Windows 10: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG when accessing Google

Discus and support SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG when accessing Google in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; All of a sudden, I get this message when trying to access Google: Error code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG This happens when I try to access the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rivre, Jun 28, 2018.

1. rivre Win User

SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG when accessing Google

All of a sudden, I get this message when trying to access Google:

Error code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG

This happens when I try to access the advanced search page directly. It never used to happen until yesterday. I took the big spring Windows update 2 days ago, and Firefox also updated to v61.0 yesterday, so maybe that broke something?

If I go to Gmail (not log in), then try Google again, it usually works. Sometimes I have to go back and forth to Gmail a couple times before it works.

:)

rivre, Jun 28, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 28, 2018
  3. Unable to connect to Google servers

There are cases that web content are blocked due to proxy server settings. We suggest that you remove the check mark on the the proxy server box, follow the steps below:

• Type Internet Options in the Ask me anything bar.
    • Click on Connections tab.
    • Click on LAN settings.
    • Remove check in Proxy server box.
    Once done, access your Google apps and check if issue persist.

Send your post to keep us updated on how the steps goes.

Darwin Dim, Jun 28, 2018
  4. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Jun 28, 2018
Thema:

1. SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG when accessing Google - Similar Threads - SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG accessing Google

2. Unable to access Google Chrome

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to access Google Chrome: When I try to open Google Chrome is says: "You'll need to ask to use this app. You can't use Google Chrome because of your family safety settings, but it doesn't hurt to ask" This just started this morning, but I haven't changed my settings. I tried to follow the...
  3. Allowing Microsoft to access Google

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Allowing Microsoft to access Google: Years ago, I had to let Microsoft access google so I could send some files to a client. Recently I had to use Microsoft and the files I sent to the old client were sent to them. How do I delete those files from being sent again every time use Microsoft as they are getting...
  4. Child access to Google Chrome

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Child access to Google Chrome: Time limits for google chrome have been turned off for my child, however he is still being closed out of Google Chrome and prompted to ask me for more time. I am not seeing an option for unlimited time other than the one that is currently checked. I am only seeing limited...
  5. Google Chrome asking for Parental Permissions when accessing

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Google Chrome asking for Parental Permissions when accessing: I installed google chrome on my laptop so I could play some browser game that don't work on Microsoft edge. and despite the face that I am an adult and Microsoft says that my account it a adult account every time I go to run chrome it says it has to ask for parental...
  6. Google Chrome access

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Google Chrome access: I can no longer access Google Chrome (Windows 10). I had access to Chrome up until about a week ago. I think this happened when I updated recently, but am not sure. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall. Nothing. I've followed lots of suggested steps. Nothing. I can't...
  7. Cannot access anything google

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access anything google: This problem started only this morning, I am using a surface pro 4 with windows 10. I've attempted to reach youtube, google, and gmail and none seem to work. But everything else does work, like IGN, Facebook, and Microsoft.com. I've done a dns flush, I've reset the modem...
  8. Google classroom is not working/accessible

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google classroom is not working/accessible: I can't access a specific website which is google classroom. I can access it through other laptops and mobile devices. I used google chrome, internet explorer and firefox but still failed. I'm sure the problem is in my laptop. Please help....
  9. Can't access Google services.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access Google services.: Greetings, Before this latest update I could access google services using any browser. After this latest update I can't access google services at all using any browser. I have tried Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Opera. They all give me an error message. Any suggestions?...
  10. accessing google

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    accessing google: How come I get a TLS Security Setting error message when I attemp to log on to Google? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_10/accessing-google/f5ac823d-f2f3-4223-9575-c201bbd73c04