Windows 10: SSD/Windows Boot Drive running at 100% and causing Freezing

Discus and support SSD/Windows Boot Drive running at 100% and causing Freezing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So for about 2 weeks now my 2 month old gaming pc has been acting up. It constantly freezes after a couple of seconds for up to a minute. I've opened... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Cyberz_YT, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Cyberz_YT Win User

SSD/Windows Boot Drive running at 100% and causing Freezing

So for about 2 weeks now my 2 month old gaming pc has been acting up. It constantly freezes after a couple of seconds for up to a minute. I've opened task manager and seen that my Disk 1 Drive or my ssd that I have windows on (I have 1 ssd and 1 hdd) Is running at 100% for no reason with maybe 3 apps open. My HDD is at the normal 1-2% though, my CPU sometimes goes high as well to around 50% again for no reason just by using chrome or using discord. I'm extremely confused on what to do and any help would be greatly appreciated!

PC Specs...

Ryzen 3 1200

GTX 1050ti

16gb 2400 DDR4 ram

Windows 10 home 64 bit

1 120gb ssd by kingston

1 1tb HDD by WD

P.S: I've tried restarting my pc as well as deleting temp files and even going into the storage tools and clicking optimize for my drives and nothing works.

:)

Cyberz_YT, Dec 11, 2018
  2. ALuidens Win User

Windows 10 Freezes; SSD's transfer rate goes to 100%

Hi,

I am experiencing the same exact problem.

• Dell Latitude E5520
    • Windows 10 Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.953)
    • Seagate Momentus XT 500GB (Booting Drive, Disk 0, based on combination 4GB SSD and the rest is HDD).
      • The last few months it was freezing briefly (within a minute or so) and then unfreezes. All activities that do not need to access the drive can be done normally while frozen up to some point.
    • Crucial MX300 SSD 525GB Booting Drive (Disk 0), recently bought to replace the above 'aging' Seagate.
      • Freeze after a few operations and remains frozen until Power Recycled.
      • Disk Active Time spikes to 100% while Disk Transfer Rate is 0 or minimal.
      • All activities that do not need to access the drive can be done normally while frozen up to some point.
    • I have not tried replacing the Microsoft generic SATA driver yet.
    Hope the above helps pin-pointing the issues. I would greatly appreciate assistance in how to replace the SATA driver, if there is no cure from Microsoft yet.

Thank you in advance!

UPDATE:

Applied KB4015438. Same issue:

• All activities that do not need to access the drive can be done normally while frozen up to some point.

UPDATE (03/27/2017):

Applied KB4016635. Issue persists:

Replaced Microsoft Generic SATA Driver to OEM (Intel) Driver. System has been stable since 03/26/2017 15:10.

ALuidens, Dec 11, 2018
  3. Klopo Win User
    SSD f/w upgrade causing PC freeze at boot but it still working in windows.

Need help, I got Adata SU800 not detected in BIOS after I upgrade its firmware, but it appear in windows 7 and working properly.
    If the drive attached it would freeze at boot time, so I decided to turn on the SATA hotplug and plug it after entering windows.
    My motherboard is Asrock AB350 Pro4, i already try to switch on different sata port still no luck.
    I contacted the Asrock support several time but they never respond.
    I contacted ADATA support they said I can't downgrade the firmware and suggest RMA, but I got unlucky the seal is broken because friction with the PC case.
    Any workaround for this? My plan is to install Windows on the SSD.

Klopo, Dec 11, 2018
  4. SSD/Windows Boot Drive running at 100% and causing Freezing

Windows boots to the desktop then freezes

Yeah...I went to google and got the F8...lol*Stick Out Tongue SSD/Windows Boot Drive running at 100% and causing Freezing :p....thxxx

It boots up in safe mode and seems to work fine. Now I just need to figure out what's causing windows to freeze up befor it fully loads in normal start up operation.

Any suggestions where I might start ?

dieselcat18, Dec 11, 2018
Thema:

SSD/Windows Boot Drive running at 100% and causing Freezing

1. SSD/Windows Boot Drive running at 100% and causing Freezing - Similar Threads - SSD Boot Drive

2. ssd usage spiking causing freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ssd usage spiking causing freeze: my ssd usage keeps spiking to 100 percent quite randomly and it causes the screen to freeze. it happens every 10 to 15 seconds as long as im doing an activity or moving around my cursor etc. i have reinstalled windows , my disc health is at 100 percent, i have done a clean...
  3. ssd usage spiking causing freeze

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ssd usage spiking causing freeze: my ssd usage keeps spiking to 100 percent quite randomly and it causes the screen to freeze. it happens every 10 to 15 seconds as long as im doing an activity or moving around my cursor etc. i have reinstalled windows , my disc health is at 100 percent, i have done a clean...
  4. 100% disk usage on secondary drive causing freezing issurs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% disk usage on secondary drive causing freezing issurs: I have 4 storage devices being 2 hdd and 2 nvme ssds the issue is with my secondary 2tb nvme drive where it will reach 100% usage as soon as I turn on my pc and start freezing around 10 minutes after I turn it on the freezes then occur every minute or so and last around 10...
  5. 100% disk usage on secondary drive causing freezing issurs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100% disk usage on secondary drive causing freezing issurs: I have 4 storage devices being 2 hdd and 2 nvme ssds the issue is with my secondary 2tb nvme drive where it will reach 100% usage as soon as I turn on my pc and start freezing around 10 minutes after I turn it on the freezes then occur every minute or so and last around 10...
  6. Chkdsk running on every boot for ssd drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chkdsk running on every boot for ssd drive: Pc randomly restarted by itself a few nights ago and ever since chkdsk runs on every boot for my ssd drive. Wondering if this is something to be concerned about or if chkdsk is now scheduled automatically to run every time? Because there are no issues and pc seems to be...
  7. Hard drive runs at 100% after boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard drive runs at 100% after boot: 3 of us at work are having this issue - after booting our machines, the hard drive runs at 100%, effectively locking the system to unuseability. Also, it seems to be no single process, but a number of Windows processes such as: Service Host Windows Diagnostic Policy Service...
  8. Low Ram Causes SSD use 100% and Windows 10 freezes ?

Low Ram Causes SSD use 100% and Windows 10 freezes ?: My laptop Confirmation is 4 gb ram and 128 ssd . I am facing SSD 100% Usages issue and due to windows freezing Issue . is it problem causes due to low ram [ATTACH]...
  9. Windows 10 Freeze, and SSd usage spiked to 100%

Windows 10 Freeze, and SSd usage spiked to 100%: Hi my name is Kelvin, after i install a new SSD my pc randomly freeze, when i check in the task manager my ssd usage is 100% but with 0 transfer rate. my pc specs is: Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1803 AMD Ryzen 1600x 8gb ram ddr4 2666mhz Gtx 1060 here's my driver: [ATTACH]...
  10. SSD Bad sectors cause freeze!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SSD Bad sectors cause freeze!: My fault. 860 Evo, it's a sata SSD! That's better.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ssd running at 100%

2. ssd drive causing cpu loads

3. sdd reporting 100 percent usage and computer frozen

4. SSD running at 33% constantly,
  5. hitachi ssd 100% running,
  6. ssd causing pc to freeze,
  7. hard drive at 100 percent causing freezing,
  8. solid state drive running at 100%,
  9. freeze windows 100% ssd