Windows 10: SSL certificate errors on normal websites.

Discus and support SSL certificate errors on normal websites. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi,I've been having a strange issue when connecting to certain websites I always have, ebay, spotify, reddit, and many others including parts of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SkyeKothari, Oct 5, 2021.

1. SSL certificate errors on normal websites.

Hi,I've been having a strange issue when connecting to certain websites I always have, ebay, spotify, reddit, and many others including parts of Microsoft websites. They all say that their security certificate is invalid which I know is not true. The error I get is ERR_CERT_REVOKED, this happens on every browser.Things I've tried:- Clearing SSL cache- Resetting network adapter- Using different browsers- Updating computer and drivers- Running terminal commands to reset DNS settings- Clearing all browsers cache- Disabling windows firewall- Running antivirus scan- Resetting date and timeWould g

:)

SkyeKothari, Oct 5, 2021
  2. Raoniz Win User

SSL Certificate Error

I have been using WIndows 10 since a year and I have encountered this problem several times that, some of the commands, which require internet interaction, display an SSL Certificate error. The error says:

"There was a problem confirming the ssl certificate: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:777)"

The above error is displayed during configuration (cloning, pushing of git repositories, installing python packages via pip, etc.) or installation of various utilities requiring internet interaction.

Kindly help to solve up the issue.

Raoniz, Oct 6, 2021
  3. I cannot access secured ssl website to check email

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Forums.

I understand that you are experiencing issue with checking email on SSL websites after upgrade to Windows 10. I would certainly help you with this.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• What happens when you try to access the SSl websites? Do you get any error message? If yes, what is the complete and exact error message?
    • Does the issue persists with both Microsoft Edge and Internet explorer?
    If the issue appears with Internet Explorer as well, we can try clearing SSL state. let's try these steps below to do so:

Try to clear the SSL state from Internet Options and check.

• Press Windows key+R key to open Run prompt.
    • Type inetcpl.cpl and press enter.
    • go to the Content tab.
    • Click on Clear SSL state and press o.
    • Close and reopen Internet Explorer and check.

If the issue reappears, then do the following.

• In Windows Internet Explorer, click Continue to this website (not recommended).

A red Address Bar and a certificate warning appear.
    • Click the Certificate Error button to open the information window.
    • Click View Certificates, and then click Install Certificate.
    • On the warning message that appears, click Yes to install the certificate.
    Restart Internet Explorer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps. Please let us know the results. Feel free to write us back for any further assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Mann_Manohar, Oct 6, 2021
  4. SSL certificate errors on normal websites.

ssl certificates

Hi Richard,

This error message SSL certificates could have happened due to several reasons like browser security certificates or outdated browser. We would like to know more about the issue by asking the following questions below:

• Have you tried deleting and clear the cache?
    • What browser are you using?
    • Have you tried using another browser?
    • Have you tried contacting your software developer?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Anthony Gal, Oct 6, 2021
Thema:

SSL certificate errors on normal websites.

1. SSL certificate errors on normal websites. - Similar Threads - SSL certificate errors

2. Corrupted SSL Certificates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted SSL Certificates: I moved my Windows 10 Boot M.2 SSD Drive from my laptop to a mini PC. All went well with new drivers and all except the SSL Certificates seems to be messed up. I get hundreds of Event ID 15300 and 15301 warnings every time I boot up. All Google searches say to ignore those ID...
  3. Corrupted SSL Certificates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Corrupted SSL Certificates: I moved my Windows 10 Boot M.2 SSD Drive from my laptop to a mini PC. All went well with new drivers and all except the SSL Certificates seems to be messed up. I get hundreds of Event ID 15300 and 15301 warnings every time I boot up. All Google searches say to ignore those ID...
  4. Corrupted SSL Certificates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Tools and methods to manage SSL certificates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tools and methods to manage SSL certificates: I was wondering if there was a tool/method aside from LogicMonitor that helps identify when SSL certificates expire. I've discovered that not all of my SSL certificates that are about to expire are displayed even though I have them registered in the LogicMonitor system. Any...
  6. Tools and methods to manage SSL certificates

Tools and methods to manage SSL certificates: I was wondering if there was a tool/method aside from LogicMonitor that helps identify when SSL certificates expire. I've discovered that not all of my SSL certificates that are about to expire are displayed even though I have them registered in the LogicMonitor system. Any...
  7. SSL certificate errors on normal websites.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSL certificate errors on normal websites.: Hi,I've been having a strange issue when connecting to certain websites I always have, ebay, spotify, reddit, and many others including parts of Microsoft websites. They all say that their security certificate is invalid which I know is not true. The error I get is...
  8. SSL certificate errors on normal websites.

SSL certificate errors on normal websites.: Hi,I've been having a strange issue when connecting to certain websites I always have, ebay, spotify, reddit, and many others including parts of Microsoft websites. They all say that their security certificate is invalid which I know is not true. The error I get is...
  9. SSL certificate errors across all browsers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSL certificate errors across all browsers: Recently, a lot of websites have been breaking for me with SSL certificate errors across all browsers. These websites work perfectly fine on other devices on the same network. Examples of these websites include reddit, howtogeek etc. Screenshots: Edge Firefox My windows...
  10. Renew SSL certificates on Win10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Renew SSL certificates on Win10?: Hay, every now and then I get the hint while surfing that the https certificate is invalid. I have also checked and found that certain certificates have expired. How can I have them renewed? Have read where since Win10 2004 something has changed. Auf Win10 SSL-...