Windows 10: SSL/TLS

Discus and support SSL/TLS in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I get an error that SSL/TLS is not setup. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssltls/5e109a29-7523-4251-b40d-60a342189920 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BobDorothy, Dec 26, 2018.

1. SSL/TLS

I get an error that SSL/TLS is not setup. What do I do?

:)

BobDorothy, Dec 26, 2018

2. TLS AND SSL

WOULD YOU KINDLY ADVISE ME IF THE FOLLOWING SHOULD BE ENABLED ON MY COMPUTER SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0 TLS 1.0 TLS 1.1 TLS 1.2.

moirabartle, Dec 26, 2018
  3. TLS AND SSL

TLS 1.0 TLS 1.1 TLS 1.2 should be enabled not SSL 2.0 or 3.0 as there are security vuls for SSL 2.0 / 3.0 which can be exploited.

There is also a security advisory from Microsoft for SSL 3.0 - Vulnerability in SSL 3.0 Could Allow Information Disclosure -

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/security-updat...

Vijay_Verma, Dec 26, 2018
  4. curatia Win User

SSL/TLS

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

SSL/TLS

1. SSL/TLS - Similar Threads - SSL TLS

2. Question: Where do I get SSL/TLS and how do I download it to Windows 11 PRO?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question: Where do I get SSL/TLS and how do I download it to Windows 11 PRO?: I am using the most updated version of Windows 11 PRO but two of my internet driven applications are not able to run due to the following error”Network Error - SSL/TLS support not installed, cannot fetch: …..two different programs.Where do I go to download SSL/TLS.Thanks for...
  3. Question: Where do I get SSL/TLS and how do I download it to Windows 11 PRO?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question: Where do I get SSL/TLS and how do I download it to Windows 11 PRO?: I am using the most updated version of Windows 11 PRO but two of my internet driven applications are not able to run due to the following error”Network Error - SSL/TLS support not installed, cannot fetch: …..two different programs.Where do I go to download SSL/TLS.Thanks for...
  4. Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel: I'm currently trying to download updates via Lenovo Thinkvantage Update Retriever, however, I'm receiving the following error:The software encountered an issue unexpectedly and was unable to handle the specific issue: Error for->...
  5. Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel

Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel: I'm currently trying to download updates via Lenovo Thinkvantage Update Retriever, however, I'm receiving the following error:The software encountered an issue unexpectedly and was unable to handle the specific issue: Error for->...
  6. Windows Server 2012 R2 Exchange 2016 server Blue Screens after disabling TLS/SSL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Server 2012 R2 Exchange 2016 server Blue Screens after disabling TLS/SSL: Hi. I have a Windows Server 2012 R2 with Exchange Server 2016 installed with Exchange2016-KB5019758-x64-en.exe installed. I am attempting to harden the server so that I can install Extended Protection Extended Protection - Microsoft - CSS-Exchange . I followed the article at...
  7. Windows Server 2012 R2 Exchange 2016 server Blue Screens after disabling TLS/SSL

Windows Server 2012 R2 Exchange 2016 server Blue Screens after disabling TLS/SSL: Hi. I have a Windows Server 2012 R2 with Exchange Server 2016 installed with Exchange2016-KB5019758-x64-en.exe installed. I am attempting to harden the server so that I can install Extended Protection Extended Protection - Microsoft - CSS-Exchange . I followed the article at...
  8. Epic Games Launcher fails to start due to untrusted SSL/TLS certificates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Epic Games Launcher fails to start due to untrusted SSL/TLS certificates: Hi all,I have a weird thing going on with my Epic Games Launcher installation that I think I can attribute to a Windows certificate problem.So the Epic Games Launcher was working fine for a long while, until suddenly it started producing errors about "unable to connect to...
  9. Epic Games Launcher fails to start due to untrusted SSL/TLS certificates

Epic Games Launcher fails to start due to untrusted SSL/TLS certificates: Hi all,I have a weird thing going on with my Epic Games Launcher installation that I think I can attribute to a Windows certificate problem.So the Epic Games Launcher was working fine for a long while, until suddenly it started producing errors about "unable to connect to...
  10. How to resolve The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to resolve The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.: Am getting this error on my project in Visual Basic 2019while traying to use API to send some data See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time JIT debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text ************** System.Net.WebException:...