Windows 10: SSD Won't Trim Tried Many Solutions! Can Anyone Help

Discus and support SSD Won't Trim Tried Many Solutions! Can Anyone Help in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; HelloSo, have a WD Blue SATA SSD M.2 2280 in my pc and was able to trim this drive on windows 10 prior to the windows 11 free update. So, its been 6... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JayTee56, Apr 28, 2022.

1. JayTee56 Win User

SSD Won't Trim Tried Many Solutions! Can Anyone Help

HelloSo, have a WD Blue SATA SSD M.2 2280 in my pc and was able to trim this drive on windows 10 prior to the windows 11 free update. So, its been 6 months or so since I be on windows 11 everything works and runs games ect. But, the ssd in question won't trim.I can't optimize the drive in the windows GUI it says optimization unavailable. I can't run any cmd commands that force a specific ssd to trim it throws me an error below. The storage optimizer couldn't complete retrim on Games E: because: The operation requested is

:)

JayTee56, Apr 28, 2022

2. Windows does not Trim SSD on schedule

As I understand, optimization is either defrag (HD) or trim (SSD), depending on the disk type. And if I understand Trim, it does not operate independently of the O/S; garbage collection is done sporadically without assist of the O/S, but Trim must be operated
    through the O/S. And, again, if I understand, Trim and garbage collection are not the same thing. If Trim was not able to be scheduled or if Trim did not need to be scheduled, then Microsoft would not have included it in their Optimization Center for SSDs.
    But Microsoft did include it, and appears to not be running it for SSDs even when included in a schedule.

I was asking why this was so, and if there was a solution to it.

As Microsoft appears to have no solution, I will look for a third-party Trim that can be scheduled outside of the Optimization Center.

Thx. ITG

ITgreybeard, Apr 28, 2022
  3. A-Data Ships XPG SX95 and S592 SSDs with New Windows 7 TRIM Firmware

Hmm somethings a miss there, namely the fact there are only 3 features listed twice *Roll Eyes SSD Won't Trim Tried Many Solutions! Can Anyone Help :rolleyes:

InTeL-iNsIdE, Apr 28, 2022
  4. SSD Won't Trim Tried Many Solutions! Can Anyone Help

SSD cannot be trimmed after Windows Anniversary Update.

After Windows Anniversary Update I cannot Trim my 2 SSD's

Can anybody help or suggest what to do?

Thank you.

jaburmester, Apr 28, 2022
Thema:

SSD Won't Trim Tried Many Solutions! Can Anyone Help

1. SSD Won't Trim Tried Many Solutions! Can Anyone Help - Similar Threads - SSD Won't Trim

2. Can anyone help me find a solution for this error ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can anyone help me find a solution for this error ?: hello not sure if anyone knows a solution to this issue but I'm having a problem trying to launch call of duty on my battlenet. Every time I try to launch it , it completely crashes from the start I checked event viewer for the code and its a application hangout code 1002 I...
  3. Can anyone help me find a solution for this error ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can anyone help me find a solution for this error ?: hello not sure if anyone knows a solution to this issue but I'm having a problem trying to launch call of duty on my battlenet. Every time I try to launch it , it completely crashes from the start I checked event viewer for the code and its a application hangout code 1002 I...
  4. hii anyone can help with my inverted mouse pointer direction, i have try many solution from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hii anyone can help with my inverted mouse pointer direction, i have try many solution from...: Lennovo ideapad gamign 3iwin11i5nvidia RTX 3060 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hii-anyone-can-help-with-my-inverted-mouse-pointer/93ae756b-041e-47be-b68b-054489553885
  5. hii anyone can help with my inverted mouse pointer direction, i have try many solution from...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hii anyone can help with my inverted mouse pointer direction, i have try many solution from...: Lennovo ideapad gamign 3iwin11i5nvidia RTX 3060 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hii-anyone-can-help-with-my-inverted-mouse-pointer/93ae756b-041e-47be-b68b-054489553885
  6. SSD Won't Trim Tried Many Solutions! Can Anyone Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD Won't Trim Tried Many Solutions! Can Anyone Help: HelloSo, have a WD Blue SATA SSD M.2 2280 in my pc and was able to trim this drive on windows 10 prior to the windows 11 free update. So, its been 6 months or so since I be on windows 11 everything works and runs games ect. But, the ssd in question won't trim.I can't optimize...
  7. Microsoft Store won't download anything, and I've tried so many solutions! HELP!

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store won't download anything, and I've tried so many solutions! HELP!: The Xbox app was playing up, so I uninstalled it, and now the system is not even downloading anything from the Microsoft Store.I've tried using the Troubleshooter, I've tried using WSreset to reset the Store it just hung forever, I've tried Powershell command that frequently...
  8. Need help with SSD and TRIM

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help with SSD and TRIM: I've read this tutorial here: Enable or Disable TRIM Support for Solid State Drives in Windows 10 | Tutorials. After checking my SSD according to the tutorial, I had this: [img] Yesterday I installed O&O Defrag Professional Edition 23, which I got from a giveaway...
  9. ssd trim

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ssd trim: NTFS DisableDeleteNotify = 0 (Disabled) I have read articles and none show this so does this mean my trim is enabled or disabled? I think the 0 means it is enabled but it says disabled at the end. 134705
  10. Windows 10 SSD TRIM help

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 SSD TRIM help: I have been using a Samsung 850 EVO for just over 2 years as my OS drive and it transformed my pc, fast and quiet. In the last few months I noticed it is not being automatically optimized/trimmed by Windows 10 on it's weekly schedule. I am able to manually optimize it. I...