Windows 10: SSD won't stay Optimized Win 10 (2004)

Discus and support SSD won't stay Optimized Win 10 (2004) in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Ok, before today, after I ran Optimize on my SSD it would say, x days since Optimization. Since the upgrade to 2004, if I Optimize it reacts as it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Ghot, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Ghot Win User

SSD won't stay Optimized Win 10 (2004)

Ok, before today, after I ran Optimize on my SSD it would say, x days since Optimization.
    Since the upgrade to 2004, if I Optimize it reacts as it should for about 3-4 minutes, then says: Needs Optimization.

Partitions C:, D:, and E:, are the SSD. Brand new Samsung 860 EVO 500GB.

SSD won't stay Optimized Win 10 (2004) f6L1sw3.png

Then ran this command from a guide: fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify
    My results don't look like the results in the guide.

SSD won't stay Optimized Win 10 (2004) pk1rr8Z.png

/e Disk activity in Task Manager is less than 1%. I'm not really worried about this (I don't think), but it is definitely behaving differently than it did on Win 10 1909.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, it seems this is another 2004 issue (change) w/e. Don't see a resolution yet...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...f-0875aeb65e1a

It also seems like I got the proper response from fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify ...even though it "seems" backwards.

Enable or Disable TRIM Support for Solid State Drives in Windows 10

Who wants to go to Redmond, WA and start a protest? *Biggrin

j/k

:)

2. Bree Win User

This is a very well known bug - known that is to everyone except Microsoft, who have yet to even acknowledge it as a 'known issue'.

The bug is that Optimise forgets when it was last run, leading to the scheduled optimisation running far too often to be good for an SSD. The actual optimisation (both defrag on an HDD and Trim for an SSD) appears to function correctly, it's just remembering when last run that's faulty.

Known and Resolved issues for Windows 10 May 2020 Update version 2004 - post #376

3. Ghot Win User

Ok, before today, after I ran Optimize on my SSD it would say, x days since Optimization.
    Since the upgrade to 2004, if I Optimize it reacts as it should for about 3-4 minutes, then says: Needs Optimization.

Partitions C:, D:, and E:, are the SSD. Brand new Samsung 860 EVO 500GB.

SSD won't stay Optimized Win 10 (2004) f6L1sw3.png

Then ran this command from a guide: fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify
    My results don't look like the results in the guide.

SSD won't stay Optimized Win 10 (2004) pk1rr8Z.png

/e Disk activity in Task Manager is less than 1%. I'm not really worried about this (I don't think), but it is definitely behaving differently than it did on Win 10 1909.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, it seems this is another 2004 issue (change) w/e. Don't see a resolution yet...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...f-0875aeb65e1a

It also seems like I got the proper response from fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify ...even though it "seems" backwards.

Enable or Disable TRIM Support for Solid State Drives in Windows 10

Who wants to go to Redmond, WA and start a protest? *Biggrin

j/k

4. Ghot Win User

Thanks for that link. I guess I'll just Optimize the SSD about once a month.

Thema:

1. SSD won't stay Optimized Win 10 (2004) - Similar Threads - SSD won't stay

2. optimize ssd or not

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    optimize ssd or not: Hi, I'm reading all kind of things about obtimizing my ssd or not using Windows "Defragment and Optimize Drives". Apparently there is or was a bug with Windows wrongly degramenting the ssd. What should I do now ? Keep "Scheduled optimization" turned off for my ssds ? Or...
  3. SSD optimize

SSD optimize: I know this has been beaten to death. The answer seems to depend upon the person answering. I cannot figure out whether I should turn windows on or off and if on, for what frequency a month or a week. Thee is a lot of Google gossip that all SSDs should not be optimized then...
  4. SSD won't stay Optimized Win 10 (2004)

in Windows 10 Support
    SSD won't stay Optimized Win 10 (2004): Ok, before today, after I ran Optimize on my SSD it would say, x days since Optimization. Since the upgrade to 2004, if I Optimize it reacts as it should for about 3-4 minutes, then says: Needs Optimization. Partitions C:, D:, and E:, are the SSD. Brand new Samsung 860 EVO...
  5. SSD Optimization

in Windows 10 Customization
    SSD Optimization: I've recently had to install the 1903 Feature Update. I had delayed this by changing settings to indicate I was on a metered connection and Microsoft gave me the option to update. Eventually they must have lost patience and I no longer had the option. Previous Feature updates...
  6. SSD optimize

SSD optimize: I don't know anything about the SSD in my machine. I have Windows optimizer set for monthly as I thought we should do. Please correct me if I am wrong. Then I read the following and wonder if all this is necessary for the average user to treat the SSD properly? Things You...
  7. SSD optimize and defrag

SSD optimize and defrag: There is a place to set optimize and defrag on or off and to schedule if you wish. However, I have read that Windows does this itself in its own way. So should I turn mine off or leave it set to a month? 130044
  8. SSD Optimization help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SSD Optimization help: Hi,I have an ssd and I need to somehow make trim to work,as hard disk sentinel sees that it isn't at it's peak performance,but I have a problem I am unsure whether or not optimize drives app or whatever it is(which is windows's defragmentation app) will trim or defragmentate...
  9. Optimize SSD

Optimize SSD: Since I've installed a SSD, When I run Optimize it says never run-needs optimization. It will never run on it. Any suggestions? [img] 66691
  10. Defragmenting (Optimizing) SSD Win 10 Recovery & EFI Partitions ?

Defragmenting (Optimizing) SSD Win 10 Recovery & EFI Partitions ?: Hi I have a Sandisk 240GB SSD with Win10 installed and I have the built in defragment/optimizer task scheduled to TRIM out the OS partition of the drive on a weekly basis, however, I didn't know whether or not to have it optimize the other system partitions as well...the...