Windows 10: SSD

Discus and support SSD in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; so I want to be able to access my SSD via folder kind of like how I have 2 disks Disc 0 or C: and disk 2 or D: but for some reason disk 1 where the SSD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DaZapKing, May 4, 2021.

1. DaZapKing Win User

SSD

so I want to be able to access my SSD via folder kind of like how I have 2 disks Disc 0 or C: and disk 2 or D: but for some reason disk 1 where the SSD is sitting doesn't have a location on the computer its just disc 1 nothing after that

:)

DaZapKing, May 4, 2021
  2. Kursah Win User

SSD Crucial Bx 100 - rattling/vibrating. Possible?

This has been suggested several times already, and it has been suggested you try to move the SSD, remove it, or even suspend it in your case. Will you please try one of these?

If you don't understand vibration and resonance, please refer to @dorsetknob 's post above. *Smile SSD :) It has been explained that something else moving/vibrating (even if you don't think they're vibrating they are...), fans, hard disk drives, and anything with a motor will cause some form of vibration at certain frequencies. This can be transfered through your case's chassis and where you mounted your SSD could be reaching a certain frequency that causes it to slightly move and rattle against the case.

We are suggesting you take action and report back..you keep asking questions from step 1...we should be on step 4 by now...that is solution.

Try what has been suggested and report back please. Otherwise all you're doing is leading this thread in an endless circle and the help will stop shortly thereafter.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, May 4, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Cloning to SSD then swapping drive letters

@SamHobbs
    What you want done is very simple and can be done in short period of time. Here's my suggestion:
    There's 2 modes that Windows can be installed: UEFI and the old legacy MBR. Open Disk Management, look at the disk where your C drive is, if there's a
    1. EFI System Partition, your Windows was installed using UEFI.
    2. System Reserved partition, your Windows was installed using MBR
    Next, Connect your SSD to an available Sata port (no need to format or do anything). Download: Macrium Reflect Free . Install and run. Follow the steps below:
    1. From Macrium, click on image this disk under your C drive and save it to either an Internal or External Drive. This will create a single backup image of the whole disk containing your C drive.
    2. Again, from Macrium, click on Restore tab and select the image created from step 1, Select your SSD as the destination drive, click Next->Finish
    3. Exit Macrium. If your Windows was installed using MBR, Open disk management and make sure the SSD is marked "Active" else go to next step.
    4. Shutdown your PC. Disconnect the HD containing Windows C drive then connect your SSD to it.
    5. Reboot. Your PC should boot and the Windows should have C as the drive letter.

NOTE: The procedure above is to backup your Windows to an image file then copy it back to the SSD. This ensures proper cluster size aligment for the SSD. In addition, Macrium also perform Trimming for the SSD. This is more preferable than cloning.

topgundcp, May 4, 2021
  4. HairyFool Win User

SSD

Windows 10 SSD Boot and Sleep faliure

Windows cannot stop the BIOS recognising the SSD. If at any time you can go into the BIOS and the SSD is not listed then you have an (intermittent) hardware fault. It does not matter what the precursor steps are if the hardware was OK it must be listed

Step 6 is categorical, you have a hardware fault. BIOS device recognition is always before drivers load so they cannot affect the process

HairyFool, May 4, 2021
Thema:

SSD

1. SSD - Similar Threads - SSD

2. wanted to multi boot win 10/11 with NVME ssd drive on an old PC with legacy BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wanted to multi boot win 10/11 with NVME ssd drive on an old PC with legacy BIOS: I have a Dell OptiPlex 780 that I upgraded to windows 10 pro and is working fine. Now I have an NVME ssd drive in a USB enclosure that has windows 11 pro, and I wanted to boot to it from a usb port but my BIOS will not recognize the NVME external drive. Is there a way to...
  3. wanted to multi boot win 10/11 with NVME ssd drive on an old PC with legacy BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wanted to multi boot win 10/11 with NVME ssd drive on an old PC with legacy BIOS: I have a Dell OptiPlex 780 that I upgraded to windows 10 pro and is working fine. Now I have an NVME ssd drive in a USB enclosure that has windows 11 pro, and I wanted to boot to it from a usb port but my BIOS will not recognize the NVME external drive. Is there a way to...
  4. ssd error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ssd error: what happened to my ssdm.2 nvme do i need to replace it with a new one or is it fixable? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssd-error/d947cdd4-fa07-4ccf-b0cc-ed2290ad7ccf
  5. ssd error

ssd error: what happened to my ssdm.2 nvme do i need to replace it with a new one or is it fixable? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssd-error/d947cdd4-fa07-4ccf-b0cc-ed2290ad7ccf
  6. Samsung 970 EVO SSD suddenly disappears from Windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Samsung 970 EVO SSD suddenly disappears from Windows.: Specs:OS: Windows 11 Home 23H2 22631.3447CPU: Core i5-8250USSD: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe PCIe 500gb SSDHDD: Seagate ST1000LM035-1RK172After downloading some files onto the SSD, the entire disk disappeared from Windows completely. Event viewer showed Reset to device,...
  7. Samsung 970 EVO SSD suddenly disappears from Windows.

Samsung 970 EVO SSD suddenly disappears from Windows.: Specs:OS: Windows 11 Home 23H2 22631.3447CPU: Core i5-8250USSD: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe PCIe 500gb SSDHDD: Seagate ST1000LM035-1RK172After downloading some files onto the SSD, the entire disk disappeared from Windows completely. Event viewer showed Reset to device,...
  8. M.2 SSD Keep getting stuck in write protection NO way of removing this part 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    M.2 SSD Keep getting stuck in write protection NO way of removing this part 2: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssds-keep-getting-stuck-in-write-protection-with/9ff46428-e866-4970-ae88-427db8a69872?page=1 I tried everything mentioned in this thread, but nothing happened. As stated in the question, my SSD has write protection. I...
  9. M.2 SSD Keep getting stuck in write protection NO way of removing this part 2

M.2 SSD Keep getting stuck in write protection NO way of removing this part 2: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssds-keep-getting-stuck-in-write-protection-with/9ff46428-e866-4970-ae88-427db8a69872?page=1 I tried everything mentioned in this thread, but nothing happened. As stated in the question, my SSD has write protection. I...
  10. M.2 SSD Keep getting stuck in write protection NO way of removing this part 2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware