Windows 10: SSD transfer between Windwos 10 laptops

Discus and support SSD transfer between Windwos 10 laptops in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I have a laptop, with Windows10 installed on a 128GB SSD. I also had a 1TB HDD on the laptop which failed after a few years. I bought a SATA3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GolfAlpha, Dec 16, 2018.

1. GolfAlpha Win User

SSD transfer between Windwos 10 laptops

Hello

I have a laptop, with Windows10 installed on a 128GB SSD. I also had a 1TB HDD on the laptop which failed after a few years. I bought a SATA3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD, (512GB) as a replacement. I only store files, pictures, videos etc on it, no programes at all. I used the windows partition manager to create a single drive for the 512GB SSD to use.

Now I plan to buy a new laptop with Windows10 pre-installed. I plan to put that 512GB SSD into the new laptop. Will I be able to access my pictures and videos on the SSD on the new laptop, (just like a pendrive) or do I need to make a copy of everything and re-copy them once the SSD is inside the new laptop?

:)

GolfAlpha, Dec 16, 2018

2. USB Transfer to Laptop

Hello Judy,

I suggest you to copy all the files to a flash drive from the laptop.
    You may create a new folder on your desktop and name that folder as per your choice.

• Perform the steps to transfer the files from laptop to desktop.

• Plug in the flash drive and wait for it to get detected.

• Now, open the flash drive and Right Click on the files that you want to transfer and select “Copy”.

• Now, open the folder on desktop and Right Click on an empty space in the folder and select “Paste”.

• Similarly, you can transfer all other files.
    As per the file size you can also use an external drive instead of a flash drive and transfer the data.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Dec 16, 2018
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Dec 16, 2018
  4. Kursah Win User

SSD Crucial Bx 100 - rattling/vibrating. Possible?

This has been suggested several times already, and it has been suggested you try to move the SSD, remove it, or even suspend it in your case. Will you please try one of these?

If you don't understand vibration and resonance, please refer to @dorsetknob 's post above. *Smile SSD transfer between Windwos 10 laptops :) It has been explained that something else moving/vibrating (even if you don't think they're vibrating they are...), fans, hard disk drives, and anything with a motor will cause some form of vibration at certain frequencies. This can be transfered through your case's chassis and where you mounted your SSD could be reaching a certain frequency that causes it to slightly move and rattle against the case.

We are suggesting you take action and report back..you keep asking questions from step 1...we should be on step 4 by now...that is solution.

Try what has been suggested and report back please. Otherwise all you're doing is leading this thread in an endless circle and the help will stop shortly thereafter.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Dec 16, 2018
Thema:

1. SSD transfer between Windwos 10 laptops - Similar Threads - SSD transfer between

2. Win 10 file transfer hanging up between laptops

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 file transfer hanging up between laptops: I am trying to copy all the files from one laptop to another one with copy and paste over a network. It keeps hanging up saying the file is already present. I check the box to "do this for all files" and skip, but it keeps hanging up.Any other suggestions to transfer the...
  3. Win 10 file transfer hanging up between laptops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 file transfer hanging up between laptops: I am trying to copy all the files from one laptop to another one with copy and paste over a network. It keeps hanging up saying the file is already present. I check the box to "do this for all files" and skip, but it keeps hanging up.Any other suggestions to transfer the...
  4. Win 10 file transfer hanging up between laptops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Transferring Windows 11 from SSD to SSD on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring Windows 11 from SSD to SSD on laptop: Hi,So...I have a question.Four months ago, I bought a laptop MSI stealth G77, it was delivered with windows 11 already installed so I'm thinking an OEM version of it.I quickly ran out of spaceon the 1To ssd with all my games and programs. So I bought an extra SSD of 2To to...
  6. data transfer between old/new laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    data transfer between old/new laptop: looking for a solution to transfer data between laptops on a budget that wont take days (we are talking less than a tb of data but many images/videos), l would have used Reflect which seemed quite quick but l dont have two licences as it seems to only be a licenced feature....
  7. Game purchase not transferring between laptops.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game purchase not transferring between laptops.: I just recently bought Sea of Thieves on my friends laptop, but signed into my own account and we played a bit. But now when I go to my own laptop signed into my own account it shows all my recent activity but when I try to play it says that I have to buy it again! Also when...
  8. Transferring SSD from laptop to desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transferring SSD from laptop to desktop: I have a laptop with a 2.5 inch 128gb SSD. This SSD has windows 10 on it along with a number of other programs, files, etc. I would like to take the SSD out of my laptop and install it in my desktop, which already has its own SSD in it with windows 10 installed. So my...
  9. Windows transfer between SSD's

Windows transfer between SSD's: Hello so I recently build a new pc because my old one wasn't doing the job no more, so I replaced basically everything except the tower and my hard drives. I have a 256GB Samsung SSD, an old 232GB HDD, and a laptop drive with 500GB. my OS (Windows 10) is installed to my...
  10. Transfer SSD to new laptop

Transfer SSD to new laptop: My laptop is on its last legs and needs replacing. But it has a good SSD with Windows 10 and lots of data on it which I want to keep. Can I buy a new laptop with no HDD or OS and transfer my existing SSD complete with OS straight into it? Am I allowed to transfer my existing...