Windows 10: SSD with windows comes up with auto repair loop but the disk is good

Discus and support SSD with windows comes up with auto repair loop but the disk is good in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi; I posted yesterday about a Windows automatic repair loop but didn't receive any answers so went ahead and reinstalled windows. I could not find a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RealZeal, May 29, 2020.

1. RealZeal Win User

SSD with windows comes up with auto repair loop but the disk is good

Hi;
    I posted yesterday about a Windows automatic repair loop but didn't receive any answers so went ahead and reinstalled windows. I could not find a fix, even trying the reg edit and making a windows repair disk didn't help. Everything just went back to the automatic repair loop.
    The new install works fine. I then connected the SSD that has the automatic repair problem and all my info and files are there and accessible. I the tried to boot from the original install and surprise, surprise still auto repair loop.

My first question is, can I save that windows install and use it again?
    Second question is does anyone know why the disk is fine but the windows install is cactus?

Windows version 10.0 10240

Cheers

:)

RealZeal, May 29, 2020
  2. VBH226 Win User

Windows 10 Auto Repair Loop

Help:

My PC started into an "Auto Repair loop" where I can't get it to stop or allow me to even get to a position for safe mode. I upgraded to Window 10 making the ISO Disk suggested and recorded my product key for potential future use. When I boot from the disk,
    the product key doesn't work... an error code saying it's not the correct code. Being computer illiterate, how do I fix the problem, or get the system to boot to actually do repairs. It was working great then boom, it rebooted itself and now for the past
    48 hours I've been trying to read what the community says to do but can't seem to get it to repair itself enough to even reload Windows 10.

PS: Any suggestions will be deeply appreciated. I in a rural area and computer tech's are not available.

VBH226, May 29, 2020
  3. Bassie B Win User
    windows 10 automatic repair infinite loop

Hi Ruth,

I have gone through both methods that you suggested and still have the same problem

Method 1: exhibited the same Auto Repair loop problem

Method 2: After running "chkdsk/f /r c"; I rebooted from the Installation Disk (USB drive) and I got the same Auto Repair - Diagnosing loop (that did not repair the problem)

What's next?

Bassie B, May 29, 2020
  4. SSD with windows comes up with auto repair loop but the disk is good

Windows 10 Auto repair loop

HI,

This was on my grandson's laptop and we successfully clean installed using an ISO I had previously downloaded as Auto. repair and system repair disk did not work. Tried disconnecting Ext. HDD's and all the other advanced suggestions in the forums. But all
    good now, however it has happened before and as I can see from the forums many other users have had this problem as well. Could be a Windows 10 update issue.

Thanks

Brian

Aquarius 2015, May 29, 2020
Thema:

SSD with windows comes up with auto repair loop but the disk is good

1. SSD with windows comes up with auto repair loop but the disk is good - Similar Threads - SSD comes auto

2. SSD with windows comes up with auto repair loop but the disk is good

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD with windows comes up with auto repair loop but the disk is good: Hi; I posted yesterday about a Windows automatic repair loop but didn't receive any answers so went ahead and reinstalled windows. I could not find a fix, even trying the reg edit and making a windows repair disk didn't help. Everything just went back to the automatic repair...
  3. Windows 10 auto repair loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 auto repair loop: Hello i have been trying to fix this issue for many days and ive read many articles on this but nothing seems to work. I need to fix this urgently. The auto repair screen comes on pc and restart fails, reset fails and startup repair fails too. Someone please help...
  4. Repairing Disk Error Loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Repairing Disk Error Loop: My computer has been doing a loop where it’ll say “Preparing Automatic Repairs” > “Diagnosing your PC” > “Repairing disk errors. This may take over an hour to complete.” Then it after a few minutes, it goes back around. Should I leave it overnight? Or should I do something...
  5. Windows - Auto repair in loop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows - Auto repair in loop: Not able to start my windows machine. Its going into automatic repair. I tried following options: 1. System restore - Could not able to select the disk 2. using command prompt - restored registry files 3. DELL USB restore option when i tried USB restore option, it found...
  6. Windows 10 auto repair loop

Windows 10 auto repair loop: Dell laptop with windows 10 stuck in automatic repair loop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-auto-repair-loop/9f5df540-bfb0-4d8b-aa7e-bca7a622c96e
  7. Stuck in Auto Repair Loop

Stuck in Auto Repair Loop: Man, I need help with this one. I was playing a game when the system unexpectedly froze, and rebooted. It got stuck half way through the reboot process, so I hit the Reset switch on the front panel. It got stuck half way through the reboot process again, so I held the...
  8. Stuck on Auto repair loop

Stuck on Auto repair loop: I’ve had my laptop for about 6 or 7 years. A Dell Inspiron 3520, It worked perfecly fine, has never given me a problem until last September(2017) I was about to shut it down and it asked me for a system update, I clicked cancel and turned it off so i would do it the next day....
  9. Windows 10 Auto Repair Loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Auto Repair Loop: Help: My PC started into an "Auto Repair loop" where I can't get it to stop or allow me to even get to a position for safe mode. I upgraded to Window 10 making the ISO Disk suggested and recorded my product key for potential future use. When I boot from the disk, the...
  10. Surface in Auto repair loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface in Auto repair loop: I know this is the wrong forum but it's about one last try to get my RT out of the Auto repair loop. Nothing works-can't get to a key board to use command prompt or refresh in any way. I have downloaded 3 different repair USB's from Microsoft and nothing even the the...