Windows 10: SSL/TLS channel

Discus and support SSL/TLS channel in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Since a few days I get the message ; " The request is cancelled , can not make a secured SSL/TLS channel " , when trying to update a program in Win10 ,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by pietcorus2, Nov 7, 2019.

1. SSL/TLS channel

Since a few days I get the message ; " The request is cancelled , can not make a secured SSL/TLS channel " , when trying to update a program in Win10 , on IE11.
    Very strange , seen this message never before !
    Any idea , would be very welcome .............*Smile

:)

pietcorus2, Nov 7, 2019

2. TLS AND SSL

WOULD YOU KINDLY ADVISE ME IF THE FOLLOWING SHOULD BE ENABLED ON MY COMPUTER SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0 TLS 1.0 TLS 1.1 TLS 1.2.

moirabartle, Nov 7, 2019
  3. TLS AND SSL

TLS 1.0 TLS 1.1 TLS 1.2 should be enabled not SSL 2.0 or 3.0 as there are security vuls for SSL 2.0 / 3.0 which can be exploited.

There is also a security advisory from Microsoft for SSL 3.0 - Vulnerability in SSL 3.0 Could Allow Information Disclosure -

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/security-updat...

Vijay_Verma, Nov 7, 2019
  4. curatia Win User

SSL/TLS channel

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

SSL/TLS channel

1. SSL/TLS channel - Similar Threads - SSL TLS channel

2. TLS Error on Websites that have passed SSL Lab and TLS settings are correct- WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    TLS Error on Websites that have passed SSL Lab and TLS settings are correct- WINDOWS 10: On Internet Explorer 11, I have set my GPO to only use 1.1 and 1.2. There are a couple sites I go to that I get TLS errors on. I go to SSL Labs site and the sites get an A saying that only 1.1 and 1.2 are being used. I've talked to the sites and they are using 1.1 and 1.2. By...
  3. TLS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    TLS: Running WIN 10 and VIASAT Browser- Continually get messages with suggestions as to what the problem is when trying to connect to the internet. However, there are no instructions on how to change TLS to default setting....
  4. SSL/TLS

in Windows 10 Customization
    SSL/TLS: I get an error that SSL/TLS is not setup. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssltls/5e109a29-7523-4251-b40d-60a342189920
  5. SSL/TLS White List

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SSL/TLS White List: i tried to open a program but this shows ?! [ATTACH] Details See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text ************** System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was...
  6. ssl for emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ssl for emails: my deeswk top wont display emails it did but not now ? Moved from: Windows 10 / Ease of access https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/ssl-for-emails/1d8c1d5c-d5d8-4c8c-9f22-54fdc17e5017
  7. tls error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    tls error: Hello I am trying to get on my jobs website and this error is popping up how do I fix this issue? I am running on a Windows 10. Thank You so much for your help. I just change internet companies and this is a new problem because it wasn't doing this before....
  8. How do I enable SSL and TLS options in Edge and Chrome?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I enable SSL and TLS options in Edge and Chrome?: When I go to certain websites, I get a message from the websites that says my browser is not secure. It recommends enabling SSL and TLS options or updating my browser. Both my Edge and Chrome browsers are up to date. I do not see any such setting in either of them. I do not...
  9. How Can You View The SSL/TLS Certificate in Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How Can You View The SSL/TLS Certificate in Microsoft Edge: In Internet Explorer you could click on the HTTPS padlock in the address bar and click 'View Certificates', or right-click on the webpage and go to Properties > Certificates. How can you view the SSL/TLS Certificate in Microsoft Edge, without switching back to Internet...
  10. Deprecation of SHA-1 for SSL/TLS Certificates in Microsoft Edge & IE11

in Windows 10 News
    Deprecation of SHA-1 for SSL/TLS Certificates in Microsoft Edge & IE11: Microsoft Security Advisory 4010323 Deprecation of SHA-1 for SSL/TLS Certificates in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11 Published: May 9, 2017 Version: 1.0 Executive Summary Beginning May 9, 2017, Microsoft released updates to Microsoft Edge and Internet...