Windows 10: ssl for emails

Discus and support ssl for emails in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; my deeswk top wont display emails it did but not now ? Moved from: Windows 10 / Ease of access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by larryroberson1, Aug 21, 2018.

1. ssl for emails

my deeswk top wont display emails it did but not now ?

Moved from: Windows 10 / Ease of access

:)

larryroberson1, Aug 21, 2018
  2. John Ado Win User

changing SSL certification in Windows 10 Mail

Hi,

Assuming you are seeing the error: "There is a problem with the server's security certificate. The security certificate is not from a trusted certifying authority.", it often happens when you don't use SSL to secure your email account. To fix this error,
    use the following steps:

• Choose Settings > Manage Accounts.
    • Choose the account that's out-of-date to display the account settings dialog.
    • Choose Change mailbox sync settings > Advanced mailbox settings. You may have to scroll down in the dialog to see Advanced mailbox settings.
    • Check the boxes for Require SSL for incoming email and
      Require SSL for outgoing email
      and then choose Done >
      Save

Let us know how it goes.

John Ado, Aug 21, 2018
  3. I cannot access secured ssl website to check email

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Forums.

I understand that you are experiencing issue with checking email on SSL websites after upgrade to Windows 10. I would certainly help you with this.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• What happens when you try to access the SSl websites? Do you get any error message? If yes, what is the complete and exact error message?
    • Does the issue persists with both Microsoft Edge and Internet explorer?
    If the issue appears with Internet Explorer as well, we can try clearing SSL state. let's try these steps below to do so:

Try to clear the SSL state from Internet Options and check.

• Press Windows key+R key to open Run prompt.
    • Type inetcpl.cpl and press enter.
    • go to the Content tab.
    • Click on Clear SSL state and press o.
    • Close and reopen Internet Explorer and check.

If the issue reappears, then do the following.

• In Windows Internet Explorer, click Continue to this website (not recommended).

A red Address Bar and a certificate warning appear.
    • Click the Certificate Error button to open the information window.
    • Click View Certificates, and then click Install Certificate.
    • On the warning message that appears, click Yes to install the certificate.
    Restart Internet Explorer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps. Please let us know the results. Feel free to write us back for any further assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Mann_Manohar, Aug 21, 2018
  4. dalchina Win User

ssl for emails

new email

Outlook - Freeserve mail setup | Email settings

Freeserve settings

What Are the Gmail SMTP Server Settings?
    Gmail SMTP
    Gmail POP3 Settings

• Gmail POP port: 995
    • Gmail POP TLS/SSL required: yes
    - I just did a couple of general internet searches for you.

I'm not sure that you can transfer emails from one server to another unless you have some offer to do that.

Consider using an email client such as Thunderbird, which can receive and store emails on your PC. I have emails going back many years.

(Of course, also back up your PC!)

dalchina, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

ssl for emails

1. ssl for emails - Similar Threads - ssl emails

2. SSL handshake failed when trying to update Bodno software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSL handshake failed when trying to update Bodno software: SSL handshake failed when trying to update Bodno software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssl-handshake-failed-when-trying-to-update-bodno/602a5ca1-c6c0-42fc-915a-0edc59a1c79a
  3. SSL handshake failed when trying to update Bodno software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSL handshake failed when trying to update Bodno software: SSL handshake failed when trying to update Bodno software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssl-handshake-failed-when-trying-to-update-bodno/602a5ca1-c6c0-42fc-915a-0edc59a1c79a
  4. SSL handshake failed when trying to update Bodno software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Will downloading an SSL certificate on my computer, or installing it on my browser allow...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will downloading an SSL certificate on my computer, or installing it on my browser allow...: Will downloading an SSL certificate on my computer, or installing it on my browser allow someone to hack my computer? Will it allow someone to monitor my activities on Browser? My employer wanted me to install an SSL certificate. I downloaded the certificate on my computer,...
  6. Will downloading an SSL certificate on my computer, or installing it on my browser allow...

Will downloading an SSL certificate on my computer, or installing it on my browser allow...: Will downloading an SSL certificate on my computer, or installing it on my browser allow someone to hack my computer? Will it allow someone to monitor my activities on Browser? My employer wanted me to install an SSL certificate. I downloaded the certificate on my computer,...
  7. Will downloading an SSL certificate on my computer, or installing it on my browser allow...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. How do we enable Kyber cipher suites via gpo for the ssl registry keys?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do we enable Kyber cipher suites via gpo for the ssl registry keys?: I've been attempting to enable Kyber ciphers via the registry key Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\CipherSuitesBut I can't find a format to follow anywhere; I know it runs off TLS1.2, and 1.3, which we have enabled. I'd...
  9. How do we enable Kyber cipher suites via gpo for the ssl registry keys?

How do we enable Kyber cipher suites via gpo for the ssl registry keys?: I've been attempting to enable Kyber ciphers via the registry key Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\CipherSuitesBut I can't find a format to follow anywhere; I know it runs off TLS1.2, and 1.3, which we have enabled. I'd...
  10. Random SSL errors and connection timeout messages on many different websites/browsers

Random SSL errors and connection timeout messages on many different websites/browsers: I get random SSL errors and connection timeout messages on many different websites. It was working fine until a couple of months ago. It makes the internet unusable. It is only on this Windows 11 machine which has been fully updated. I have a Windows 10 machine right next to...