Windows 10: ssd trim

Discus and support ssd trim in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; NTFS DisableDeleteNotify = 0 (Disabled) I have read articles and none show this so does this mean my trim is enabled or disabled? I think the 0 means... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by maranna, Jun 13, 2019.

1. maranna Win User

ssd trim

NTFS DisableDeleteNotify = 0 (Disabled)

I have read articles and none show this so does this mean my trim is enabled or disabled?
    I think the 0 means it is enabled but it says disabled at the end.

:)

maranna, Jun 13, 2019

2. Windows does not Trim SSD on schedule

Optimization for HDD is only defragmentation, optimization for SSD may be TRIMming or defragmentation if SSD is too fragmented.

One may say TRIM is OS dependent because there must be someone to send SSD information about file deleting. So, e.g. Windows XP does not support TRIM and one have to install additional programs for TRIM functionality.

Garbage collection is SSD internal mechanism, it works much better if SSD gets TRIM information.

To determine does TRIM works or no there are some third party programs. But please note, even if SSD have got TRIM information this does nor mean it will use it immediately. It may delay it for sometime even for day or more if it have a lot to do due to garbage
    collection.

Igor Leyko, Jun 13, 2019
  3. SSD cannot be trimmed after Windows Anniversary Update.

After Windows Anniversary Update I cannot Trim my 2 SSD's

Can anybody help or suggest what to do?

Thank you.

jaburmester, Jun 13, 2019
  4. S_and_S Win User

ssd trim

WIN10 TRIM for SSDs

In Windows 10, the TRIM command is executed whenever Windows 'optimizes' the SSD. No need to do this on your own.

S_and_S, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

ssd trim

1. ssd trim - Similar Threads - ssd trim

2. Need CMD command to trim SSD!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Need CMD command to trim SSD!: Hello. Can someone give me a command I have to execute in order to trim my SSD? Thank you in advance! 172035
  3. Need CMD command to trim SSD!

in Windows 10 Support
    Need CMD command to trim SSD!: Hello. Can someone give me a command I have to execute in order to trim my SSD? Thank you in advance! 172035
  4. Need help with SSD and TRIM

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help with SSD and TRIM: I've read this tutorial here: Enable or Disable TRIM Support for Solid State Drives in Windows 10 | Tutorials. After checking my SSD according to the tutorial, I had this: [img] Yesterday I installed O&O Defrag Professional Edition 23, which I got from a giveaway...
  5. Is there an easy way in Windows 10 to re-TRIM empty space on an SSD?

Is there an easy way in Windows 10 to re-TRIM empty space on an SSD?: Okay, so maybe it's not the best topic title, but I'll try to explain. Suppose you have a customized Windows 10 installation on a hard disk and you'd like to migrate it to an SSD of the exact same size (same number of sectors on both drives; Yes, I checked, they're the...
  6. SSD Trim Windows 10

SSD Trim Windows 10: If TRIM is scheduled to run automatically weekly does your computer have to be TURNED ON for it to run? Thanks Bany.. 167625
  7. SSD trim after 2004 Update question

SSD trim after 2004 Update question: I read that the bug had been sorted out where Windows 10 automatically trims SSD's on version 2004 and doesnt remember it was done so informs you that it needs to be done again. I checked in event Viewer and can see that on October 1st my SSD was successfully trimmed but it...
  8. Windows 10 SSD auto trim status

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 SSD auto trim status: Greetings, This is the output I get about the auto trim status om my PC : C:\WINDOWS\system32>fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify NTFS DisableDeleteNotify = 0 Disabled ReFS DisableDeleteNotify = 0 Disabled All documentation , including at Microsoft, explains...
  9. Full-disk encryption of an SSD with Bitlocker. Over-provisioning? Does TRIM work?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Full-disk encryption of an SSD with Bitlocker. Over-provisioning? Does TRIM work?: Hello everybody, I wonder if it is advisable in the case of a complete encryption of an SSD using Bitlocker, to create an unencrypted partition in the size of x percent to give the controller free space in addition to the factory over-provisioning for maintenance tasks like...
  10. Turning OFF scheduled defrag TRIM on ssd drive stopped continual fan noise

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turning OFF scheduled defrag TRIM on ssd drive stopped continual fan noise: There have been problems reported with the latest WIN 10 upgrade that apparently send the auto-TRIM defrag into daily activity. This may have been the problem causing the fan on my Toshiba laptop to kick in and run continuously. But it stopped after I disabled the scheduled...