Windows 10: SSL Certificate Cannot Be Trusted - nessus vulnerability

Discus and support SSL Certificate Cannot Be Trusted - nessus vulnerability in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; SSL Certificate Cannot Be Trusted - nessus vulnerability The following certificate was at the top of the certificatechain sent by the remote host, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by mohanrajlive, Aug 5, 2022.

1. SSL Certificate Cannot Be Trusted - nessus vulnerability

SSL Certificate Cannot Be Trusted - nessus vulnerability The following certificate was at the top of the certificatechain sent by the remote host, but it is signed by an unknowncertificate authority :-Subject : CN=SMMUMVSAPS01.sm.ad-Issuer : DC=ad/DC=sm/CN=SAMC-CA-SERVER3389 / tcp 192.201.0.71

:)

mohanrajlive, Aug 5, 2022

2. SSL Certificate Signed Using Weak Hashing Algorithm

Tenable Scan provides the below report but i dont see any certificate with MD2, MD4, MD5, or SHA1.

Could you please advise the fix for this case?

An SSL certificate in the certificate chain has been signed using a weak hash algorithm.

The remote service uses an SSL certificate chain that has been signed using a cryptographically weak hashing algorithm (e.g. MD2, MD4, MD5, or SHA1). These signature algorithms are known to be vulnerable to collision attacks. An attacker can exploit this to generate another certificate with the same digital signature, allowing an attacker to masquerade as the affected service.

Note that this plugin reports all SSL certificate chains signed with SHA-1 that expire after January 1, 2017 as vulnerable. This is in accordance with Google's gradual sunsetting of the SHA-1 cryptographic hash algorithm.

Note that certificates in the chain that are contained in the Nessus CA database (known_CA.inc) have been ignored.

Sandeep Kumar Reddy Lingampalli, Aug 5, 2022
  3. John Ado Win User
    changing SSL certification in Windows 10 Mail

Hi,

Assuming you are seeing the error: "There is a problem with the server's security certificate. The security certificate is not from a trusted certifying authority.", it often happens when you don't use SSL to secure your email account. To fix this error,
    use the following steps:

• Choose Settings > Manage Accounts.
    • Choose the account that's out-of-date to display the account settings dialog.
    • Choose Change mailbox sync settings > Advanced mailbox settings. You may have to scroll down in the dialog to see Advanced mailbox settings.
    • Check the boxes for Require SSL for incoming email and
      Require SSL for outgoing email
      and then choose Done >
      Save

Let us know how it goes.

John Ado, Aug 5, 2022
  4. SSL Certificate Cannot Be Trusted - nessus vulnerability

N8 certificates not trusted/don't match the name

Well I worked out for myself how to verify the certificates are genuine:

• Using a desktop computer
    • Go to the page with the certificates
    • Select a certificate
    • It will say either:
      • Certificate already exists - this confirms that the certificate on the website matches one already in your browser, which we already trust, therefore the certificate on the website is trustworthy
      • Asks if you want to install the certificate, DON'T.
        • First view the certificate details.
        • Copy the certificate serial number or SHA1/SHA256/MD5/etc hash
        • Paste this into a search engine
        • If another website that you trust lists the certificate, e.g. your phone manufacturer or another trusted website (preferably a secure website, therefore you have confidence the website is genuine), then you can trust the certificate
        • If no trustworthy sites are returned in the search then try another hash or serial number
        • If you can't find any trustworthy sites listing the certificate then I suggest you don't trust it.
    • Finally, if you decide you trust a certificate then you can download and install on your phone.

CurvyClover488, Aug 5, 2022
Thema:

SSL Certificate Cannot Be Trusted - nessus vulnerability

1. SSL Certificate Cannot Be Trusted - nessus vulnerability - Similar Threads - SSL Certificate Cannot

2. Corrupted SSL Certificates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted SSL Certificates: I moved my Windows 10 Boot M.2 SSD Drive from my laptop to a mini PC. All went well with new drivers and all except the SSL Certificates seems to be messed up. I get hundreds of Event ID 15300 and 15301 warnings every time I boot up. All Google searches say to ignore those ID...
  3. Corrupted SSL Certificates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Corrupted SSL Certificates: I moved my Windows 10 Boot M.2 SSD Drive from my laptop to a mini PC. All went well with new drivers and all except the SSL Certificates seems to be messed up. I get hundreds of Event ID 15300 and 15301 warnings every time I boot up. All Google searches say to ignore those ID...
  4. Corrupted SSL Certificates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. SSL Certificate Cannot Be Trusted - nessus vulnerability

SSL Certificate Cannot Be Trusted - nessus vulnerability: SSL Certificate Cannot Be Trusted - nessus vulnerability The following certificate was at the top of the certificatechain sent by the remote host, but it is signed by an unknowncertificate authority :-Subject : CN=SMMUMVSAPS01.sm.ad-Issuer : DC=ad/DC=sm/CN=SAMC-CA-SERVER3389...
  6. Tools and methods to manage SSL certificates

Tools and methods to manage SSL certificates: I was wondering if there was a tool/method aside from LogicMonitor that helps identify when SSL certificates expire. I've discovered that not all of my SSL certificates that are about to expire are displayed even though I have them registered in the LogicMonitor system. Any...
  7. SSL certificate errors on normal websites.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSL certificate errors on normal websites.: Hi,I've been having a strange issue when connecting to certain websites I always have, ebay, spotify, reddit, and many others including parts of Microsoft websites. They all say that their security certificate is invalid which I know is not true. The error I get is...
  8. SSL certificate errors on normal websites.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSL certificate errors on normal websites.: Hi,I've been having a strange issue when connecting to certain websites I always have, ebay, spotify, reddit, and many others including parts of Microsoft websites. They all say that their security certificate is invalid which I know is not true. The error I get is...
  9. Renew SSL certificates on Win10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Renew SSL certificates on Win10?: Hay, every now and then I get the hint while surfing that the https certificate is invalid. I have also checked and found that certain certificates have expired. How can I have them renewed? Have read where since Win10 2004 something has changed. Auf Win10 SSL-...
  10. installing trusted certificates

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    installing trusted certificates: I have just become aware that U can install certificates onto your computer, and before I do anything it's best I ask what are the 'pro and cons' of installing trusted certificates. * Moved from education...