Windows 10: SSD wont show up anywhere besides bios

Discus and support SSD wont show up anywhere besides bios in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my ssd will not show up at all in windows but when i go into bios it is there. I have a mag b550 tomahawk and a gen 4 ssd by crucial and it is very new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CraytonPoteat, Jun 20, 2021.

1. SSD wont show up anywhere besides bios

my ssd will not show up at all in windows but when i go into bios it is there. I have a mag b550 tomahawk and a gen 4 ssd by crucial and it is very new

:)

CraytonPoteat, Jun 20, 2021

2. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Jun 20, 2021
  3. HairyFool Win User
    Windows 10 SSD Boot and Sleep faliure

Windows cannot stop the BIOS recognising the SSD. If at any time you can go into the BIOS and the SSD is not listed then you have an (intermittent) hardware fault. It does not matter what the precursor steps are if the hardware was OK it must be listed

Step 6 is categorical, you have a hardware fault. BIOS device recognition is always before drivers load so they cannot affect the process

HairyFool, Jun 20, 2021
  4. NateMorey Win User

SSD wont show up anywhere besides bios

Windows 10 won't detect ssd, yet BIOS and Linux can both see it.

I just got a new SSD (samsung SSD 850 EVO) and hooked it up easily enough, it shows up when I boot the computer (in BIOS) but when I try to access it, including using Disk management it is just not there.

I also booted from a linux usb and it showed up right away.

action > rescan disks also did nothing, it just wont show up and I have no idea why. I am also aware I have to look on the bottom where it shows the disk as it wont appear in the list up top, but it's not there.

any help would be greatly appreciated, I know similar questions exist but none of the responses solved my problem.

NateMorey, Jun 20, 2021
Thema:

SSD wont show up anywhere besides bios

1. SSD wont show up anywhere besides bios - Similar Threads - SSD wont show

2. ssd doesnt show up in bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ssd doesnt show up in bios: When i try to install windows it just gets in a infinite loop of asking my keyboard layout, i think it is because my ssd doesnt show up in the boot priority when im in boot mode uefi but if i go to legacy uefi it shows up but then when i try to donwload windows then it says...
  3. ssd doesnt show up in bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ssd doesnt show up in bios: When i try to install windows it just gets in a infinite loop of asking my keyboard layout, i think it is because my ssd doesnt show up in the boot priority when im in boot mode uefi but if i go to legacy uefi it shows up but then when i try to donwload windows then it says...
  4. ssd doesnt show up in bios

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Bluetooth not showing up anywhere

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth not showing up anywhere: I googled and tried a lot of different things, I even found an old post with someone having a similar issue. I tried what someone recommended for that person to try. Basically, I used to play PES with my cousin using my ps4 controllers, today I try to do that and I noticed...
  6. SSD not showing up in boot order in BIOS

SSD not showing up in boot order in BIOS: I have an SSD that I want to use as my boot drive. I recently cloned my 250GB HDD to my 240GB SSD with Macrium Reflect (I want to put the operating system on the SSD and use the HDD for storage of videos, large games, etc.) This SSD shows up in task manager, but when I go...
  7. Headset not showing up anywhere.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset not showing up anywhere.: I have recently bought a new headset and connected it in to the headphone + microphone jacks, but it doesn't show up as a device. It doesn't show up as a disabled device either, it is nowhere to be found. It still plays sound, it's just that the microphone doesn't show up...
  8. HardDrive not showing up anywhere

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HardDrive not showing up anywhere: I just installed windows onto my new ssd but my harddrive doesnt show up anywhere. ive checked the BIOS its not there and ive checked the Disc Management and its still not there please help asap...
  9. help my mp3 player wont show up anywhere ive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    help my mp3 player wont show up anywhere ive: ive tryed everythin i just cant figure it out it was working fine yesterday but now it ont show up i have not connected any new devices a https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-my-mp3-player-wont-show-up-anywhere-ive/4087c823-8e6b-4ee2-bf2b-7a9ae3cf8b3d
  10. SSD not showing up in BIOS

SSD not showing up in BIOS: Hey! Around one week ago my SSD started to troll me, and my PC started to get blue screen every day with an error code of UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION, I didn't cared about it too much, I jist restarted my PC and ignored it. But today I started to get blue screens every 30...