Windows 10: SSD's space being taken up for no reason

Discus and support SSD's space being taken up for no reason in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having a problem. Every day, my SSD fills up with 3 or more GB when I haven't even installed anything in ages; the only thing I'm doing is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IsaLavelle, Sep 14, 2019.

1. SSD's space being taken up for no reason

Hi, I'm having a problem. Every day, my SSD fills up with 3 or more GB when I haven't even installed anything in ages; the only thing I'm doing is updating steam games which aren't even on my C drive, they are on my D drive.<br />For example, yesterday I had 360GB free, but today I have 357 GB free. And before that I had 365GB free. <br /><br />Can anyone help me figure out what's continually growing in size and taking up my space? Thanks SSD's space being taken up for no reason :)

:)

IsaLavelle, Sep 14, 2019

2. SSD's space being taken up for no reason

Alright. Thank you SSD's space being taken up for no reason :) My user folder is a little bigger than normal because I have 11.0 GB of mods on there for a game, but otherwise it is pretty big compared to other people's. I will report back once I notice more space being taken up.

IsaLavelle, Sep 25, 2019
  3. SSD's space being taken up for no reason

Hi, I'm having a problem. Every day, my SSD fills up with 3 or more GB when I haven't even installed anything in ages; the only thing I'm doing is updating steam games which aren't even on my C drive, they are on my D drive.<br />For example, yesterday
    I had 360GB free, but today I have 357 GB free. And before that I had 365GB free. <br /><br />Can anyone help me figure out what's continually growing in size and taking up my space? Thanks SSD's space being taken up for no reason :)

IsaLavelle, Sep 25, 2019
  4. S-and-S Win User

SSD's space being taken up for no reason

Being custom-built doesn't make a computer immune from membership in a botnet. Your computer is joined to a botnet when an attacker from the internet successfully attacks your computer.

Botnets are common things on the internet, and they can include hundreds or thousands of computers. The botnet owner typically rents out the botnet to whomever needs it, for a few hours or a few days at a time.

To check: The next time you see your computer start to fill with data, remove it from the internet and also from your own network. That means disconnect Ethernet cables and disable or physically remove (if possible) WiFi adapters, so your computer is completely
    standalone. Run that way for a while - a few days would be best. Does your SSD stop piling up data? The idea behind this test is that you have broken communication between your computer and the botnet's owner.

There isn't anything wrong with File Explorer. It's a fundamental part of the Windows shell. There's nothing that Directly's 'independent advisors' won't say to curry favor with posters, because they need upvotes to get cash awards from Directly.

If your SSD is filling up with data, there's a reason. Botnets come first to mind because they are so prevalent on the internet and transact in huge amounts of data.

S-and-S, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

1. SSD's space being taken up for no reason - Similar Threads - SSD's space being

2. Storage being taken up for no reason.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage being taken up for no reason.: Notes: i have a lenovo thinkpad e14, 512 gb ssd Windows 11 Home.I have recently noticed that my storage was literally cut in half, and upon further investigation, i found that 331gb of my storage was taken up by installed apps. But looking into them i found that the installed...
  3. Storage being taken up for no reason.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage being taken up for no reason.: Notes: i have a lenovo thinkpad e14, 512 gb ssd Windows 11 Home.I have recently noticed that my storage was literally cut in half, and upon further investigation, i found that 331gb of my storage was taken up by installed apps. But looking into them i found that the installed...
  4. Space being taken up on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Space being taken up on Windows 10?: Hi,I hope you're all having a good day! :Someone recently reset a laptop I'm using.There was a problem with activating windows once reset said it wasn't activated, couldn't find product key. Saw it said it was Windows 10 Enterprise, found a default code for Windows 10 Pro,...
  5. Space being taken up on Windows 10?

Space being taken up on Windows 10?: Hi,I hope you're all having a good day! :Someone recently reset a laptop I'm using.There was a problem with activating windows once reset said it wasn't activated, couldn't find product key. Saw it said it was Windows 10 Enterprise, found a default code for Windows 10 Pro,...
  6. Free Disk Space being taken up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Free Disk Space being taken up: Hello, I recently got a new laptop with one terabyte of space, well, exactly 952 GB.I've installed all of my steam games, which were alot of gigabytes, but not too much, I only installed like 200 GB of steam games, and then, few weeks of just doing random stuff on my laptop,...
  7. Free Disk Space being taken up

Free Disk Space being taken up: Hello, I recently got a new laptop with one terabyte of space, well, exactly 952 GB.I've installed all of my steam games, which were alot of gigabytes, but not too much, I only installed like 200 GB of steam games, and then, few weeks of just doing random stuff on my laptop,...
  8. Free Disk Space being taken up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Hard drive space being taken up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive space being taken up: Hello Microsoft forums! So I have a problem on my computer with my hard drive, so, my hard drive is 111gb, i know its not alot but my computer broke and i had to get a new hard rive and this was the cheapest offer, but i was recently trying to download unreal engine to make a...
  10. 20 GB of space being taken up for no reason.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    20 GB of space being taken up for no reason.: After updating my System Firmware drivers, about 20 GB of space was taken up under Apps and Features for no apparent reason. I have not installed any new apps since updating the drivers, so I have no idea how such a large amount of space was suddenly used up....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ssd space taken up cant get back