Windows 10: SSL Certificate for Remote Desktop Session Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support SSL Certificate for Remote Desktop Session Windows 10 Pro in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I am attempting to utilize a signed certificate for a FQDN who's DNS records are assigned to my computers IP address. This connection is for a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Googs55, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Googs55 Win User

SSL Certificate for Remote Desktop Session Windows 10 Pro

Hello,

I am attempting to utilize a signed certificate for a FQDN who's DNS records are assigned to my computers IP address. This connection is for a LAN RDS.

Below are the steps that I have taken.

I generated a CSR in personal certificates folder, uploaded to CA created Certificate and imported to Trusted Root Certification Authorities. I am then going in and disabling the self signed certificate. I am executing these steps an RDS session. After disconnecting and reconnecting the computer does not utilize the correct certificate it is still using the Self Signed Cert.

What am I doing wrong here?

~Googs55

:)

Googs55, Feb 6, 2021
  2. gogoud Win User

How to provide a verified server certificate for Remote Desktop (RDP) connections to Windows 10

We have a Windows 10 Pro machine at our office which has an open port to the internet for incoming remote desktop connections (a ‘host’). It is well protected by complex password and limited number of permitted attempts and only TLS 1.1 or higher, but it doesn't present an externally-verified SSL certificate, only the self-generated self-signed one that Remote Desktop Services provides, and this gives us two problems:

1. We cannot be fully confident when connecting remotely we really are connecting to this machine and not some hijacked connection.
    2. Our site fails PCI-DSS 3.1 compliance check (required because we use there a point-of-sale debit/credit card machine that connects via internet). The check reports fatal errors on this internet-facing remote desktop port: 'SSL Self-Signed Certificate' and 'SSL Certificate with Wrong Hostname'.

How do I get a Windows 10 Pro (or Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 Pro) machine acting as server/host to present a proper SSL certificate for Remote Desktop verification?

gogoud, Feb 6, 2021
  3. Remote Desktop - Screen resolution in remote session

I have connected to a remote desktop session and the windows in the remote session are all too small for me to see.

I have edited the remote desktop connection settings and cannot seem to make anything larger.

I am using a new Dell Inspiron Laptop which has a very high screen resolution 3840 x 2160

Any suggestions appreciated

Thank you

GreenlaneAC, Feb 6, 2021
  4. SSL Certificate for Remote Desktop Session Windows 10 Pro

Windows 10 Remote Desktop Session - Sound stops when disconnect

This was originally asked as a question back in 2016

Windows 10 Remote Desktop Session - Sound stops when disconnect

To summarise: Connecting or disconnecting a Remote Desktop session to a Windows 10 machine disrupts the Audio Drivers in a way that halts audio playback, and requires the playing application to be restarted. It seems tied to updates to Remote
    Desktop in Windows 10 Anniversary Edition.

That thread had plenty of people experiencing the same problem, plenty of attempts to fix the problem, but no conclusion or feedback from Microsoft.

I have tried:

• Disabling audio redirection in the Registry (HLKM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\WinStations\RDP-Tcp\fDisableAudioCapture)
    • Disabling the Remote Desktop Port Redirection Service
    • Disabling (on my client) Remote Audio Playback (Playback on Remote PC)

None of these help. As soon as you connect or disconnect, RDP is messing with the Wave drivers, and the applications can't handle it.

Does anyone share this problem or have any other suggestions to try?

NickPiggott., Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

SSL Certificate for Remote Desktop Session Windows 10 Pro

1. SSL Certificate for Remote Desktop Session Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - SSL Certificate Remote

2. Port forwarding Remote Desktop RDP and installing SSL Certificate?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Port forwarding Remote Desktop RDP and installing SSL Certificate?: Is it possible to install an SSL Certificate just for RDP? I have a Windows 11 system I want to safely access over the internet but I cannot find any information on this topic. Is it not possible? All I see is info on how to do it for RDS Remote Desktop Services but I am just...
  3. Port forwarding Remote Desktop RDP and installing SSL Certificate?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Port forwarding Remote Desktop RDP and installing SSL Certificate?: Is it possible to install an SSL Certificate just for RDP? I have a Windows 11 system I want to safely access over the internet but I cannot find any information on this topic. Is it not possible? All I see is info on how to do it for RDS Remote Desktop Services but I am just...
  4. Corrupted SSL Certificates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted SSL Certificates: I moved my Windows 10 Boot M.2 SSD Drive from my laptop to a mini PC. All went well with new drivers and all except the SSL Certificates seems to be messed up. I get hundreds of Event ID 15300 and 15301 warnings every time I boot up. All Google searches say to ignore those ID...
  5. Corrupted SSL Certificates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Corrupted SSL Certificates: I moved my Windows 10 Boot M.2 SSD Drive from my laptop to a mini PC. All went well with new drivers and all except the SSL Certificates seems to be messed up. I get hundreds of Event ID 15300 and 15301 warnings every time I boot up. All Google searches say to ignore those ID...
  6. Corrupted SSL Certificates

7. Remote desktop session disconnections

Remote desktop session disconnections: Hello to all.I have a problem with one of users of my RDS server.Client is Windows 10, server is Windows Server 2016Client works via openvpn connection At start of a work, he has multiple cases of remote desktop session disconnections mostly at first 1-2 hour of working,...
  8. Remote desktop session disconnections

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote desktop session disconnections: Hello to all.I have a problem with one of users of my RDS server.Client is Windows 10, server is Windows Server 2016Client works via openvpn connection At start of a work, he has multiple cases of remote desktop session disconnections mostly at first 1-2 hour of working,...
  9. Remote desktop session disconnections

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Windows 10 remote desktop session

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 remote desktop session: I'm trying to connect to my work computer using remote desktop. I have physical access to both. I am getting the following error: your computer could not connect to another console session on the remote computer because you already have a console session in progress. I...