Windows 10: SSD trim after 2004 Update question

Discus and support SSD trim after 2004 Update question in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I read that the bug had been sorted out where Windows 10 automatically trims SSD's on version 2004 and doesnt remember it was done so informs you that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by sportsfan148, Oct 7, 2020.

1. SSD trim after 2004 Update question

I read that the bug had been sorted out where Windows 10 automatically trims SSD's on version 2004 and doesnt remember it was done so informs you that it needs to be done again.
    I checked in event Viewer and can see that on October 1st my SSD was successfully trimmed but it also shows that it was Defragged at the same time...is that normal? I thought defragging of SSD's is supposed to be not recommended?
    It correctly shows 6 days since the last retrim under drive optimisation so the trim is being remembered correctly

:)

sportsfan148, Oct 7, 2020

2. SSD Trim Status Says "Never Run" after a reboot

I have the same issue , running 2004 on a laptop with NVME SSD (Samsung) and a Lenovo Laptop with SATA SSD (Crucial). Both laptops, once run trim, after reboot, status goes back to needs optimization, never trimmed.

This is however not listed on Official page for Windows 2004 Known Issues, wonder why?

SalarAmiri, Oct 7, 2020
  3. SSD cannot be trimmed after Windows Anniversary Update.

After Windows Anniversary Update I cannot Trim my 2 SSD's

Can anybody help or suggest what to do?

Thank you.

jaburmester, Oct 7, 2020
  4. SSD trim after 2004 Update question

TRIM for SSD drive

I have a new Dell desktop PC with WIN 10. It has a hard drive (DSSD trim after 2004 Update question :) and a SSD (CSSD trim after 2004 Update question :). In the past I have always defragged my hard drive but I understand that I should not optimize/defrag the SSD - that WIN 10 by default uses TRIM to optimize the SSD. I read
    that TRIM is set as a default in WIN 10 and that it optimizes the SSD once a week. But when I look at the properties for the SSD drive, it shows that it has not been optimized for 14 days.

1. How do I know that TRIM is working?

2. If it isn't set as a default, how to I change that?

Thanks.

M Walsh

MarianWalsh, Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

SSD trim after 2004 Update question

1. SSD trim after 2004 Update question - Similar Threads - SSD trim 2004

2. SSD No trim Supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD No trim Supported: In above Image SSD drive Shows Trim Not supported. but my SSD drive supports Trim.can i perceive that My ssd Drive is not trimmed by Operating system or Storage controller....
  3. ssd trim problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ssd trim problem: Hello I have 2 ssd drives micron and lexar and after windows 10 1709 version to latest version of windows 10 and windows 11 I'm having trim not enabled issue, hdd sentinel software says that trim is supported but disabled and I have tried many ways and software's but I just...
  4. New SSD User Trim question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    New SSD User Trim question: Hi, So finally I made an upgrade to an SSD for use in my boot drive. a 240GB one specifically. I made a fresh install of Windows 10 last week ago in this SSD, went to confirm if TRIM is enabled then confirmed it is on. Now, I went to disk defrag and saw this: Do I click...
  5. 2004 Update Questions

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    2004 Update Questions: I keep failing the 2004 update on the 2nd boot at 75%. If I try an upgrade, after checking to see if the hardware is compatible and that there is enough drive space it immediately starts verifying the download, instead of downloading a new copy. I tried it from a bootable...
  6. Windows 10 ver 2004 SSD trim/defrag glitch

Windows 10 ver 2004 SSD trim/defrag glitch: OS: Windows 10 v2004 According to this video on youtube, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffHIY6pOJUk, Microsoft has screwed up the defrag function in the latest update. What I found on my 4 Windows 10 PCs (all updated to Ver 2004) is that PCs with a combination of SSDs and...
  7. how often should my ssd be optimized with trim questions on trim

how often should my ssd be optimized with trim questions on trim: how often should my ssd be optimized with trim I have a ssd and a 2nd standard 7200 rpm hd. Now I defrag the hhd but and optimize the ssd. will this optimization with trim hurt the ssd How different is optimization with trim on ssd vs defrag the 7200 hd 142372
  8. ssd trim

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ssd trim: NTFS DisableDeleteNotify = 0 (Disabled) I have read articles and none show this so does this mean my trim is enabled or disabled? I think the 0 means it is enabled but it says disabled at the end. 134705
  9. Cannot Trim SSD's after Windows 10 Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot Trim SSD's after Windows 10 Anniversary Update: After update to Windows 10 Anniversary Update I cannot Trim SSD's. SSD's not recognised. I tried running "winsat formal" from an elevated (admin) command with no success. Any suggestions? 61792
  10. SSD Trim Question

SSD Trim Question: Hi There Wondering if SSD Trim does it autoly with Windows Maintenance task? or if I should run that manually weekly, I set in the SSD dashboard, Enable Trim, Weekly for the schedule, but not sure if it ran, states under it last run none. Very very new to SSD drives, first...