Windows 10: SSID not showing up after changing default name

Discus and support SSID not showing up after changing default name in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; LS SSID not showing up after changing default name. I had a WiFi connection with the default SSID name. On the phones it is shown, but on my Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RickHarlem, Feb 29, 2020.

1. SSID not showing up after changing default name

LS

SSID not showing up after changing default name. I had a WiFi connection with the default SSID name. On the phones it is shown, but on my Windows 10 PC not.

Rick

:)

RickHarlem, Feb 29, 2020

2. The network name on the LAN shows up as a wifi SSID, is this by design?

Hi Annie,

The network name will be set to one of the service set identifier (SSID) from the Wi-Fi network which is completely separate to your SSID. The Network Properties should include the system's IP address, as well as the IP address of the local domain name service
    server, which is normally the router in a home or small business.

This name can be somewhat uncertain as to how you can change it with domestic routers, and sometimes the only way is to completely reset or refresh the router. If doing so failed to change it, we highly advise reaching out to the router manufacturer for
    further assistance. In the meantime, you can rename it by following these steps:

• Type Control Panel using Search in Cortana.
    • Under Network and Internet, click on View network status and tasks.
    • Under Control Panel Home, click on Change adapter settings.
    • Right-click on Ethernet, then choose Rename to modify your network's name.

If you run into some issues, do not hesitate to reply.

Dhavelyn Mer, Feb 29, 2020
  3. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, Feb 29, 2020
  4. SSID not showing up after changing default name

Change SSID

Hi JefeHulet,

The network name (SSID) must be changed on the router.

Type the address of your router in the browser (it is written on the back of the router), then log in to the router> wireless settings, select SSID, then set a new name.

franco d'esaro, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

SSID not showing up after changing default name

1. SSID not showing up after changing default name - Similar Threads - SSID showing changing

2. SSID not showing up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSID not showing up.: I recently tried to change the SSID from default but I did a small mistake. My Modem was Dlink DIR-809. I went to the link, logged in and went to the wireless section and clicked on wireless network setup wizardoption at the top and changed the ssid and clicked next. And I...
  3. SSID not showing up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSID not showing up.: I recently tried to change the SSID from default but I did a small mistake. My Modem was Dlink DIR-809. I went to the link, logged in and went to the wireless section and clicked on wireless network setup wizardoption at the top and changed the ssid and clicked next. And I...
  4. SSID not showing up.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Router's SSID Not Showing Up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Router's SSID Not Showing Up: Windows 10 available networks does not show the router that is 10' away on my ASUS ROG G751JT. Shows up on my phones, tablets and various other computers. I booted to Ubuntu and it shows fine on the ROG. The SSID was used on a prior router so I deleted the saved network SSID...
  6. Router's SSID Not Showing Up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Router's SSID Not Showing Up: Windows 10 available networks does not show the router that is 10' away on my ASUS ROG G751JT. Shows up on my phones, tablets and various other computers. I booted to Ubuntu and it shows fine on the ROG. The SSID was used on a prior router so I deleted the saved network SSID...
  7. Router's SSID Not Showing Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Default desktop folder got messed up after changing the user folder name.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default desktop folder got messed up after changing the user folder name.: So I've wanted to change my user folder name because it looked ugly I followed a great step everything worked until I restarted my computer. The default desktop would not open itself since the path is related to the old user folder name I've changed the ProfileImagePath in...
  9. Changing default user name

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing default user name: Hello, I was wondering if there's a way to change the default user name to another so all the software/programs, including Dropbox, can be addressed to the new user folder. For example, the Windows is currently under the username "AaBb" so it defaults to...
  10. Change Default File Names

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Default File Names: ___[ATTACH] How to change the default names of new files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-default-file-names/876377ad-f171-4720-8685-1e98da04abe3