Windows 10: SSD

Discus and support SSD in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; so I want to be able to access my SSD via folder kind of like how I have 2 disks Disc 0 or C: and disk 2 or D: but for some reason disk 1 where the SSD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DaZapKing, May 4, 2021 at 7:27 PM.

1. DaZapKing Win User

SSD

so I want to be able to access my SSD via folder kind of like how I have 2 disks Disc 0 or C: and disk 2 or D: but for some reason disk 1 where the SSD is sitting doesn't have a location on the computer its just disc 1 nothing after that

:)

2. Kursah Win User

SSD Crucial Bx 100 - rattling/vibrating. Possible?

This has been suggested several times already, and it has been suggested you try to move the SSD, remove it, or even suspend it in your case. Will you please try one of these?

If you don't understand vibration and resonance, please refer to @dorsetknob 's post above. *Smile SSD :) It has been explained that something else moving/vibrating (even if you don't think they're vibrating they are...), fans, hard disk drives, and anything with a motor will cause some form of vibration at certain frequencies. This can be transfered through your case's chassis and where you mounted your SSD could be reaching a certain frequency that causes it to slightly move and rattle against the case.

We are suggesting you take action and report back..you keep asking questions from step 1...we should be on step 4 by now...that is solution.

Try what has been suggested and report back please. Otherwise all you're doing is leading this thread in an endless circle and the help will stop shortly thereafter.

*Toast :toast:

3. topgundcp Win User
    Cloning to SSD then swapping drive letters

@SamHobbs
    What you want done is very simple and can be done in short period of time. Here's my suggestion:
    There's 2 modes that Windows can be installed: UEFI and the old legacy MBR. Open Disk Management, look at the disk where your C drive is, if there's a
    1. EFI System Partition, your Windows was installed using UEFI.
    2. System Reserved partition, your Windows was installed using MBR
    Next, Connect your SSD to an available Sata port (no need to format or do anything). Download: Macrium Reflect Free . Install and run. Follow the steps below:
    1. From Macrium, click on image this disk under your C drive and save it to either an Internal or External Drive. This will create a single backup image of the whole disk containing your C drive.
    2. Again, from Macrium, click on Restore tab and select the image created from step 1, Select your SSD as the destination drive, click Next->Finish
    3. Exit Macrium. If your Windows was installed using MBR, Open disk management and make sure the SSD is marked "Active" else go to next step.
    4. Shutdown your PC. Disconnect the HD containing Windows C drive then connect your SSD to it.
    5. Reboot. Your PC should boot and the Windows should have C as the drive letter.

NOTE: The procedure above is to backup your Windows to an image file then copy it back to the SSD. This ensures proper cluster size aligment for the SSD. In addition, Macrium also perform Trimming for the SSD. This is more preferable than cloning.

4. HairyFool Win User

SSD

Windows 10 SSD Boot and Sleep faliure

Windows cannot stop the BIOS recognising the SSD. If at any time you can go into the BIOS and the SSD is not listed then you have an (intermittent) hardware fault. It does not matter what the precursor steps are if the hardware was OK it must be listed

Step 6 is categorical, you have a hardware fault. BIOS device recognition is always before drivers load so they cannot affect the process

Thema:

SSD

1. SSD - Similar Threads - SSD

2. External mSata ssd very hot.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External mSata ssd very hot.: Having tried HWiNFO64 to get temperature of external drive. = 53/54 Celsius Kingston mSata SUV500MS 480GB in aluminium enclosure via short cable to USB C/Thunderbolt socket. Machine uses AHCI. Task Manager shows ssd at gentle use but is nearly too hot to keep hand on casing....
  3. MR clone can show incorrect SSD identification info

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    MR clone can show incorrect SSD identification info: I've cloned two old SSDs to Samsung EVOs recently (on two PCs, both 20H2 Pro), and discovered that MR carries some historical identification from the disk you're cloning (DUH!). In both cases, I cloned old SSDs to brand new Samsung 870 EVO 250GB SSDs, and in both cases, on...
  4. Messed up installing Fences software, now have lost 23GB of SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Messed up installing Fences software, now have lost 23GB of SSD: Hi Everyone, while installing Stardock Fences I broke off the installation half way through, and now have lost approx 23GB of my SSD. I figured it is more of a general Win10 problem rather than specifically a Fences issue, that's why I'm posting here rather than on the...
  5. Storage shows bigger SSD than i actually have

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage shows bigger SSD than i actually have: Hi All,First time poster. I just went in to check storage on my laptop. I have a 512GB SSD but "storage" in settings shows 953GB.. I use ondrive 1TB and Google Drive 100GB. If I right click and look at the c drive properties in file explorer it shows the correct stats. Any...
  6. Repairing SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Repairing SSD: Hello everyone,Last month I updated windows on my computer and it looped for several hours. I closed it and it booted fine. I scheduled the update for several hours later. Then, the installation just failed midupdate and then no windows was detected on the drive.I tried to...
  7. Clone HDD to SSD boot failure on a Dell Inspiron 15 3567

Clone HDD to SSD boot failure on a Dell Inspiron 15 3567: Hi I have a Inspiron 15 3567 Laptop that I recently cloned a SATA hdd over to a new samsung 860 SATA SSD using Macrium Reflect. After the clone, I installed the SSD and attempted to boot. (without the HDD hooked up). Windows 10 appears like its booting, but after 35 seconds...
  8. 480gb ssd with zero size after excluding partition and formatting

480gb ssd with zero size after excluding partition and formatting: HELLO ... I MADE A BEETLE ... EXCLUDES THE SINGLE PARTITION OF THE 480GB SSD AND AFTER OTHER PROBLEMS I USED VARIOUS PROGRAMS TO TRY TO RECOVER THE DATA AND THAT WAS WORST THE SITUATION ... SO MUCH AS SSD ALONE ON PC IS NOT RECOGNIZED BY A NEW WINDOWS INSTALLATION BECAUSE ITS...
  9. Can't shrink SSD partition beyond certain size

Can't shrink SSD partition beyond certain size: I'm trying to shrink the system partition on my SSD to dual boot but it says that the available shrink space size is 16281 MB. I already forced TRIM and ran Windows Cleanup but it's still stuck there Windows 10 20H2 178250
  10. SSD Cloned but won't boot

SSD Cloned but won't boot: Greetings, I am trying to upgrade my laptop SSD into a larger size NVME. After looking up how to do that, I used Macrium Reflect to clone my old SSD into the new one. I then replaced the old SSD with the new, but it did not boot. I checked this forum here and found a common...