Windows 10: ssd with unknow TBW

Discus and support ssd with unknow TBW in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The samsung 256 Gbyte ssd pm961 has an unknow TBW. but a 3 year warranty. Does this mean it' s risky if you want to use the ssd for 5 years within a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by louis14, Jan 19, 2019.

1. louis14 Win User

ssd with unknow TBW

The samsung 256 Gbyte ssd pm961 has an unknow TBW. but a 3 year warranty. Does this mean it' s risky if you want to use the ssd for 5 years within a TBW of 100?

:)

louis14, Jan 19, 2019
  2. Kursah Win User

SSD Crucial Bx 100 - rattling/vibrating. Possible?

This has been suggested several times already, and it has been suggested you try to move the SSD, remove it, or even suspend it in your case. Will you please try one of these?

If you don't understand vibration and resonance, please refer to @dorsetknob 's post above. *Smile ssd with unknow TBW :) It has been explained that something else moving/vibrating (even if you don't think they're vibrating they are...), fans, hard disk drives, and anything with a motor will cause some form of vibration at certain frequencies. This can be transfered through your case's chassis and where you mounted your SSD could be reaching a certain frequency that causes it to slightly move and rattle against the case.

We are suggesting you take action and report back..you keep asking questions from step 1...we should be on step 4 by now...that is solution.

Try what has been suggested and report back please. Otherwise all you're doing is leading this thread in an endless circle and the help will stop shortly thereafter.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Jan 19, 2019
  3. krusha03 Win User
    Crucial MX200 250 GB

Thank you for your review @W1zzard *Toast :toast:

May i suggest 2 things for future reviews of SSDs (i dont know if they have already been suggested):
    • Try to state the part number of the memory chips and their P/E cycles. I found that the ones used by crucial are micron MT29F256G08CECCBH6 but i cannot access the datasheet since it's limited to registered users and i assume you as a reviewer can get access to this information (sorry if I am wrong). While for crucial this is not necessary, a lot of other manufacturers dont declare the TBW of their SSDs and knowing the number of chips and their P/E cycles one can deduct the TBW until the remaining P/E cycles go to zero. It's a crude technique but gives a good estimate i think.
    • Have a normal 1- 2 TB 7200rpm HDD in the reviews as well so it gives people better perception of the speed up they are gonna get (since most people buying SSDs at the moment are coming from a HDD) and I for one would be really interested to see the effect of loading times on games / programs on SSD vs HDD. You could argue that I can compare the loading time of BF4 installed on my HDD to the loading times you get on the SSD for example but I would rather have a standard benchmark as comparison.
    One again thank you for the review *Smile ssd with unknow TBW :)

krusha03, Jan 19, 2019
  4. HairyFool Win User

ssd with unknow TBW

Windows 10 SSD Boot and Sleep faliure

Windows cannot stop the BIOS recognising the SSD. If at any time you can go into the BIOS and the SSD is not listed then you have an (intermittent) hardware fault. It does not matter what the precursor steps are if the hardware was OK it must be listed

Step 6 is categorical, you have a hardware fault. BIOS device recognition is always before drivers load so they cannot affect the process

HairyFool, Jan 19, 2019
Thema:

ssd with unknow TBW

1. ssd with unknow TBW - Similar Threads - ssd unknow TBW

2. Unknow Slow Down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unknow Slow Down: To make this simple i have a strange bug going on my laptop after a windows update where the processors slow down massively compared to before. This is not the first time this has occurred either after an update. The only why i have found to fix it was a factory reset and...
  3. Unknow Slow Down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknow Slow Down: To make this simple i have a strange bug going on my laptop after a windows update where the processors slow down massively compared to before. This is not the first time this has occurred either after an update. The only why i have found to fix it was a factory reset and...
  4. Unknow Slow Down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unknow files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknow files: Hey I just bought a zephryus rog 15 asus, and I saw these files just pop up. Are these safe? How can you tell if its safe? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknow-files/ebcddbc3-3905-4c9e-8047-f0272a5bccf8
  6. Unknow files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknow files: Hey I just bought a zephryus rog 15 asus, and I saw these files just pop up. Are these safe? How can you tell if its safe? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknow-files/ebcddbc3-3905-4c9e-8047-f0272a5bccf8
  7. Unknow Disk Usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unknow Disk Usage: Hi, I have a 128GB (120GB?) SSD as my C: drive and a 3TB HDD as my D: drive. I put virtually all my programs and data on the D: drive and have the SSD as a fast boot up with the essentials. Just lately, though, the SSD has been showing as nearly full: 106GB out of the max...
  8. program unknow

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    program unknow: what is program "afraid provide research " and how I can delete it Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-unknow/9763c442-2fd8-4b78-b2c5-2f5b772c3b5a"
  9. Unknow icon on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unknow icon on desktop: There is an unknown icon in the upper left corner of my Windows 10 desktop. It looks kind of like a hand. Right clicking on it, does not do anything. I cannot drag it either. Left clicking does nothing. I have attached a screen shot showing it. [ATTACH]...
  10. Unknow Publisher Warning

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Unknow Publisher Warning: I downloaded and opened updated drivers and software for new printer, but then my comp asks me if I will allow this app to make changes to my computer....publisher unknown. I am hesitant to allow this, but I got the download from Brother website. Any advice please. 72718

Users found this page by searching for:

1. program to show ssd tbw