Windows 10: SSL Broken, NTLite Image

Discus and support SSL Broken, NTLite Image in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows Version 2004 Build 19041.264 Hello, I built this Win 10 image with NTLite. It seems that I ripped out something related to SSL. Running the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by dkovacevic, Jan 20, 2021.

1. SSL Broken, NTLite Image

Windows Version 2004
    Build 19041.264

Hello,

I built this Win 10 image with NTLite. It seems that I ripped out something related to SSL.

Running the following in a powershell:

Invoke-WebRequest Welcome to Steam

Results in:

Invoke-WebRequest : The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS
    secure channel.

This is true for every HTTPS site I've tested against except microsoft.com.

Firefox works fine (no SSL issues). However, this is possibly because it has its own SSL certificate store.

Steam, on the other hand, does not work; SSL errors galore.

So, I would like to know if it is possible to bypass client side SSL checks system wide. The equivalent of hitting that "proceed anyway" link when you've reached a site and get the message "This site has a problem with its security..."

This computer is used for gaming and for hosting a virtual machine. It isn't a daily driver. I don't care if SSL is disabled.

Thanks

:)

dkovacevic, Jan 20, 2021

2. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    SSL Error preventing connection in Windows 10 - Potential Culprit Malwarebytes?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Yes, third party applications can block port #443 which is a port number for the secure version of Hypertext Transfer Protocol (http) used to access web pages. I would suggest you uninstall Malwarebytes as you already have Avast
    security and Windows defender which comes with Windows 10 to keep your computer safe.

If you are still not able to access the secure (https) websites, then follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Check if SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 are enabled

1. Open Internet explorer (IE) and then click on tools menu.
    2. Then go to Internet option.
    3. Then go to Advance tab and click make sure Use SSL 2.0 and Use SSL 3.0 are checked.
    4. Click on apply and then OK.

Method 2: Check the secure sockets layers (SSL) slate.

1. Open Internet explorer (IE) and then click on tools menu.
    2. Then go to Internet option.
    3. Then go to Content tab and click on Clear SSL State.
    4. Click on Apply and then OK.

Method 3: Reset Security settings under trusted sites zones in internet explorer.

1. Open Internet Explorer (IE) and then click on tools menu.
    2. Then go to Internet Options.
    3. Go to Security tab and click on trusted sites. Then click on reset all zones to default level.

Method 4:
    Follow the steps mentioned in the article:
    Fix network connection issues in Windows

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Naresh_K, Jan 20, 2021
  4. Stevie63 Win User

SSL Broken, NTLite Image

E63 Facebook broken image problem

Occasionally I will get one image of someone being suggested as a friend but otherwise every image is a broken icon.

Stevie63, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

SSL Broken, NTLite Image

1. SSL Broken, NTLite Image - Similar Threads - SSL Broken NTLite

2. Windows folder icons' image broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows folder icons' image broken: Hey everyone,I have recently upgraded my laptop from Windows 10 to Windows 11. However, after a week of use, this happened to me: most of my folder's icons are broken, see screenshot below, a good folder icon should look like the one on the left, but mine look like the ones...
  3. Windows folder icons' image broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows folder icons' image broken: Hey everyone,I have recently upgraded my laptop from Windows 10 to Windows 11. However, after a week of use, this happened to me: most of my folder's icons are broken, see screenshot below, a good folder icon should look like the one on the left, but mine look like the ones...
  4. Problem with real time scanning and NTLite software.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem with real time scanning and NTLite software.: Hello, I have the following problem with windows defender real time scanning when this is turned on it make NTLite software slow to make A ISO file for windows. Any help would be great. Thanks Matthew...
  5. Preparing a Win10 integration and customization with NTLite

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Preparing a Win10 integration and customization with NTLite: Hello, As I wrote here I broke my laptop. I finally bought a new HP Probook 450 G7 laptop and will follow your advice by performing a fresh install. 2 years ago I used NTLite (paidlicense) to prepare Win10 Pro for the old Asus. Today, I downloaded from HP Assistance Win10...
  6. Default User Account Image is broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Default User Account Image is broken: Since the May update, I have a new User Account Image. This is disconcerting and makes me think something is wrong with the update, or my install of it. I can choose a new icon, but the other icon is still there as the "Default". any idea how this could have happened, or how...
  7. SSL Errors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SSL Errors: submitted by /u/RealProgrammerPlays [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fnungy/ssl_errors/
  8. SSL/TLS

in Windows 10 Customization
    SSL/TLS: I get an error that SSL/TLS is not setup. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssltls/5e109a29-7523-4251-b40d-60a342189920
  9. ssl for emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ssl for emails: my deeswk top wont display emails it did but not now ? Moved from: Windows 10 / Ease of access https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/ssl-for-emails/1d8c1d5c-d5d8-4c8c-9f22-54fdc17e5017
  10. Windows Spotlight broken, not downloading images

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Spotlight broken, not downloading images: Hello guys, I tried to use Windows Spotlight as my lock screen default, but it seems that something is corrupted in my user profile. What I have done and discovered: - I tried everything suggested on this forum, like this howto (Reset and Re-register Windows Spotlight in...