Windows 10: SSH client can't access WSL

Discus and support SSH client can't access WSL in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi! I'm connecting to my pc over ssh form my iPad. so far it works, but i need to open the ubuntu shell. Normally, in the cmd/pwsh i just type "ubuntu"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Joker_513, Nov 22, 2020.

1. SSH client can't access WSL

Hi! I'm connecting to my pc over ssh form my iPad. so far it works, but i need to open the ubuntu shell. Normally, in the cmd/pwsh i just type "ubuntu" and it works, but over ssh i'm getting this error:

Program "ubuntu.exe" failed to run: The file cannot be accessed by the system.At line:1 char:1

What should i do? Thanks

submitted by /u/Joker_513
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Joker_513, Nov 22, 2020

2. SSH Client Beta

I have been using the Windows SSH client instead of putty to SSH into my raspberry pi. What is the paste shortcut for the vim editor? I have tried these things in normal, insert, and paste mode. Here's a list of things I've tried that does not work:

ctrl+Shift+Insert

Shift+Insert

crtl+v

Shift+crtl+v

right click

scroll click

When I attempt these things, I either get no result, a ':', or a blank line.

moltencocoa, Nov 22, 2020
  3. How can I SSH into my WSL bash shell from an external enviroment

Hi,

I work between three different machines

Windows 10 Laptop - using WSL

Mac OS X

Linux Ubuntu server - accessed via a console from a Linux machine

I have files stored in all these locations.

WSL - only used for editing files when I don't have access to primary dev environment

Mac OS X - used for Adobe software

Linux server - live environment

I need to access, pull, push and edit files/directories in all these locations. I can do this between the Linux box and Mac OS X easily using SSH but I don't seem able to find a way to SSH into the WSL on my W10 laptop.

Is this possible? If indeed it is possible, can you link me to the help materials for setting this up please. Pretty new to the WSL so sorry for the stupid noob question.

Thanks

Jay

JayTelford, Nov 22, 2020
  4. meulie Win User

SSH client can't access WSL

SSH client/server? VPN? RDP?

Does the N900 have an SSH-client? Or can it run as SSH server?

Support for VPN?

RDP client?

Greetings,

Evert

meulie, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

SSH client can't access WSL

1. SSH client can't access WSL - Similar Threads - SSH client can't

2. wsl --install: Access is denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wsl --install: Access is denied: I got this errorwsl --install Installing: Windows Subsystem for Linux Access is denied. 0,0%Tried run as administrator - the sameWin10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wsl-install-access-is-denied/eac2553a-3216-4615-996d-e1f993a6576a
  3. Getting notification for ssh client connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting notification for ssh client connection: I have enabled OpenSSH server as an optional feature of windows 11, I was wondering if there is a way to get notified in the windows notification center when the client is connected?...
  4. Getting notification for ssh client connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting notification for ssh client connection: I have enabled OpenSSH server as an optional feature of windows 11, I was wondering if there is a way to get notified in the windows notification center when the client is connected?...
  5. Getting notification for ssh client connection

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Can't configure a ssh

Can't configure a ssh: Hi! Would you help me with the next issue? After installing OpenSSH Server and OpenSSH Client did not appear an sshd serviceI don't know would it should appear, but following the tutorial it must With the next steps from the tutorial I also have problems. First of them:...
  7. How to ssh into WSL 2 Ubuntu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to ssh into WSL 2 Ubuntu?: Please would someone be so kind as to provide a clear and neat set up for ssh-ing from an external machine into WSL 2, and that doesn't need re-doing each time the machine is restarted. TL;DR Please do not point me to a blog article unless you are *certain* it worked for...
  8. SSH to wsl 2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SSH to wsl 2: Anyone know how to get ssh to work in windows wsl 2? I've followed some guides, but I'm still getting connection refused when I try to ssh into my windows ip, or it just hangs when I ssh into the wsl ip submitted by /u/MrDroo [link] [comments]...
  9. W10 includes BOTH SERVER and Client SSH

W10 includes BOTH SERVER and Client SSH: Hi folks these days you can SSH INTO windows from another machine without needing any 3rd party software -- the client is available by default but the server is also present -- you install it in the Add features in settings and then you have to enable it. However that's not...
  10. Remote desktop client: SSH tunnel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote desktop client: SSH tunnel: Feature request to add SSH tunnel as an alternative to RD Gateway. I thought it's pretty common, and RD Gateway is fantastically rare (and a living nightmare to set up, especially for those who don't own a Windows server). What does it take to get this feature added?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ssh win10 cant access wsl