Windows 10: ssh doesn't work when using powershell, cmd, wls, or hyper terminal, but putty works

Discus and support ssh doesn't work when using powershell, cmd, wls, or hyper terminal, but putty works in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi at All,I am posting this question sine I am running out of ideas. Maybe I am missing something, but can't find a reason of the behavior... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MarcMZJ, Dec 9, 2021.

1. MarcMZJ Win User

ssh doesn't work when using powershell, cmd, wls, or hyper terminal, but putty works

Hi at All,I am posting this question sine I am running out of ideas. Maybe I am missing something, but can't find a reason of the behavior bellow.Previously I was using Ubuntu deployed in wls 2.0 earlier on Win10 and now Win11 also for ssh-ing any remote servers, or internal VMs vbox machines, among other things. All worked well for months on Win10 also on Win11 and I was happy, because linux console and built-in features work for me better. After some time, ssh to a remote server stopped working within a wls linux. Basically, ping works, ncat works - I can open port 22, or custom ssh port

:)

MarcMZJ, Dec 9, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

ssh doesn't work when using powershell, cmd, wls, or hyper terminal, but putty works [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Dec 9, 2021
  3. Manny_882 Win User
    Windows 10 SSH Tunnel with Putty

Greetings. Running Windows 10 Home 64-bit and having some difficulties with passing internet traffic through the localhost proxy when creating a SSH tunnel with Putty. Putty connects to the Linux server running SSH. I was able to successfully to do this
    before Windows 10. I have tried Firefox and Chrome and both failed to connect to the proxy under Windows 10. Edge browser gives me the same error. I have disable the firewall and antivirus with no luck. My laptop with windows 7 is able to tunnel the traffic
    just fine. I have search the internet far and wide and unable to find a answer. Any help would be appreciated.

Manny_882, Dec 9, 2021
  4. ssh doesn't work when using powershell, cmd, wls, or hyper terminal, but putty works

ssh and Windows 10 Not Working

There are two desktop computers in my home:

One running Debian Linux and one running Windows 10.

They both access the Web through a wireless router (Verizon).

The issue is that I cannot access the Windows box via ssh (OpenSSH or PuTTY).

I am able to access the Linux box from the Windows box - via ssh (via both OpenSSH and PuTTY).

For the sake of simplicity and in order to eliminate Linux from the equation, I tried:

ssh localhost

ssh 192.168.1.2

ssh HOME

ssh matt@localhost

ssh matt@192.168.1.2

ssh matt@ HOME

(where localhost, 192.168.1.2, and HOME are all the Windows box).

None of those 3 worked - either in PuTTY or in OpenSSH.

I either get:

Connection to localhost closed by remote host.

Connection to localhost closed.

Or I get:

ssh: connect to host 192.168.1.2 port 22: Connection timed out

-

I wanted to make sure that I could access this PC from another in one way or another
    - so I went ahead and created a homegroup which this computer and another household Windows 10 (laptop) are part of. That other Windows 10 PC
    is able to access this PC (and, for what it's worth, this PC can access the laptop).

Note that a firewall runs on the Windows box. But I get the same results whether it's up or down.

Anyone know what's going on?

TIA, Matt

ManThisIsReallyBizarre, Dec 9, 2021
Thema:

ssh doesn't work when using powershell, cmd, wls, or hyper terminal, but putty works

1. ssh doesn't work when using powershell, cmd, wls, or hyper terminal, but putty works - Similar Threads - ssh doesn't using

2. CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell: I'm trying to call 'cmd' inside Windows PowerShell console in order to get to work immediately with Command Prompt mode, but I got this message instead:I know I can use Command Prompt outside of PowerShell, but this is a special case.Any suggestions about how can I revert...
  3. CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell: I'm trying to call 'cmd' inside Windows PowerShell console in order to get to work immediately with Command Prompt mode, but I got this message instead:I know I can use Command Prompt outside of PowerShell, but this is a special case.Any suggestions about how can I revert...
  4. CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. ssh doesn't work when using powershell, cmd, wls, or hyper terminal, but putty works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ssh doesn't work when using powershell, cmd, wls, or hyper terminal, but putty works: Hi at All,I am posting this question sine I am running out of ideas. Maybe I am missing something, but can't find a reason of the behavior bellow.Previously I was using Ubuntu deployed in wls 2.0 earlier on Win10 and now Win11 also for ssh-ing any remote servers, or internal...
  6. Command not working in Windows terminal but working in cmd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Command not working in Windows terminal but working in cmd: Hello, I am trying to use windows terminal, however I can't use any command see picture. I've tried to reinstall it and run as administrator but doesn't change anything Do you have an idea of what I can do? Kind regards [ATTACH]...
  7. Using SSH Using Windows Terminal

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using SSH Using Windows Terminal: Hey Everyone, I made a quick video showing how easy it is to setup a button on Windows Terminal to save SSH sessions. I hope you find it helpful! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xfBpN9fHuM&feature=youtu.be submitted by /u/DevOps-Journey [link] [comments]...
  8. ssh terminal emulation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ssh terminal emulation: I'm using Windows 10 ssh to connect to a linux server for a new project. To what value should I set my linux TERM environment variable? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssh-terminal-emulation/ef82365d-257b-42c9-8a15-3bd92bcf73c6
  9. CMD, PowerShell, Windows Terminal

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CMD, PowerShell, Windows Terminal: I have recently returned to windows after 10 years of OSX/MacOS and Linux. During my time on these OSes I became very comfortable with using the terminal on a daily basis for minor tasks to system configuration and diagnostics. I loved the power these tools have and wish to...
  10. Settings using powershell/cmd?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Settings using powershell/cmd?: Is there a way to manage settings using command line/powershell? Thanks. 124376