Windows 10: SSD usage peaks at 100% and Windows freezes for a few seconds

Discus and support SSD usage peaks at 100% and Windows freezes for a few seconds in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, recently I bought a SSD (Kingston SA400S37480G) and installed Windows 10 in it. But, sometimes, the Task Manager shows a 100% usage of it, even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Gui_Moreira, Dec 12, 2018.

1. SSD usage peaks at 100% and Windows freezes for a few seconds

Hi, recently I bought a SSD (Kingston SA400S37480G) and installed Windows 10 in it. But, sometimes, the Task Manager shows a 100% usage of it, even though nothing is running or the usage is very low for it to freeze. Then, I have to wait a few seconds for Windows to come back.

It is really bothering me, because I use my PC to play online games and I get impaired for a few seconds in the middle of a match, for example, which affects my performance. I used to have Windows installed in my HDD and no freezes like these used to happen.

My drivers for the SSD are in AHCI, the BIOS is also configured to AHCI, the system event log does not contain any events with Event ID 129, and I have already ran the '' DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth'' and the ''sfc /scannow'' commands and there were no errors.

Can someone help me?

Sincerely.

:)

Gui_Moreira, Dec 12, 2018
  2. hck4 Win User

System and Compressed memory frequently runs at 100% Disk usage

I think this is the only post someone got a comment this might be caused by the antivirus.

Also other possibilities to try:

Disk usage always at 100% - [Solved] - Windows 10

Did all the suggestions, replaced my Avast-free with Avira-free antivirus, disabled superfetch and windows tips. Checked the possibility with defining the virtual memory, but it works much better when leaving it as automatically set by windows.

Just checked the results by trying to peak my memory usage (what uncovered the problem with the system and compressed memory in the first place) and this seems to work very well. If before the peak to 100% HD use and memory peak got my computer stuck for
    minutes, now i can see the peaks, but it falls back after a second or two, and the computer runs smoothly.

Hope it will help others.

(ntoskrnl.exe; System and compressed memory process; win 10; 100% HDD use; High CPU usage)

3. imKinshuk Win User
    WINDOW ISSUES- HANGING FREEZING AND 100% DISK USAGE

DID THE BASIC TROUBLESHOOTING STEPS LIKE 10 TIMES WITH THE HELP OF MICROSOFT CHAT AND PHONE SUPPORT STILL THE PROBLEM IS NOT SOLVED.

WINDOWS FREEZES UNEXPECTEDLY (NOT EVEN THE MOUSE POINTER WORKS), NO KEYS WORK ONLY FORCE RESTART REMAINS AS THE LAST RESORT WHICH LEADS TO DATA LOSS.

DATA USAGE IN TASK MANAGER IS USUALLY AT 100% EVEN WHEN NO OR LESS APPLICATIONS ARE BEING USED

imKinshuk, Dec 12, 2018
  4. Jose Est Win User

SSD usage peaks at 100% and Windows freezes for a few seconds

100% disk usage and memory usage

Hi,

100% disk usage and memory usage can be caused by a software corruption, running application running on the background and malware or virus infection.

For us to properly isolate the issue and provide an appropriate resolution, kindly answer the questions below:

• Did the issue happen after installing the Fall Creators?
    • Did you receive any error messages?
    • Can you send us the screenshot of the Task Manager showing the 100% disk usage and memory usage?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

For isolation purposes, please perform a clean boot to see if the same issue will occur. Refer to this
    article for more information on how to perform a clean boot
    in Windows.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

SSD usage peaks at 100% and Windows freezes for a few seconds

1. SSD usage peaks at 100% and Windows freezes for a few seconds - Similar Threads - SSD usage peaks

2. SSD usage at 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD usage at 100%: Lately, my pc has been slowing down, and its seemingly caused by the SSD usage going to 100%. At random the SSD usage will spike to 100%, ranging from a few seconds at a time, to a whole minute even. When its not doing that, it'll still stay relatively high, or spike to lower...
  3. SSD usage at 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD usage at 100%: Lately, my pc has been slowing down, and its seemingly caused by the SSD usage going to 100%. At random the SSD usage will spike to 100%, ranging from a few seconds at a time, to a whole minute even. When its not doing that, it'll still stay relatively high, or spike to lower...
  4. Completely random peaks of disk usage at 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Completely random peaks of disk usage at 100%: I'm having problems due to 100% disk usage by system processes. I have tried so many solutions in many places but none worked for me such as stopping antivirus processes, my PC is already up to date so no updates are running etc. Tell me a solution. Now it's getting...
  5. Completely random peaks of disk usage at 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Completely random peaks of disk usage at 100%: I'm having problems due to 100% disk usage by system processes. I have tried so many solutions in many places but none worked for me such as stopping antivirus processes, my PC is already up to date so no updates are running etc. Tell me a solution. Now it's getting...
  6. Completely random peaks of disk usage at 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. SSD freezes every now and then for a few seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    SSD freezes every now and then for a few seconds: Ever since I finished building my PC in early October, I quickly encountered the issue that my image and, most of the time, my sound too, freezes for a couple of seconds, then everything works as usual again. I researched that issue since it first happened and tried every...
  8. Windows 10 Freeze, and SSd usage spiked to 100%

Windows 10 Freeze, and SSd usage spiked to 100%: Hi, after i install a new SSD my pc randomly freeze, when i check in the task manager my ssd usage is 100% but with 0 transfer rate. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-freeze-and-ssd-usage-spiked-to-100/decd61f2-94c8-4d3a-97c2-c6392efe9f04
  9. Windows 10 Freeze, and SSd usage spiked to 100%

Windows 10 Freeze, and SSd usage spiked to 100%: Hi my name is Kelvin, after i install a new SSD my pc randomly freeze, when i check in the task manager my ssd usage is 100% but with 0 transfer rate. my pc specs is: Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1803 AMD Ryzen 1600x 8gb ram ddr4 2666mhz Gtx 1060 here's my driver: [ATTACH]...
  10. 100% SSD Usage - 20 second long freeze

100% SSD Usage - 20 second long freeze: My PC experiences 20 second freezes when running programs, watching videos and doing basic functions that aren't significantly intensive. Resmon shows that the usage of my SSD drops to zero but task manager shows 100% disk usage. I noticed that although the image freezes;...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows freeze ssd after few minute

2. kingston sa400s37480g 100% use

3. disk usage peaks to 100% and freezes