Windows 10: SSMAforAccess crash when migrating data

Discus and support SSMAforAccess crash when migrating data in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! Got a weird problem with SSMA v8.12 and haven't found anything on the internet that got me closer to a resolution. SSMA crashes at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by renehug, Aug 14, 2020.

1. renehug Win User

SSMAforAccess crash when migrating data

Hello!

Got a weird problem with SSMA v8.12 and haven't found anything on the internet that got me closer to a resolution.

SSMA crashes at the migration data step. All previous steps work fine. Tables are migrated. As soon as the data migration step starts, it tries to connect but then the SSMA tool just crashes.

My sytem: Windows 10 64-bit; O365 64-bit; Target is SQL Server 2019, local instance. The MS Access database is also local. An older version of the SSMA tool has worked on the system. Unfortunately I don't have the old version anymore. I can see what potentially the problem could be but I'm clueless how to fix it.

Has anybody seen the same and found a solution? Thanks!

Application error event log:

Faulting application name: SSMAforAccess.exe, version: 8.12.20209.1, time stamp: 0xd69b7b8c

Faulting module name: mso.dll, version: 14.0.7257.5000, time stamp: 0x5f1b286b

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000000435267

Faulting process ID: 0x20c4

Faulting application start time: 0x01d6729f71acefc6

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server Migration Assistant for Access\bin\SSMAforAccess.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\office14\mso.dll

Report ID: 5855fe5a-7e05-448e-8d05-81046638bff8

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

.NET Runtime error Event 1026

Application: SSMAforAccess.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException

at System.Data.OleDb.DataSourceWrapper.InitializeAndCreateSession

much more...

:)

renehug, Aug 14, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

QuickBooks crash while opening data file

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned that after Windows and QuickBooks update whenever you open a data file in QuickBooks, it crashes. We would like to know if any other programs are crashing apart from QuickBooks.

I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Repair QuickBooks

I suggest you to try repairing QuickBooks and then open data file in it. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and click on
      OK
    3. Look for QuickBooks application from the list, right click on it and select
      Repair.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the repair process.

If repairing QuickBooks didn’t fix the issue, please refer Method 2.

Method 2: Open Sample data file

You can try opening a Sample data file in QuickBooks and check if QuickBooks crash. If QuickBooks didn’t crash while opening Sample data file, I suspect that the data file that you are trying to open is causing the crash. In this case, I suggest you
    to contact the
    QuickBooks support
    team.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 14, 2020
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Aug 14, 2020
  4. JimP5 Win User

Lumia update stuck at migrating your data.

A normal power button shutdown worked on my Lumia 640. W10 upgrade stalled at migrating data, Step 20 of 22, 0%. I performed a shutdown. The phone restarted automatically. It showed it was migrating data at Step 1 of 3. It completed in a minute. The phone
    appears to be operating normally with W10 installed.

JimP5, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

1. SSMAforAccess crash when migrating data - Similar Threads - SSMAforAccess crash migrating

2. win 98 data migration?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 98 data migration?: I have an old software "StockIT" it's for inventory management and label printing, Its running on Win 98. I don't have a copy of that software to install it on a new device win 10. incredibly old and not supported anymore.So, I need the database or files moved from the old...
  3. win 98 data migration?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win 98 data migration?: I have an old software "StockIT" it's for inventory management and label printing, Its running on Win 98. I don't have a copy of that software to install it on a new device win 10. incredibly old and not supported anymore.So, I need the database or files moved from the old...
  4. Data Migration from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Data Migration from HDD to SSD: I recently bought a Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVME M.2 SSD to speed up my computer from the Seagate HDD I had been using. I am trying to move everything off of the HDD and onto the SSD. So, I have tried to use the Samsung Data Migration Software multiple times with each time it...
  5. Samsung data migration software clone

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Samsung data migration software clone: Cloning to my new samsung 860 EVO using their software, for one of my 5 PC's Seems very easy. software is saying about ah hour to finish. My spinner drive has gotten slow to the point of why put up with it anymore. Running latest oct update 2020 win 10 2H2O 2OH2 or whatever...
  6. Samsung data migration software clone

in Windows 10 Support
    Samsung data migration software clone: Cloning to my new samsung 860 EVO using their software, for one of my 5 PC's Seems very easy. software is saying about ah hour to finish. My spinner drive has gotten slow to the point of why put up with it anymore. Running latest oct update 2020 win 10 2H2O 2OH2 or whatever...
  7. Help with migrating data of Windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with migrating data of Windows: Hi everyone, I have a really outdated HDD and I'm going to buy an SSD, but I cannot afford 1TB. If I were to do a clean install onto the new drive, could I use the program files on the other drive? If not, is there any way that you can migrate just the Windows installation to...
  8. User to User Data Migration

in Windows 10 Customization
    User to User Data Migration: When I got my current device, I used my parents Microsoft account for the main user and administrator on it. Now that I have my own account, I want to make a user using my personal information, but everything is on the first account. Is there a way I can migrate all the data...
  9. OS and Data Migration Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OS and Data Migration Issues: I recently bought a new SSD to replace my old one that has Windows installed on it but I am having tons of issues copying everything over to the new drive. Samsung's data migration tool isn't working and I keep getting an error from MiniTool that the boot and system volume...
  10. Error when trying to use Samsung's Data Migration Software.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error when trying to use Samsung's Data Migration Software.: (Below is a screenshot of the e-mail I sent to Samsung's European Support Representative, Hanaro.) Can someone provide help for this issue? Thank you. [img] 148941

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ssma for access data migration crashes program