Windows 10: SSL/TLS channel

Discus and support SSL/TLS channel in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Since a few days I get the message ; " The request is cancelled , can not make a secured SSL/TLS channel " , when trying to update a program in Win10 ,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by pietcorus2, Nov 7, 2019.

1. SSL/TLS channel

Since a few days I get the message ; " The request is cancelled , can not make a secured SSL/TLS channel " , when trying to update a program in Win10 , on IE11.
    Very strange , seen this message never before !
    Any idea , would be very welcome .............*Smile

:)

pietcorus2, Nov 7, 2019

2. TLS AND SSL

WOULD YOU KINDLY ADVISE ME IF THE FOLLOWING SHOULD BE ENABLED ON MY COMPUTER SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0 TLS 1.0 TLS 1.1 TLS 1.2.

moirabartle, Nov 7, 2019
  3. TLS AND SSL

TLS 1.0 TLS 1.1 TLS 1.2 should be enabled not SSL 2.0 or 3.0 as there are security vuls for SSL 2.0 / 3.0 which can be exploited.

There is also a security advisory from Microsoft for SSL 3.0 - Vulnerability in SSL 3.0 Could Allow Information Disclosure -

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/security-updat...

Vijay_Verma, Nov 7, 2019
  4. curatia Win User

SSL/TLS channel

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

SSL/TLS channel

1. SSL/TLS channel - Similar Threads - SSL TLS channel

2. Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel: I'm currently trying to download updates via Lenovo Thinkvantage Update Retriever, however, I'm receiving the following error:The software encountered an issue unexpectedly and was unable to handle the specific issue: Error for->...
  3. Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel: I'm currently trying to download updates via Lenovo Thinkvantage Update Retriever, however, I'm receiving the following error:The software encountered an issue unexpectedly and was unable to handle the specific issue: Error for->...
  4. How to resolve The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to resolve The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.: Am getting this error on my project in Visual Basic 2019while traying to use API to send some data See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time JIT debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text ************** System.Net.WebException:...
  5. How to use Defender Endpoint to find versions of SSL and TLS on the network

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to use Defender Endpoint to find versions of SSL and TLS on the network: I'd like to use Defender Endpoint to identify all open SSL and TLS ports, and the versions of SSL and TLS on them. Can that be done with a Kusto query? If so, what is the query? I've been looking in the query interface itself, plus Github and web searches and can't find...
  6. A Web Excpetion occured: the request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS Secure channel.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A Web Excpetion occured: the request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS Secure channel.: Hey i am trying to install an extension to a program but whenever i try to launch the application it seems to have a problem. I have tried allowing it through the firewall and changing some of the internet options Certificate requirements but to no luck i should also note...
  7. TLS Error on Websites that have passed SSL Lab and TLS settings are correct- WINDOWS 10

TLS Error on Websites that have passed SSL Lab and TLS settings are correct- WINDOWS 10: On Internet Explorer 11, I have set my GPO to only use 1.1 and 1.2. There are a couple sites I go to that I get TLS errors on. I go to SSL Labs site and the sites get an A saying that only 1.1 and 1.2 are being used. I've talked to the sites and they are using 1.1 and 1.2. By...
  8. SSL/TLS

SSL/TLS: I get an error that SSL/TLS is not setup. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssltls/5e109a29-7523-4251-b40d-60a342189920
  9. SSL/TLS White List

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SSL/TLS White List: i tried to open a program but this shows ?! [ATTACH] Details See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text ************** System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was...
  10. How do I enable SSL and TLS options in Edge and Chrome?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I enable SSL and TLS options in Edge and Chrome?: When I go to certain websites, I get a message from the websites that says my browser is not secure. It recommends enabling SSL and TLS options or updating my browser. Both my Edge and Chrome browsers are up to date. I do not see any such setting in either of them. I do not...