Windows 10: SSL certificate errors across all browsers

Discus and support SSL certificate errors across all browsers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently, a lot of websites have been breaking for me with SSL certificate errors across all browsers. These websites work perfectly fine on other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Duccinator, Feb 2, 2021.

1. SSL certificate errors across all browsers

Recently, a lot of websites have been breaking for me with SSL certificate errors across all browsers. These websites work perfectly fine on other devices on the same network.
    Examples of these websites include reddit, howtogeek etc.

Screenshots:
    Edge

Firefox
    My windows is fully updated and I can confirm that this issue is only limited to my pc. I installed a certificate after it was forced on me by a slightly shady app but it has been a while since I did that and things have started breaking very recently.

I am thinking of restoring all the certificates on my pc to the default, but I wasn't able to find a good method to do so. Help?

:)

Duccinator, Feb 2, 2021

2. ssl certificates

Hi Richard,

This error message SSL certificates could have happened due to several reasons like browser security certificates or outdated browser. We would like to know more about the issue by asking the following questions below:

• Have you tried deleting and clear the cache?
    • What browser are you using?
    • Have you tried using another browser?
    • Have you tried contacting your software developer?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Anthony Gal, Feb 2, 2021
  3. Raoniz Win User
    SSL Certificate Error

I have been using WIndows 10 since a year and I have encountered this problem several times that, some of the commands, which require internet interaction, display an SSL Certificate error. The error says:

"There was a problem confirming the ssl certificate: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:777)"

The above error is displayed during configuration (cloning, pushing of git repositories, installing python packages via pip, etc.) or installation of various utilities requiring internet interaction.

Kindly help to solve up the issue.

Raoniz, Feb 2, 2021
  4. John Ado Win User

SSL certificate errors across all browsers

changing SSL certification in Windows 10 Mail

Hi,

Assuming you are seeing the error: "There is a problem with the server's security certificate. The security certificate is not from a trusted certifying authority.", it often happens when you don't use SSL to secure your email account. To fix this error,
    use the following steps:

• Choose Settings > Manage Accounts.
    • Choose the account that's out-of-date to display the account settings dialog.
    • Choose Change mailbox sync settings > Advanced mailbox settings. You may have to scroll down in the dialog to see Advanced mailbox settings.
    • Check the boxes for Require SSL for incoming email and
      Require SSL for outgoing email
      and then choose Done >
      Save

Let us know how it goes.

John Ado, Feb 2, 2021
Thema:

SSL certificate errors across all browsers

1. SSL certificate errors across all browsers - Similar Threads - SSL certificate errors

2. Will downloading an SSL certificate on my computer, or installing it on my browser allow...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will downloading an SSL certificate on my computer, or installing it on my browser allow...: Will downloading an SSL certificate on my computer, or installing it on my browser allow someone to hack my computer? Will it allow someone to monitor my activities on Browser? My employer wanted me to install an SSL certificate. I downloaded the certificate on my computer,...
  3. Will downloading an SSL certificate on my computer, or installing it on my browser allow...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Will downloading an SSL certificate on my computer, or installing it on my browser allow...: Will downloading an SSL certificate on my computer, or installing it on my browser allow someone to hack my computer? Will it allow someone to monitor my activities on Browser? My employer wanted me to install an SSL certificate. I downloaded the certificate on my computer,...
  4. Corrupted SSL Certificates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted SSL Certificates: I moved my Windows 10 Boot M.2 SSD Drive from my laptop to a mini PC. All went well with new drivers and all except the SSL Certificates seems to be messed up. I get hundreds of Event ID 15300 and 15301 warnings every time I boot up. All Google searches say to ignore those ID...
  5. Corrupted SSL Certificates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Corrupted SSL Certificates: I moved my Windows 10 Boot M.2 SSD Drive from my laptop to a mini PC. All went well with new drivers and all except the SSL Certificates seems to be messed up. I get hundreds of Event ID 15300 and 15301 warnings every time I boot up. All Google searches say to ignore those ID...
  6. Corrupted SSL Certificates

7. SSL certificate errors on normal websites.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSL certificate errors on normal websites.: Hi,I've been having a strange issue when connecting to certain websites I always have, ebay, spotify, reddit, and many others including parts of Microsoft websites. They all say that their security certificate is invalid which I know is not true. The error I get is...
  8. SSL certificate errors on normal websites.

SSL certificate errors on normal websites.: Hi,I've been having a strange issue when connecting to certain websites I always have, ebay, spotify, reddit, and many others including parts of Microsoft websites. They all say that their security certificate is invalid which I know is not true. The error I get is...
  9. SSL certificate errors on normal websites.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Renew SSL certificates on Win10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Renew SSL certificates on Win10?: Hay, every now and then I get the hint while surfing that the https certificate is invalid. I have also checked and found that certain certificates have expired. How can I have them renewed? Have read where since Win10 2004 something has changed. Auf Win10 SSL-...