Windows 10: SSD Takes a While to Start Up

Discus and support SSD Takes a While to Start Up in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, when I login to Windows my SSD drive (SanDisk Ultra 1TB) will sometimes not show up as accessible straight away and the whole system kind of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GizzmanSL2, Oct 1, 2020.

1. SSD Takes a While to Start Up

Hello, when I login to Windows my SSD drive (SanDisk Ultra 1TB) will sometimes not show up as accessible straight away and the whole system kind of gets stuck and when I try to open windows or folders nothing happens until the drive shows up. For example the drive is blank (as show in the picture) and I cannot open task manager, folders or any apps/programs until it shows up, then they all load up at the same time almost like it caused the whole system to lag.

The drive is not new but has been used by me for about 6 months and has been absolutely fine until my most recent re-install of Windows but the whole system worked fine before (I re-installed for a refresh). I know this is sometimes seen in external hard drives like some I own as you have to account for power saving and spin up time but this is not external but a sata drive.

I am very good with computers and always keep all my drivers and programs up to date and have done all the basic checks before asking like checked the cables and plugged it in different sata connectors on the motherboard, make sure it shows up properly in bios, my whole pc was recently re-installed (hence this new issue) so the drive has been formatted before use, checked it for errors, have installed the drivers I normally would but once it shows it works fine and loads games like normal so I am really stuck for answers.

Another small note and possibly unrelated is Uplay does not auto-load on start up and can take ages to load if I open it sometimes, I have Ubisoft games installed on the drive in question and have re-installed Uplay multiple times with no change.

PC Specs:

i9 9900k (stock no oc)

32GB Trident Z RGB 3600Mhz

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master (Latest bios: F11c)

MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X

Boot/Main drive: Samsung 960 Evo M.2 NVME 256GB

SSD: SanDisk Ultra 1TB

Windows 10 Pro (2004) (Build: 19041.508)

Many thanks and kind regards

SSD Takes a While to Start Up [​IMG]

:)

GizzmanSL2, Oct 1, 2020
  2. Kursah Win User

SSD Crucial Bx 100 - rattling/vibrating. Possible?

This has been suggested several times already, and it has been suggested you try to move the SSD, remove it, or even suspend it in your case. Will you please try one of these?

If you don't understand vibration and resonance, please refer to @dorsetknob 's post above. *Smile SSD Takes a While to Start Up :) It has been explained that something else moving/vibrating (even if you don't think they're vibrating they are...), fans, hard disk drives, and anything with a motor will cause some form of vibration at certain frequencies. This can be transfered through your case's chassis and where you mounted your SSD could be reaching a certain frequency that causes it to slightly move and rattle against the case.

We are suggesting you take action and report back..you keep asking questions from step 1...we should be on step 4 by now...that is solution.

Try what has been suggested and report back please. Otherwise all you're doing is leading this thread in an endless circle and the help will stop shortly thereafter.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Oct 1, 2020
  3. Windows 10 can not optimize HDD, says it is a SSD Help

Hi Steve,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

• Does the BIOS recognizes the disk as HDD or SSD?

Suggest you to set the Optimize Drives Service to start automatically from the services window to check if that helps.

1. Open the run window, type ‘services.msc’ and press Enter.
    2. Search for Optimize Drives Service and select the start-up type as automatic. Also ensure to start the service.

If you have set SATA controller to AHCI mode for Solid State Drive, in Device Manager it would show as SATA hard disk.

Follow these steps:

1. Click start, type “Defragment” and click “Defragment and Optimize your drives”.
    2. On the “Defragment and Optimize your drives” window. Make sure that your SSD is categorized as an SSD.
    3. If it’s not, then you can set it as a SSD on your bios. This way, you don’t have to exclude your SSD or disable any scheduled defragmentation.
    Disclaimer: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring
    of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Oct 1, 2020
  4. SSD Takes a While to Start Up

EVGA GTX 2xx series Reinbursement Service

XFX started it and Evga is doing the same. Evga is starting its own reinbursement program for those who bought the Evga 2xx series when they first came out. All you have to do is follow a few steps.

• Must be a new purchase from an authorized EVGA reseller. Step-ups do not qualify.
    • You have 14 days to register and upload a qualified invoice to claim your EVGA Bucks.
    • Only customers who purhased the EVGA GTX 280 or GTX 260 at the full Manufactured Suggested Reatil Price (MSRP) will qualify for the Reimbursement Program.
    • If between June 16th and July 7th you purchased an:
    • EVGA GTX 260 you will receive $75.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $60.00 Cash Back
    • EVGA GTX 280 you will receive $150.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $125.00 Cash Back
    The only thing this doesn't cover is the Step-up program. I'm fine with that because I got the price cut anyway. I just hope to get the card by this weekend if not early next week. I have a itch to bench. *Rockout :rockout:

Source: EVGA

Cold Storm, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

SSD Takes a While to Start Up

1. SSD Takes a While to Start Up - Similar Threads - SSD Takes While

2. Ssd take long time to start up 30 min

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ssd take long time to start up 30 min: Hello A month ago I installed ssd After installing Windows updates, and after two days, it suddenly became very slow and took half an hour to start. I tried all the methods on the Internet and YouTube. I checked the health of ssd and files but there is no error please help...
  3. Ssd take long time to start up 30 min

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ssd take long time to start up 30 min: Hello A month ago I installed ssd After installing Windows updates, and after two days, it suddenly became very slow and took half an hour to start. I tried all the methods on the Internet and YouTube. I checked the health of ssd and files but there is no error please help...
  4. Ssd take long time to start up 30 min

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. What is causing my windows to take a while to start up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is causing my windows to take a while to start up?: Whenever I turn on my pc all I see is a black screen for a couple of minutes and then I'm presented with my login screen and it used not to take as long. I have a Samsung 970 m.2 SSD and 16 gigs of 3600 mhz ram as well as a 3700x....
  6. What is causing my windows to take a while to start up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is causing my windows to take a while to start up?: Whenever I turn on my pc all I see is a black screen for a couple of minutes and then I'm presented with my login screen and it used not to take as long. I have a Samsung 970 m.2 SSD and 16 gigs of 3600 mhz ram as well as a 3700x....
  7. What is causing my windows to take a while to start up?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  8. SSD Takes a While to Start Up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD Takes a While to Start Up: Hello, when I login to Windows my SSD drive SanDisk Ultra 1TB will sometimes not show up as accessible straight away and the whole system kind of gets stuck and when I try to open windows or folders nothing happens until the drive shows up. For example the drive is blank as...
  9. WiFi takes a while to turn on after start up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi takes a while to turn on after start up: I left my laptop at home and came back after a week from a business trip. I turned it on and noticed my WiFi was not on. I had to wait for a good 3-5 minutes for it to even pop out as an option when you click Internet Access at taskbar. To give an idea here's a picture of...
  10. BSoD while starting up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD while starting up: I turned my computer on as I do every morning today but this time I got a BSoD out of the blue. I didn't get a chance to read it, so I'm not sure what the cause of it was. Computer was running fine all day yesterday and I did not install anything new. As a side note,...