Windows 10: SSD toast ??

Discus and support SSD toast ?? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Once upon a time my old HD was successfuly cloned to new Samsung SSD 860 EVO. All was well until i tried to "image" the SSD to external HD for backup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bewildered, Apr 24, 2019.

1. SSD toast ??

Once upon a time my old HD was successfuly cloned to new Samsung SSD 860 EVO. All was well until i tried to "image" the SSD to external HD for backup using USB cable - it failed apparently due to bad sector(s). Running CHKDSK to fix bad sectors was a DISASTER resulting in possibly toasted SSD. The MS "repair" pgm was run from CD with resulting SSD contents (files & fldrs) appearing to be normal (to my untrained eye) but booting from it is not possible. So the original HD was re-installed and appears to be running well except that CHKDSK cannot fix errs found on old HD since "hash totals do not agree" according to CBS.LOG (in preparation for re-cloning HD to SSD it seemed wise to first chk status of HD). So now: (1) the original HD still runs well but cannot be used as source for cloning to SSD and also cannot be fixed using CHKDSK (2) the SSD which was the target for previous successful HD clone is now unusable even 'tho files & fldrs on SSD appear to be normal. There is no Win 10 install CD avail. Shd CBS.log be sent to MS for analysis ?? Any other suggestions for successful SSD cloning ?? Thanx.

Bob *Mad

ps: Win 10 bild 1809 is installed.

:)

Bewildered, Apr 24, 2019

2. Toasts

Hello ANDREWSEARS,

Thank you for posting on the forum.

Unfortunately, turning off message notification toast is not yet available on Windows Phone 8. This feature has already been suggested on the Windows Phone users voice website.

You vote for that feature by clicking on the following link :

http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/f...ns/2285132-turning-off-sms-notification-toast

Regards,

Ousmane C., Apr 24, 2019
  3. Kursah Win User
    SSD Crucial Bx 100 - rattling/vibrating. Possible?

This has been suggested several times already, and it has been suggested you try to move the SSD, remove it, or even suspend it in your case. Will you please try one of these?

If you don't understand vibration and resonance, please refer to @dorsetknob 's post above. *Smile SSD toast ?? :) It has been explained that something else moving/vibrating (even if you don't think they're vibrating they are...), fans, hard disk drives, and anything with a motor will cause some form of vibration at certain frequencies. This can be transfered through your case's chassis and where you mounted your SSD could be reaching a certain frequency that causes it to slightly move and rattle against the case.

We are suggesting you take action and report back..you keep asking questions from step 1...we should be on step 4 by now...that is solution.

Try what has been suggested and report back please. Otherwise all you're doing is leading this thread in an endless circle and the help will stop shortly thereafter.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Apr 24, 2019
  4. chami2200 Win User

SSD toast ??

chami2200, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

SSD toast ??

1. SSD toast ?? - Similar Threads - SSD toast

2. PC unable to boot due to SSD W11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC unable to boot due to SSD W11: PC had completely frozen so I restarted it, then during boot up says,[Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key]So I open BIOS and there seems to be no issue so I google the problem and end up creating a Recovery drive...
  3. PC unable to boot due to SSD W11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC unable to boot due to SSD W11: PC had completely frozen so I restarted it, then during boot up says,[Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key]So I open BIOS and there seems to be no issue so I google the problem and end up creating a Recovery drive...
  4. How to run OS from SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to run OS from SSD?: The issue I have is that my operating system is on my C hard drive, while the EFI that boots my computer is on my SSD. My goal is just to move everything to the SSD so it boots the operating system from there I just want to speed up my computer. But, I can't simply migrate...
  5. How to run OS from SSD?

How to run OS from SSD?: The issue I have is that my operating system is on my C hard drive, while the EFI that boots my computer is on my SSD. My goal is just to move everything to the SSD so it boots the operating system from there I just want to speed up my computer. But, I can't simply migrate...
  6. Windows ssd to Mac

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows ssd to Mac: Hi, I'm Justin and have a stressful problem.Recently my old laptop was broken which was operating in Windows and to save my data I took ssd m.2 nvme out of it. And what I want to do now is to transfer all my data to my new Mac so I'm thinking about buying an external case for...
  7. Windows ssd to Mac

Windows ssd to Mac: Hi, I'm Justin and have a stressful problem.Recently my old laptop was broken which was operating in Windows and to save my data I took ssd m.2 nvme out of it. And what I want to do now is to transfer all my data to my new Mac so I'm thinking about buying an external case for...
  8. Cannot format SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot format SSD: I'm running Windows 11. Have two SSD's; one 'Windows 11 Home' C:/, the other 'Windows 11 Image' D:/ i.e. a backup, done monthly in case anything goes wrong.I used to rum Acronis 12 bur for some reason this stopped working. Then used Macrium Reflect Free Edition and that...
  9. Cannot format SSD

Cannot format SSD: I'm running Windows 11. Have two SSD's; one 'Windows 11 Home' C:/, the other 'Windows 11 Image' D:/ i.e. a backup, done monthly in case anything goes wrong.I used to rum Acronis 12 bur for some reason this stopped working. Then used Macrium Reflect Free Edition and that...
  10. Windows 11 Freezes with a new computer Same C Drive SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Freezes with a new computer Same C Drive SSD: Hi there, I was having computer freezes on my previous Windows 11 computer, so I upgraded everything except for the C Drive SSD and Video Card NVIDIA 4090. What is weird is that I can play some games and use windows at times with no issues but some instances it freezes...