User

SSD Suddenly not Bootable?

SSD Crucial Bx 100 - rattling/vibrating. Possible?

This has been suggested several times already, and it has been suggested you try to move the SSD, remove it, or even suspend it in your case. Will you please try one of these?

If you don't understand vibration and resonance, please refer to @dorsetknob 's post above. *Smile SSD Suddenly not Bootable? :) It has been explained that something else moving/vibrating (even if you don't think they're vibrating they are...), fans, hard disk drives, and anything with a motor will cause some form of vibration at certain frequencies. This can be transfered through your case's chassis and where you mounted your SSD could be reaching a certain frequency that causes it to slightly move and rattle against the case.

We are suggesting you take action and report back..you keep asking questions from step 1...we should be on step 4 by now...that is solution.

Try what has been suggested and report back please. Otherwise all you're doing is leading this thread in an endless circle and the help will stop shortly thereafter.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

SSD Suddenly not Bootable?

1. SSD Suddenly not Bootable? - Similar Threads - SSD Suddenly Bootable

2. How to format a new SSD and make it bootable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to format a new SSD and make it bootable?: I would like to know on how to format a new SSD and make it bootable.Does anyone have any suggestions?Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-format-a-new-ssd-and-make-it-bootable/85e69edd-d8c8-4369-a045-d00184c95b72
  3. Suddenly slow SSD speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Suddenly slow SSD speed: I have a NVMe PC771 NVMe SK hynix 1tb SSD and just recently my SSD started getting read speeds of 100-200kb/s and write speeds of 100kb-200mb/s.I don't remember messing with any settings maybe I have I'm not sure but I've also been getting FPS drops in games....
  4. Install Win10 on a non-bootable NVME SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Win10 on a non-bootable NVME SSD: Hi, I want to install Win10 on a system with a NVME SSD, but the BIOS does not recognize the drive as a bootable device. I have already done this with Linux, just put the EFI Partition and the /boot mount point on the HDD and the root / and /home folder is on the NVME...
  5. Cloned SSD suddenly stopped being bootable

in Windows 10 Support
    Cloned SSD suddenly stopped being bootable: I'm trying to wrangle an 8 year old pc into a decently-usable state. Sequence of events: 1. Cloned Windows 10 Pro 64-bit from HDD to SSD. 2. Bios was being weird about letting me into the boot options, so eventually I try disconnecting the HDD. 3. Success! SSD boots into...
  6. Os suddenly gone..It say no Bootable Device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Os suddenly gone..It say no Bootable Device: I just start my laptop..When i start my laptop said no bootable device..It happen when i just update my windows 10..im scare that all my important work missing...Is there anyway to fix this..Thanks ....
  7. Windows 10 no longer bootable on SSD

Windows 10 no longer bootable on SSD: Hi So my current situation is I have two drives HDD and SSD, both with Windows 10 The issue I am having is booting from the SSD The SSD is still healthy I have not booted from this SSD for 1 year. But it is still accessible from my HDD What should I do to enable...
  8. Problems with bootable System Clone on USB-SSD

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Problems with bootable System Clone on USB-SSD: For years I tried to get a running Windows system with all installed software that is bootable from USB, it never worked. Then came Microsoft with Windows To Go, but this supports only a few special USB sticks. The mini solution I then found is WinToUSB that at least can...
  9. SSD not recognized as bootable option

SSD not recognized as bootable option: Hi, I am facing some issues with Windows installation in my new SSD. It is a Kingston A400 with 120Gb. First, I tried to make a clone from my HDD to the SSD, but it was not recognized as bootable. Then, I installed windows from a pen drive with the HDD also installed (I did...
  10. How to make SSD bootable

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make SSD bootable: I have an emachine desktop. I bought a Toshiba 1GB SSD that operates through a USB cord. My intention is to clone my emachine hard drive to the SSD portable drive and then plug it into a desktop computer and boot from the portable SSD so I have access to all my programs with...