Windows 10: SSL/TLS White List

Discus and support SSL/TLS White List in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; i tried to open a program but this shows ?! [ATTACH] Details See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RarNan, Oct 6, 2018.

1. RarNan Win User

SSL/TLS White List

i tried to open a program but this shows ?!

SSL/TLS White List unknown.png

Details
    See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel. ---> System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.
    at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendAuthResetSignal(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest, Exception exception)
    at System.Net.Security.SslState.CheckCompletionBeforeNextReceive(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
    at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendBlob(Byte[] incoming, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
    at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessReceivedBlob(Byte[] buffer, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
    at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReadFrame(Byte[] buffer, Int32 readBytes, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
    at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
    at System.Net.Security.SslState.CheckCompletionBeforeNextReceive(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
    at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendBlob(Byte[] incoming, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
    at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessReceivedBlob(Byte[] buffer, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
    at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReadFrame(Byte[] buffer, Int32 readBytes, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
    at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
    at System.Net.Security.SslState.ForceAuthentication(Boolean receiveFirst, Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
    at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
    at System.Net.TlsStream.CallProcessAuthentication(Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Net.TlsStream.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult result)
    at System.Net.TlsStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
    at System.Net.PooledStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
    at System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeaders(Boolean async)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request)
    at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(Uri address)
    at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(String address)
    at q^4f|I}YtHo(\*LDk}K1(tLw2.Ѥﬦﬨﬣѣשׁשׁﬠﬦﬥﬣﬧﬠѡﬧѣﬧѡﬡ﬩ѢﬧѤﬡﬦﬧﬦﬦשׁﬦﬠﬦﬢѡ﬩ﬢﬡﬡﬡﬡdZOXjOFgxpdkugJLcYrMVPEppyPM1%HhP+{q[cA=?r&CZ7-zu3+o!(WebClient , String )
    at q^4f|I}YtHo(\*LDk}K1(tLw2.שׁѣﬥѡѣﬠשׁѠѡѣﬥѠﬥﬦѣѣﬥѤ﬩﬩ﬦѤ﬩ﬧﬥѤﬠﬡﬣѡѥ﬩ﬤѢﬨѠѡﬡѡLNFCvtxlPbGCxCDffIKlcCrwyaIfAZRr c=~lMdw)Qyg@$ZDA]UTx!(Object , EventArgs )
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3190.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    Nonsense Diamond
    Assembly Version: 1.2.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/tesr/AppData/Local/Temp/Rar$EXa9308.3975/Nonsense%20Diamond/Nonsense%20Diamond.exe
    dcHPiEYySBGAqYfdtLHowyJLILst
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/tesr/AppData/Local/Temp/Rar$EXa9308.3975/Nonsense%20Diamond/Nonsense%20Diamond.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    drzWRHVNUpbTgfSNqnqOVfSGdZwn
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
    System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    Bunifu_UI_v1.5.3
    Assembly Version: 1.5.3.0
    Win32 Version: 1.5.3.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/tesr/AppData/Local/Temp/Rar$EXa9308.3975/Nonsense%20Diamond/Bunifu_UI_v1.5.3.DLL
    FlatUI
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/tesr/AppData/Local/Temp/Rar$EXa9308.3975/Nonsense%20Diamond/FlatUI.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

:)

RarNan, Oct 6, 2018
  2. curatia Win User

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Oct 6, 2018
  3. TLS security setting

We appreciate your response and the confirmation. To troubleshoot, we suggest the following steps:

• In the Windows Search bar, type Internet Options.
    • Open the app and got to the Advanced tab.
    • In the Security section, scroll down and add a checkmark to the following:
      Use SSL 3.0

Use TLS 1.0

Use TLS 1.1

Use TLS 1.2
    • After adding a checkmark, click on Apply then OK
      to save changes.

Give us an update about how it went so we can provide additional help.

Kind regards.

Jennifer Cha, Oct 6, 2018
  4. SSL/TLS White List

TLS security setting

I have been trying to figure this out for days. I seen this info and I fixed it in 20 seconds!!! TY so much!!!! Tammy

tammy333bowers, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

SSL/TLS White List

1. SSL/TLS White List - Similar Threads - SSL TLS White

2. Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel: I'm currently trying to download updates via Lenovo Thinkvantage Update Retriever, however, I'm receiving the following error:The software encountered an issue unexpectedly and was unable to handle the specific issue: Error for->...
  3. Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel: I'm currently trying to download updates via Lenovo Thinkvantage Update Retriever, however, I'm receiving the following error:The software encountered an issue unexpectedly and was unable to handle the specific issue: Error for->...
  4. How to use Defender Endpoint to find versions of SSL and TLS on the network

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to use Defender Endpoint to find versions of SSL and TLS on the network: I'd like to use Defender Endpoint to identify all open SSL and TLS ports, and the versions of SSL and TLS on them. Can that be done with a Kusto query? If so, what is the query? I've been looking in the query interface itself, plus Github and web searches and can't find...
  5. SSL/TLS channel

in Browsers and Email
    SSL/TLS channel: Since a few days I get the message ; " The request is cancelled , can not make a secured SSL/TLS channel " , when trying to update a program in Win10 , on IE11. Very strange , seen this message never before ! Any idea , would be very welcome .............*Smile 143944
  6. TLS Error on Websites that have passed SSL Lab and TLS settings are correct- WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    TLS Error on Websites that have passed SSL Lab and TLS settings are correct- WINDOWS 10: On Internet Explorer 11, I have set my GPO to only use 1.1 and 1.2. There are a couple sites I go to that I get TLS errors on. I go to SSL Labs site and the sites get an A saying that only 1.1 and 1.2 are being used. I've talked to the sites and they are using 1.1 and 1.2. By...
  7. SSL/TLS

in Windows 10 Customization
    SSL/TLS: I get an error that SSL/TLS is not setup. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssltls/5e109a29-7523-4251-b40d-60a342189920
  8. How do I enable SSL and TLS options in Edge and Chrome?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I enable SSL and TLS options in Edge and Chrome?: When I go to certain websites, I get a message from the websites that says my browser is not secure. It recommends enabling SSL and TLS options or updating my browser. Both my Edge and Chrome browsers are up to date. I do not see any such setting in either of them. I do not...
  9. White List?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White List?: Is there a white list that can be used with the UAC? I believe this would work rather well. When the UAC screen would popup, the user would have several options to choose from. First the user could select NO I don't want to run this program - end of discussion. Secondly the...
  10. Deprecation of SHA-1 for SSL/TLS Certificates in Microsoft Edge & IE11

in Windows 10 News
    Deprecation of SHA-1 for SSL/TLS Certificates in Microsoft Edge & IE11: Microsoft Security Advisory 4010323 Deprecation of SHA-1 for SSL/TLS Certificates in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11 Published: May 9, 2017 Version: 1.0 Executive Summary Beginning May 9, 2017, Microsoft released updates to Microsoft Edge and Internet...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. SSL white list