Windows 10: SSD turned to RAW format after blue screen

Discus and support SSD turned to RAW format after blue screen in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone, So the other day, my laptop had a blue screen I think it was Your windows insider version encountered a problem, code error: unfixable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kokobong, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Kokobong Win User

SSD turned to RAW format after blue screen

Hi everyone,
    So the other day, my laptop had a blue screen I think it was Your windows insider version encountered a problem, code error: unfixable error or something like that
    After the restart, it wouldn't boot into windows and get prompted "Please install an operating system" So after getting a bootable Windows USB, I installed it on my hard drive not the SSD cause I didn't get the choice to do so anyway, long story short, using DiskPart I was able to identify that the SSD file system became RAW, again with DiskPart and 3rd party programs, I tried to format it back to NTFS but didn't know how/didn't work.
    Same story with booting into Ubuntu and trying to wipe/format the drive.
    My theory is, somehow it is still recognized as a "valid, bootable" windows drive, correct me if I'm wrong.
    So I'm looking for a way to make my SSD usable and transfer the operating system to said SSD.

Here is a screencap of what I see in the disk manager sorry it's in french

SSD turned to RAW format after blue screen 77af6a6e-c55d-4e17-9192-7cd8f8834b03?upload=true.jpg

:)

Kokobong, Apr 28, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Save RAW drive - Don't want data

Open Admin command prompt, then type:
    1. diskpart
    2. list disk ======> Take note of disk # of the RAW drive
    3. select disk # ======> is the number in step 2
    4. clean
    5. exit
    Open Disk Management and initialize it, Create Simple, format.

topgundcp, Apr 28, 2020
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Apr 28, 2020
  4. Roan T Win User

Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

1. SSD turned to RAW format after blue screen - Similar Threads - SSD turned RAW

2. Help with fixing RAW format on internal ssd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help with fixing RAW format on internal ssd: I have a msi laptop. It has 2 internal drives. A 500gb ssd drive and a 1tb had. The computer came with windows and the extra stuff it comes with all loaded on the ssd drive and it was functioning as the main drive, however, I let someone borrow the computer and their kid...
  3. Help with fixing RAW format on internal ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with fixing RAW format on internal ssd: I have a msi laptop. It has 2 internal drives. A 500gb ssd drive and a 1tb had. The computer came with windows and the extra stuff it comes with all loaded on the ssd drive and it was functioning as the main drive, however, I let someone borrow the computer and their kid...
  4. Help with fixing RAW format on internal ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Disk Format Changed to RAW

Disk Format Changed to RAW: I have a 1 tb hard drive which had windows installed on it and had over 500gb of personal data in its user files but it became corrupted when I plugged it into another laptop and since then it wont boot in its original laptop. I have it currently in my other laptop where it...
  6. Disk Format Changed to RAW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Format Changed to RAW: I have a 1 tb hard drive which had windows installed on it and had over 500gb of personal data in its user files but it became corrupted when I plugged it into another laptop and since then it wont boot in its original laptop. I have it currently in my other laptop where it...
  7. Disk Format Changed to RAW

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. raw partition not formatting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    raw partition not formatting: i had an ransomeware attack it locked all my files . so i decided to install new window . when i tried to format or delete my hdd partition 2 the bsod appear and my partition became raw . the bsod showed kmode exception not handled plssssssss help as soonn as possible...
  9. Raw Hard disk with blue screen

Raw Hard disk with blue screen: Hey guys.. How are ya all I hope you're doing well... Lately, I have been facing a problem on my hp laptop which is running in windows 10 os. First of all, I have a 320 GB hard disk divided to 3 partitions. C partition is running fine but D and E are not. Both D...
  10. Raw formatted my external

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Raw formatted my external: Ok so I recently accidently made my external USB drive into a raw, I was wondering if I could some how get it back, I think it still has the files on it, I got it so windows finally recognizes it but all it wants to do is format it. I want to keep all the files still on it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bkuescreen ssd firmat

2. ssd raw after bsod