Windows 10: Ssd upgrade troubles

Discus and support Ssd upgrade troubles in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My laptop has a 128 GB SSD en 1 TB hdd, I bought a 512 GB SSD to replace the smaller boot drive. So to transfer the OS I made an image backup on an hdd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lmaster73, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Ssd upgrade troubles

My laptop has a 128 GB SSD en 1 TB hdd, I bought a 512 GB SSD to replace the smaller boot drive. So to transfer the OS I made an image backup on an hdd I had laying around, plugged in the new ssd en booted with the HDD with backup connected, then I told windows to recover my backup onto the the newly installed ssd. It completes the process, after it has recovered it completely it doesn't boot windows. Then I tried cloning the OS to the external HDD and then boot from that one, but that doesn't work either. I then bought an m.2 to ssd adapter, but through a mistake on the webpage it is a b&b+m key an I have an m key ssd. Is there anyway to solve this without having to buy a 55 euro m key adapter? ( The ssd was 80 euro crucial p.2, so not too excited to spend 60% procent more for a one time use cable)

submitted by /u/lmaster73
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lmaster73, Aug 13, 2020
  2. Morgoth Win User

im upgrading Ssd upgrade troubles :)

got a new job, means i get enough cash to upgrade *Big Grin Ssd upgrade troubles :D
    this is my list

CPU: Intel Xeon W5590
    GPU: SAPPHIRE HD 7970 3gb

SSD: Sandisk Solid State Drive 64GB
    PCi-e SSD: OCZ RevoDrive 3 series RVD3-FHPX4-240G PCI-E MLC Solid State Drive SSD

anny other suggestions for my system? *Big Grin Ssd upgrade troubles :D

Morgoth, Sep 5, 2020
  3. Having trouble downloading spreadsheet after a Microsoft upgrade.

Hi Joseph,

I realize that you are facing trouble downloading spreadsheet after a Microsoft upgrade and you want to uninstall the upgrade. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Are you referring to Windows Update when you say “after a Microsoft upgrade”?

If there has been any updates installed on the PC recently, then you may follow these steps to uninstall the updates:

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Programs and Features”.

• Click on “View Installed Updates”. Select the update and click on uninstall. Follow the on-screen directions to complete the process.

Once this is done restart the computer.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Sep 5, 2020
  4. swarfega Win User

Ssd upgrade troubles

preparing to upgrade

You can try following this guide. I suggest either step 4 or step 7.

swarfega, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

Ssd upgrade troubles

1. Ssd upgrade troubles - Similar Threads - Ssd upgrade troubles

2. Trouble upgrading nvme m.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble upgrading nvme m.2 SSD: HiI have a Lenovo Yoga 6 13ALC6 AMD Ryzen5 5500Uwith a 256gb nvme m.2 SSD running windows 11 home.I am wanting to swap the 256gb Toshiba SSD for a 1tb Samsung 970 Evo Plus.After initialising the drive in windows disk management I have tried using Samsungs migration tool to...
  3. Trouble upgrading nvme m.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble upgrading nvme m.2 SSD: HiI have a Lenovo Yoga 6 13ALC6 AMD Ryzen5 5500Uwith a 256gb nvme m.2 SSD running windows 11 home.I am wanting to swap the 256gb Toshiba SSD for a 1tb Samsung 970 Evo Plus.After initialising the drive in windows disk management I have tried using Samsungs migration tool to...
  4. Trouble upgrading to win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble upgrading to win11: I cannot upgrade to win11 because I am told that my machine does meet specs. I am using an AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with Radeon vega Graphics, 64bit which appears on the compatability list. I am using win10 pro and have gone through the TPM activation. What am I missing?...
  5. trouble ssd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    trouble ssd: Hello i have trouble with my SSDmy SSD after formating cannot read in device manager and in cmd, there is no volume with that disk and no information about that SSD, but in device manager storage there is the information about SSD is plug, but there is no volume, how can i do...
  6. Trouble with disk clone/HDD to SSD upgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trouble with disk clone/HDD to SSD upgrade: So, I've got an HP laptop that is only less than two years old and it was never fast. Before replacing the thing outright I thought I would try to swap out the spinning rust for an SSD and see if that helped. Here are some basic specs and details of what I've done. It's a...
  7. BIOS trouble with SSD

BIOS trouble with SSD: I am in a real struggle with my new SSD (Force MP510). No matter I what I try, it refuses to boot with OS on it. Every time I power up, it just sends me back into BIOS with exactly 0 changes. I've tried booting from USB and downloaded OS on the SSD, but it still doesn't...
  8. Trouble installing Windows to SSD

Trouble installing Windows to SSD: So, I have a 512GB SSD and a 2TB HDD. I am trying to install Windows using a bootable drive, but when I choose either of the drives and hit next (both of which are completely unallocated), I receive an error telling me that a new partition couldn’t be created nor could an...
  9. Trouble migrating OS to an SSD

Trouble migrating OS to an SSD: So, last week I got myself an SSD to use in my desktop PC. And when I try to migrate the whole OS with all my files and installed applications using Macrium. I get an error when I try to boot from the SSD, after all the copying process. And whatever I try doesn't help. Does...
  10. Trouble transplanting WIN10 SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trouble transplanting WIN10 SSD: I’m switching a Win10 SSD from my Dell E6320 to a E6330 as the old one does not work properly anymore. The new one says No bootable devices, but shows the SSD just fine in the bios. I found advice to change the SATA mode to AHCI (from RAID), did it, but the error persists....