Windows 10: SSL Error preventing connection in Windows 10 - Potential Culprit Malwarebytes?

Discus and support SSL Error preventing connection in Windows 10 - Potential Culprit Malwarebytes? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; God bless anyone who can help me with this one... About 9 days now that Ive had connectivity problems on my windows 10 laptop. After a myriad of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mdw05c, Nov 25, 2018.

1. mdw05c Win User

SSL Error preventing connection in Windows 10 - Potential Culprit Malwarebytes?

God bless anyone who can help me with this one...

About 9 days now that Ive had connectivity problems on my windows 10 laptop. After a myriad of troubleshooting efforts turned up nothing, I finally pinpointed the issue as an SSL error. HTTP sites work fine, HTTPS do not. Some apps fall into the former category (FB Messenger works fine), some do not (Netflix, Whatsapp Web). Furthermore, using SSLUnblocker.com allows me to access any secure site without issue. Ive confirmed the following:

--Date and Time are fine (synced to web etc etc)
    --SSL Certs in Internet Options have been reset
    --Issue is Browser independant, but ive still reset all browsers just to be safe
    --Disabling Firewall or Antivirus does nothing
    --Flushdns, Winsock, Netsh Commands do nothing (Feel free to reccomend incase ive missed some, but ive tried dozens)
    --Host File editing or deletion has no effect
    --Static DNS (8888,8844) likewise has no effect; SSL 3.0 is innefective
    --Disabling or removing VPN adapters does nothing; LAN is not proxy dependant

Im sure there are some other things im missing here that ive already tried, but to be certain, I uninstalled some different software early on in troubleshooting this, including Avast and Malwarebytes. I decided to reinstall them to experiment in a few different ways, tinkering with Avast's SSL Scanning, and scanning for malware once more via Malwarebytes (I checked several times towards the beginning). Doing this has given me my second break in cracking this thing; while running a scan in Malwarebytes, during the 3-4minutes the scan takes, I suddenly have full web access - including both browser and apps.

I feel like Im loosing my mind over this. Malwarebytes consistently turns up nothing, but - and perhaps my memory is playing tricks on me at this point - I vaguely remember the start of whole issue coinciding with the end of my Malwarebytes premium trial. Could this be something Malwarebytes isnt detecting? Could Malwarebytes itself have corrupted some setting on my system, something it would have left behind even after i'd uninstalled it completely up till now?

:)

mdw05c, Nov 25, 2018
  2. Finn Joe Win User

SSL connection error

There are few more checks which you can go through.

• Check if your firewall turned on, if on try to disable for a moments and try again.
    • Turned off your antivirus for a moment.
    • Update your Browser
    This is also the reasons of this problem. check here How To Resolve SSL Connection Error [Resolved] 2018 Updated | Beencrypted

Finn Joe, Nov 25, 2018
  3. SSL connection error

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check if that helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-11

Try the below methods and check if the internet connection works fine:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run the “Internet Connection and Network Adapter troubleshooter” to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow the steps mentioned below:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” in the search box and hit enter.
    • Select “Network and Internet” option.
    • First select “Internet connections” troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    • Then select “Network Adapter” troubleshooter and then follow the on-screen instructions.
    Method 2:

If you are using any Proxy connection, then try disabling the proxy connection and check.

Follow the steps to disable proxy:

• Click the Settings icon at the top right corner in internet explorer.
    • Click the Tools button, and then click
      Internet Options.
    • Click the Connections tab, and then click
      LAN settings.
    • Uncheck the box next to “proxy server for your LAN”.
    • Click on OK to save the setting and close window.
    Now check the issue by opening Edge.

Refer to the link for additional information.

Wired and wireless network problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/...3&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Nov 25, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

1. SSL Error preventing connection in Windows 10 - Potential Culprit Malwarebytes? - Similar Threads - SSL Error preventing

2. Error SSL CONNECT ERROR When i try open software

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error SSL CONNECT ERROR When i try open software: I tried use Vpn, restart pc, nothing worked I USED TMAC- MAC CHANGER MAYBE THATS THE PROBLEM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-ssl-connect-error-when-i-try-open-software/32d612e1-aefe-4f2e-bd56-df854cf9f497
  3. Error SSL CONNECT ERROR When i try open software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error SSL CONNECT ERROR When i try open software: I tried use Vpn, restart pc, nothing worked I USED TMAC- MAC CHANGER MAYBE THATS THE PROBLEM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-ssl-connect-error-when-i-try-open-software/32d612e1-aefe-4f2e-bd56-df854cf9f497
  4. Error SSL CONNECT ERROR When i try open software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. SSL? errors on my Windows PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSL? errors on my Windows PC: For the past month or two, I've been getting SSL connection errors randomly when loading sites or playing games that request external resources from sites.This is not 100% of the time but is still very annoyingI don't know if this is an SSL issue or whatever but I have done...
  6. SSL? errors on my Windows PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSL? errors on my Windows PC: For the past month or two, I've been getting SSL connection errors randomly when loading sites or playing games that request external resources from sites.This is not 100% of the time but is still very annoyingI don't know if this is an SSL issue or whatever but I have done...
  7. SSL Errors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SSL Errors: submitted by /u/RealProgrammerPlays [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fnungy/ssl_errors/
  8. Malwarebytes Prevents Me from Disabling It - "Error 5 Access Denied"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malwarebytes Prevents Me from Disabling It - "Error 5 Access Denied": I got the free version of malwarebytes installed. When i go to services to disable it, I get a popup says "Error 5: access denied." Is this normal? If not what should I do about it? 147199
  9. Malwarebytes and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Malwarebytes and Windows 10: Can anyone tell me in a simple way how to install Malwarebytes on a Windows 10 computer? I have attempted it and when the installation falls over I am presented with a message reporting an Error 5 and no access to service. I've looked on various forums and YouTube but...
  10. invalid ssl error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    invalid ssl error: hi, I have this problem where some websites such as epicgames.com, store.steampowered.com and discord.gg do not work and instead show the invalid ssl certificate / insecure connection error. This happens on every browser, including the native epic games and steam clients. I...