Windows 10: SSL Encryption Issue

Discus and support SSL Encryption Issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; PROBLEM = The remote host supports the use of SSL ciphers that offer medium strength encryption. Nessus regards medium strength as any encryption... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BrianRainey1, May 10, 2020.

1. SSL Encryption Issue

PROBLEM =

The remote host supports the use of SSL ciphers that offer medium strength encryption. Nessus regards medium strength as any encryption that uses key lengths at least 64 bits and less than 112 bits, or else that uses the 3DES encryption suite.

Note that it is considerably easier to circumvent medium strength encryption if the attacker is on the same physical network.

SOLUTION =

Reconfigure the affected application if possible to avoid use of medium strength ciphers.

:)

BrianRainey1, May 10, 2020
  2. Ernie San Win User

On my mail on my Inbox-Linked inbox-mail It says Error code 0x85002012

Hello,

To resolve the error message 0x85002012, we suggest turning off "Server requires encrypted (SSL) connection". To do so, follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings of Mail.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Select your e-mail account.
    • Disable Server requires encrypted (SSL) connection.
    Let us know how it goes.

Ernie San, May 10, 2020
  3. Device Encryption not avaiable

Hello Fraczek,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Are you referring to BitLocker Drive Encryption?
    • What preventing you from doing this?
    • Did you get any error message or code while doing this?

Before you come up with the above information, suggest you to refer the article

Help protect your files using BitLocker Drive Encryption
    and see if it help you.

Do refer the article
    Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide
    and check if it help you with the required information.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, May 10, 2020
  4. SSL Encryption Issue

Encryption

Hello Miriam,

For us to be able to isolate your concern why your devices page says it is not encrypted when you've turn on encryption, kindly answer these questions:

• Does this happen before you encrypt the device?
    • Which Windows version currently running on your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We will be waiting for update.

Gerald Mal, May 10, 2020
Thema:

SSL Encryption Issue

1. SSL Encryption Issue - Similar Threads - SSL Encryption Issue

2. Bitlocker encryption issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker encryption issue: Hi there,I'm having trouble encrypting a 5TB Lacie hard drive on my work computer. I have already successfully encrypted a 2TB Lacie hard drive this morning both 2TB and 5TB are brand new out of the box with no problem.When I start the encryption for the 5TB I get this error...
  3. Bitlocker encryption issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker encryption issue: Hi there,I'm having trouble encrypting a 5TB Lacie hard drive on my work computer. I have already successfully encrypted a 2TB Lacie hard drive this morning both 2TB and 5TB are brand new out of the box with no problem.When I start the encryption for the 5TB I get this error...
  4. Bitlocker encryption issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Backup Issues and Encryption

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup Issues and Encryption: I want to backup my Hard Drives to an External Seagate Hard Drive. I have a C drive that is not encrypted and a D drive that is encrypted. I also have a number of my documents stored only on One Drive. 1. How do I backup the Encrypted Drive? a. . I am using the Windows...
  6. SSL Errors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SSL Errors: submitted by /u/RealProgrammerPlays [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fnungy/ssl_errors/
  7. Encrypted file issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Encrypted file issues: Hello, i recently upgraded my labtop computer from windows 7 to windows 10. i have followed all instruction while upgrading and i can no longer access my encrypted files and folders ( password protected) on my backup to copy them to the labtop! any help would be...
  8. Encryption Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Encryption Issue: I have Windows 10 Enterprise Right Click On Folder Clicked On PROPERTIES in the Drop Down Menu Clicked on Advanced Attributes Clicked on "Encrypt contents to secure data". Clicked OK Clicked On APPLY Clicked On "Apply Changes To This Folder Only" Clicked OK Clicked OK again...
  9. SSL/TLS

in Windows 10 Customization
    SSL/TLS: I get an error that SSL/TLS is not setup. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssltls/5e109a29-7523-4251-b40d-60a342189920
  10. ssl for emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ssl for emails: my deeswk top wont display emails it did but not now ? Moved from: Windows 10 / Ease of access https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/ssl-for-emails/1d8c1d5c-d5d8-4c8c-9f22-54fdc17e5017