Windows 10: SSL issues in Virtual Machines when using HyperV

Discus and support SSL issues in Virtual Machines when using HyperV in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, I've been using HyperV to host virtual machines I need for work, but no matter what Linux distribution I am running, I am encountering SSL... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Robb Manes, May 1, 2020.

1. SSL issues in Virtual Machines when using HyperV

Hi all,

I've been using HyperV to host virtual machines I need for work, but no matter what Linux distribution I am running, I am encountering SSL errors whenever I reach out to remote endpoints. This seems to reliably happen whenever distributions need to perform updates.

An example, taken from Fedora, is the following:

- Curl error 56: Failure when receiving data from the peer for https://mirror.arizona.edu/fedora/linux/updates/32/Modular/x86_64/repodata/8fdc2bcaa48486a14679e134b5aa6a24a74e5d175c4f1
    abe1ee764956eaa7914-filelists.xml.zck [OpenSSL SSL_read: error:140943FC:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:sslv3 alert bad record mac, errno 0]

But the issue persists with brand new fresh installs of Ubuntu, Arch, and CentOS. This being said, I suspect something with the HyperV network switch or something interfering with SSL between the VM and the home router. I have quite a few Linux boxes in the same network and they all work fine, just not any Linux system running in HyperV, on this machine.

I'd appreciate feedback on how to troubleshoot this further. I can do a lot of things from the Linux side, but don't really understand how HyperV functions. This is using Windows 10 Pro: Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363. Thanks!

:)

Robb Manes, May 1, 2020

2. Hyper-V Virtual Machine not recognised

Hello, I only recently have started using Hyper-v and I am very confused by the error i am receiving. I have tried to look for help everywhere and it seems nothing works.

I am trying to import the IE10.Win7.HyperV virtual machine but when i try select this folder it just goes straight over to select virtual machine with the box saying "no virtual machine files found"

When i try with the actual file C:\Users\HORSO14\Downloads\IE10.Win7.HyperV\Virtual Machines it comes up with the error code "The file C:\Users\HORSO14\Downloads\IE10.Win7.HyperV\Virtual Machines could not be found, you might not have access to it."

If its any consolation there is no snapshots folder inside the IE10.Win7.HyperV folder, it only includes the Virtual Machine and Virtual hard disk folders.

I would greatly appreciate any walkthroughs on this topic

OscarHorsey, May 1, 2020
  3. HyperV machine is corrupted

Dears all,

I have a win server 2012 R2 hosting backup domain controller on a virtual machine, suddenly we came last week and we found the virtual machine unable to boot the win server, we have tried to do all possible suggestion from the internet without luck.

kindly note that we don't have any snapshots or backup for the virtual machine,

is there any tool to fix this issue? or in such cases what we must to do?

Thank you,

IbrahimMigdad, May 1, 2020
  4. SSL issues in Virtual Machines when using HyperV

Repair HyperV Machine Boot (VHDX)

Davichin
    In the morning I feel my suggestions were a bit over-complicated; the easiest way should be:
    - add second vhdx into the same virtual machine
    - install win10 on it using ltsc iso
    - add bootmenu entry for rescued system using easybcd.
    Other steps are unnecessary.

muchomurka, May 1, 2020
Thema:

SSL issues in Virtual Machines when using HyperV

1. SSL issues in Virtual Machines when using HyperV - Similar Threads - SSL issues Virtual

2. HyperV Virtual Machine Not Covering Full-Screen - Ubuntu- Linux - 2022

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HyperV Virtual Machine Not Covering Full-Screen - Ubuntu- Linux - 2022: How to get a HyperV Virtual Machine to go Full-Screen - Ubuntu/LinuxI've found an answer to this question, but no thanks to the answers left on another similar question. That question is locked, so I was not able to comment the solution.If you're running a Linux virtual...
  3. HyperV Virtual Machine Not Covering Full-Screen - Ubuntu- Linux - 2022

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HyperV Virtual Machine Not Covering Full-Screen - Ubuntu- Linux - 2022: How to get a HyperV Virtual Machine to go Full-Screen - Ubuntu/LinuxI've found an answer to this question, but no thanks to the answers left on another similar question. That question is locked, so I was not able to comment the solution.If you're running a Linux virtual...
  4. Will Windows 11 run in a HyperV virtual machine?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will Windows 11 run in a HyperV virtual machine?: How will Windows 11 be supported in a HyperV Virtual machine with full TPM support hosted on a W11 Client? I mean full support of TPM. Not only Bitlocker but also storing other private keys in TPM....
  5. Will Windows 11 run in a HyperV virtual machine?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will Windows 11 run in a HyperV virtual machine?: How will Windows 11 be supported in a HyperV Virtual machine with full TPM support hosted on a W11 Client? I mean full support of TPM. Not only Bitlocker but also storing other private keys in TPM....
  6. using product keys on virtual machines

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    using product keys on virtual machines: If i use a windows 10 product key, how can i remove the key so that i can use it on another device, do i simply delete the virtual machine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-product-keys-on-virtual-machines/d720704e-b31b-4507-8732-934e84cf205e
  7. Repair HyperV Machine Boot (VHDX)

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Repair HyperV Machine Boot (VHDX): Hi everyone. I have a big problem and I'm going crazy. Let's see if someone can help me. I have a virtualized windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 in its HyperV vhdx file, but I have inadvertently deleted the boot partition and now the HyperV does not start the machine. I do not...
  8. Issues with Hyper-V Virtual Machines

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues with Hyper-V Virtual Machines: Hi all, I'm running Ubuntu 19.04 in a Hyper-V Virtual Machine. It's configured to use Hyper-V's "Default Switch" network adapter, but for some reason, the VM doesn't seem to get internet access. My computer is connected to the Internet (both through Wi-Fi and Ethernet). I've...
  9. Virtual Machine Running Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Virtual Machine Running Issue: Hi Guys... I am using VM Ware Workstation Pro 15, I want to run virtual machine on it. It displays an error is (VMware Workstation and Device/Credential Guard are not compatible. VMware Workstation can be run after disabling Device/Credential Guard.)...
  10. Virtual Machine - Troubleshoot Performance Issues

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Virtual Machine - Troubleshoot Performance Issues: How to: Virtual Machine - Troubleshoot Performance Issues How to Troubleshoot Slow Performance of a Virtual Machine [img] Information This tutorial will be assuming you are using Windows 10 as your host OS and using VMWare Player for virtualization, although these...