Windows 10: SSTP vpn protocol

Discus and support SSTP vpn protocol in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; to create a vpn on win 10, should we use the sstp protocol?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Steven Hill (steven.hill), Nov 8, 2019.

1. SSTP vpn protocol

to create a vpn on win 10, should we use the sstp protocol?

:)

Steven Hill (steven.hill), Nov 8, 2019
  2. aryfi Win User

SSTP VPN in WP10

KK, we know it's been removed. That fact is obvious. But Why? Has Microsoft announced they are dropping support for SSTP? This item has purposefully been removed without explanation. Furthermore, Windows 10 on the desktop defaults to SSTP. So why would
    Microsoft remove their default VPN protocol from the mobile version of Windows 10? It makes no sense at all and begs for an explanation. Do they want us to start using IKE or L2TP instead? Certainly not PPTP.

aryfi, Nov 8, 2019
  3. aryfi Win User
    SSTP VPN in WP10

SSTP as a VPN option existed in preview builds of Windows 10 mobile. I recently bought a 950 XL, and SSTP has been removed! Are there plans to add it back, or is Microsoft phasing out this technology? Windows 10 on the desktop defaults to SSTP, so this
    is very surprising.

aryfi, Nov 8, 2019
  4. aryfi Win User

SSTP vpn protocol

SSTP VPN in WP10

I agree that SSTP should not have been pulled from the production release. It's a solid platform, but it seems like Microsoft are reaching to continually add new features instead of improving existing shortcomings. Plus, who wants that crappy job!? I'd rather
    program shiny new things ANY day over fixing someone else's mess.

But, for many of us WP users, missing a basic VPN protocol like SSTP is borderline ridiculous.

It's like buying a new car where the FM radio doesn't work. "Why not use AM?" "Why not use Spotify?" "Can't you just roll down the windows and listen to the rushing wind!!!?"

aryfi, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

SSTP vpn protocol

1. SSTP vpn protocol - Similar Threads - SSTP vpn protocol

2. Protocols and ports

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Protocols and ports: I have been getting the notorious “error code 1132” on zoom. One solution is to change the protocols and ports. But when I go to do that the options are greyed out. I am on the admin acc as this is my personal pc, so how do I fix this? Resetting my computer is not an option,...
  3. Microsoft VPN settings and security protocol

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft VPN settings and security protocol: Hi. I was able to successfully connect to a VPN I set up a couple of weeks ago. Now I'm unable to connect to it. I noticed that when I change the authentication settings to username and password and I go to the security protocol it needs to allow PAP, the allow protocol...
  4. Windows 10 VPN server appears to be listening but not connecting with a GRE protocol 47 error.

Windows 10 VPN server appears to be listening but not connecting with a GRE protocol 47 error.: For no reason I can identify, my PPTP W10 VPN server no longer accepts incoming connections. I consistently get the following Event ID 20209 Rasman message in Event Viewer. A connection between the VPN server and the VPN client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx has been established, but the...
  5. Microsoft pen protocol

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft pen protocol: Hi. I'd like to know whether previous n-trig enabled device such as Fujitsu Stylistic Q702 supports Microsoft Pen Protocol ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-pen-protocol/96f85e78-ec57-4a9d-91c5-68859d124221
  6. Can't Connect remote clients to windows 10 server through SSTP VPN connection

Can't Connect remote clients to windows 10 server through SSTP VPN connection: Hello, I have created a small business server with windows server 2019 evaluation, I have set up remote connection to the server through VPN with the SSTP protocol however im unable to get my remote clients connected, they have the sstp certificate installed on their...
  7. I can't run SSTP service with Windows 10.

I can't run SSTP service with Windows 10.: Dear Microsoft Community, After many hours I have spent today, trying to resolve this problem on my own, I have to say: I have failed. Microsoft, I need help. Everything started with a simple try to connect to the VPN server through IKEv2 protocol. Like you probably...
  8. Network Protocols solution

Network Protocols solution: Posting this after seeing 148 responses to this in thread "Network Protocols" which with all its differing answers could be confusing. This simple way worked for me. Open Device Manager, open "Network Adapters", right click on either "Ethernet Controller" or "Wireless...
  9. Network Protocols

Network Protocols: Problem trying to connect to internet on laptop, but all working as normal on desktop. Investigations revealed....one or more Network Protocols are missing on this computer, also Windows sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing....this on both...
  10. Missing Protocols

Missing Protocols: I am attempting to use my Internet but it will not let me to put it straightforwardly. It shows a connection but will not let me use it. I ran the troubleshooter and it tells me I'm missing one or more network protocols and asks me if I'd like to try fixes as admin. I...