Windows 10: SSID are missing when i travel to my office from home.

Discus and support SSID are missing when i travel to my office from home. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Currently experiencing an issue where my HP X360 G8 1040 laptop shows all available SSIDs on my home network and neighbors. But as soon as I come into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Elias Machuca US, Feb 29, 2024.

1. SSID are missing when i travel to my office from home.

Currently experiencing an issue where my HP X360 G8 1040 laptop shows all available SSIDs on my home network and neighbors. But as soon as I come into my office, all the SSIDs are missing. Occurs with both versions of the Wi-Fi driversCurrent Driver version- IntelR Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz 22.250.1.2- IntelR Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz 01.14.20Troubleshooting steps taken.- Updated to the most recent Wi-Fi driver.- BIOS update seems to be the most prevalent for most machinesSolutions range from- BIOS update- Wi-Fi Driver update- Hardware reset by pressing F5+Power This can happen today and it w

:)

Elias Machuca US, Feb 29, 2024
  2. gipzy07 Win User

HELP!!! IP Settings is missing in SSID

From above screen, if user click "edit", user can set static IP for SSID "YM-Room". This is not network adapter setting.

SSID are missing when i travel to my office from home. 190839d1527866922t-help-ip-settings-missing-ssid-win10ssid-1.jpg

This setting can define IP settings for each SSID.
    Example, your office Wifi do not provide IP address. When user try to connect to office Wifi, they can set static IP address for office wifi. When user is at home (home wifi with dhcp), user can connect home wifi without change static IP to dynamic IP because it is SSID based IP Settings.

gipzy07, Feb 29, 2024
  3. Wifi ssid dissapeares

Hi,

In that case, I would suggest you follow the below fixes one by one.

Fix #!

Step 1:

Open the Start Menu and click on Settings.

Step 2:

Click on Network and Internet.

Step 3:

Choose Wi-Fi from the menu on the left-hand side of the screen.

Step 4:

Click on Manage known networks.

Step 5:

Highlight the name of the network you want to forget (Make sure to find and delete the old SSID)

Step 6

Click on Forget.

Step 7:

Restart PC

Fix #2

Step 1

Right-click on the Start Menu and choose Device Manager.

Step 2

Expand the list below Network Adapters.

Step 3:

Right-click on your network adapter.

Step 4

Select Properties.

Step 5

Click on the Power Management tab.

Step 6

Unmark the checkbox next to Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

Let me know the status after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Feb 29, 2024
  4. ematen777 Win User

SSID are missing when i travel to my office from home.

Splitted wifi SSID

SSID name 1 and same SSID name 2 being in the wifi list

ematen777, Feb 29, 2024
Thema:

SSID are missing when i travel to my office from home.

1. SSID are missing when i travel to my office from home. - Similar Threads - SSID are missing

2. SSID are missing when i travel to my office from home.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSID are missing when i travel to my office from home.: Currently experiencing an issue where my HP X360 G8 1040 laptop shows all available SSIDs on my home network and neighbors. But as soon as I come into my office, all the SSIDs are missing. Occurs with both versions of the Wi-Fi driversCurrent Driver version- IntelR Wi-Fi 6...
  3. Missing home wifi SSID from laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing home wifi SSID from laptop: My home wifi SSID has stopped displaying as a choice to connect to on my laptop. One day it was there - the next it was gone. the router is functioning as I can connect on my desktop, iphone, ipad and android phone. I have restarted the router. I took the laptop to work - and...
  4. Missing home wifi SSID from laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing home wifi SSID from laptop: My home wifi SSID has stopped displaying as a choice to connect to on my laptop. One day it was there - the next it was gone. the router is functioning as I can connect on my desktop, iphone, ipad and android phone. I have restarted the router. I took the laptop to work - and...
  5. Missing home wifi SSID from laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Changing screens when traveled between home and office

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing screens when traveled between home and office: Dear fellow digitals,Due to the covid thingie we now have the possibility to work one day at home and anohter at the office.The setup I use contains a laptop, a docking station USB-C for laptop + 2DP for two screens and two additional screensMy setup in office is always like...
  7. Changing screens when traveled between home and office

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing screens when traveled between home and office: Dear fellow digitals,Due to the covid thingie we now have the possibility to work one day at home and anohter at the office.The setup I use contains a laptop, a docking station USB-C for laptop + 2DP for two screens and two additional screensMy setup in office is always like...
  8. Changing screens when traveled between home and office

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. HELP!!! IP Settings is missing in SSID

HELP!!! IP Settings is missing in SSID: Hi folks, This is my first post in tenforms. I have a question about Windows 10 wifi feature. As you know, in win10 each SSID can set different IP settings. Not network adapter setting. But, I have a problem with one of my friend win 10 PC. In this win10 pc, IP settings...
  10. How to set up a router in my home office when I am traveling.

How to set up a router in my home office when I am traveling.: I currently work from a home office in NY. Because of the type of work I do, I am technically supposed to be physically in NY when I am working from home. I have a second house in NJ that I would like to work from occasionally and would prefer not to use all those IP...