Windows 10: SSD

Discus and support SSD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My pc died .It was a Dell. I saved the SSD. Got a new Dell and got SSD to USB cable. Tried to go to old SSD and it shows up on device manager, but not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnPeek678, May 13, 2021.

1. SSD

My pc died .It was a Dell. I saved the SSD. Got a new Dell and got SSD to USB cable. Tried to go to old SSD and it shows up on device manager, but not disk manager. How do I get into old SSD???

:)

JohnPeek678, May 13, 2021
  2. Kursah Win User

SSD Crucial Bx 100 - rattling/vibrating. Possible?

This has been suggested several times already, and it has been suggested you try to move the SSD, remove it, or even suspend it in your case. Will you please try one of these?

If you don't understand vibration and resonance, please refer to @dorsetknob 's post above. *Smile SSD :) It has been explained that something else moving/vibrating (even if you don't think they're vibrating they are...), fans, hard disk drives, and anything with a motor will cause some form of vibration at certain frequencies. This can be transfered through your case's chassis and where you mounted your SSD could be reaching a certain frequency that causes it to slightly move and rattle against the case.

We are suggesting you take action and report back..you keep asking questions from step 1...we should be on step 4 by now...that is solution.

Try what has been suggested and report back please. Otherwise all you're doing is leading this thread in an endless circle and the help will stop shortly thereafter.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, May 13, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Cloning to SSD then swapping drive letters

@SamHobbs
    What you want done is very simple and can be done in short period of time. Here's my suggestion:
    There's 2 modes that Windows can be installed: UEFI and the old legacy MBR. Open Disk Management, look at the disk where your C drive is, if there's a
    1. EFI System Partition, your Windows was installed using UEFI.
    2. System Reserved partition, your Windows was installed using MBR
    Next, Connect your SSD to an available Sata port (no need to format or do anything). Download: Macrium Reflect Free . Install and run. Follow the steps below:
    1. From Macrium, click on image this disk under your C drive and save it to either an Internal or External Drive. This will create a single backup image of the whole disk containing your C drive.
    2. Again, from Macrium, click on Restore tab and select the image created from step 1, Select your SSD as the destination drive, click Next->Finish
    3. Exit Macrium. If your Windows was installed using MBR, Open disk management and make sure the SSD is marked "Active" else go to next step.
    4. Shutdown your PC. Disconnect the HD containing Windows C drive then connect your SSD to it.
    5. Reboot. Your PC should boot and the Windows should have C as the drive letter.

NOTE: The procedure above is to backup your Windows to an image file then copy it back to the SSD. This ensures proper cluster size aligment for the SSD. In addition, Macrium also perform Trimming for the SSD. This is more preferable than cloning.

topgundcp, May 13, 2021
  4. HairyFool Win User

SSD

Windows 10 SSD Boot and Sleep faliure

Windows cannot stop the BIOS recognising the SSD. If at any time you can go into the BIOS and the SSD is not listed then you have an (intermittent) hardware fault. It does not matter what the precursor steps are if the hardware was OK it must be listed

Step 6 is categorical, you have a hardware fault. BIOS device recognition is always before drivers load so they cannot affect the process

HairyFool, May 13, 2021
Thema:

SSD

1. SSD - Similar Threads - SSD

2. Install Windows on SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Windows on SSD: I am attempting to put a fresh install of Windows onto an SSD I recently acquired, however when booting the system with the USB that contains the windows creation media. It takes me to the windows automatic repair screen.Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?...
  3. My screen suddenly shows rectangular set of pixels, the SSD/HDD lights are off, and I can't...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My screen suddenly shows rectangular set of pixels, the SSD/HDD lights are off, and I can't...: I don't know what is happening. It suddenly turns like that. Is that a processor problem? I noticed that the light indicator for my HDD/SDD is off whenever it happens. Can't use a keyboard, can't move the cursor. It can't be fixed if I will not force shutdown it by holding...
  4. Window clone HDD To SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Window clone HDD To SSD: Hello firstly window runs on HDD after I did clone the window HDD to SSD he has done it successfully but the EFI system partition can't migrate to SSD. I want to run a complete window partition on SSD 250GB. Activated os windows10 Thank you...
  5. ssd and pc not booting with the new one.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ssd and pc not booting with the new one.: so i brought a new samsung 270 nvme m.2 ssd, i placed it in and it doesnt allow me to boot up. i have tried making it priority in biot but just doesnt boot up . howver if i switch to my old ssd it works. i want to use the new one but it dont let me boot up. what should i do?...
  6. SSD Drive C keeps filling up while playing games on Origin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSD Drive C keeps filling up while playing games on Origin: I have my games and origin installed on my 1TB HDD Drive D. However, whenever I play games, eg. Apex on Origin, My 256GB SSD Drive C with 17GB free space keeps filling up and sometimes it goes up till it only have 200MB free space which eventually close the game in the middle...
  7. Samsung Magician detects AHCI mode deactivated in my SSD boot drive

Samsung Magician detects AHCI mode deactivated in my SSD boot drive: AHCI mode is actually activated in the UEFI, and I also tried changing some numbers via regedit, but that didn't seem to help.I read online that magician has a bug and sometimes doesn't read AHCI correctly, and also that you can detect if it works correctly via device manager...
  8. understanding reading and writing on SSD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    understanding reading and writing on SSD: Good day. I was wondering if someone could answer the following. Whenever I copy from my C partition on an SSD and paste into a different storage device (HDD, USB flash drive, RAMdisk), am I reading and / or writing on the original SSD? More generally, what actions constitute...
  9. Installing windows in new SSD drive and moving old HDD in place of optical drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing windows in new SSD drive and moving old HDD in place of optical drive: In my laptop Lenevo ideapad 320 14ikb, there is a 2.5 inch 1tb HDD. But it doesn't have any SSD slot. So, I decided to install a sata SSD in place of HDD and move the HDD in the CD/DVD drive using a caddy. Now, I want to setup new clean windows in the SSD No cloning. Most...
  10. Windows 10 booting from different SSD than what it's installed on.

Windows 10 booting from different SSD than what it's installed on.: I've been trying to troubleshoot this for months now and have hit a brick wall.A few months ago my windowsexplorer.exe crashed forcing me to restart. The thing is it took over 30 minutes for it to get back to windows but it was pretty much after that, a few weeks later though...