Windows 10: Stability issues, crashing, BSOD & more

Discus and support Stability issues, crashing, BSOD & more in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! I built my computer earlier in the summer. I've had sporadic stability issues with it. A few weeks back when I tried turning it on it somehow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dingodileslim, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Stability issues, crashing, BSOD & more

Hello! I built my computer earlier in the summer.

I've had sporadic stability issues with it. A few weeks back when I tried turning it on it somehow wasn't booting to Windows and was asking me to install the OS. I tried using the repair functions with the Windows Install drive but nothing worked, I ultimately had to reinstall/reformat my C: drive and when it booted all my SATA connected drives were not accessible. I had to use software to recover all my data and reformat them.

Definitely don't want that to happen again-- I have backups but that was really scary.

This week I've been running into a few issues:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

Code: 139

Parameter 1: 3

Parameter 2: ffffcb854b187150

Parameter 3: ffffcb854b1870a8

Parameter 4: 0

OS version: 10_0_19041

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 768_1

OS Version: 10.0.19041.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 1033

Getting this as a report in my reliability monitor. I've had a few BSODs in the past week and apparently I had a crash that I didn't perceive this morning as my computer was starting up.

Would love to find a way to diagnose what the issue might be.

:)

dingodileslim, Oct 12, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Oct 12, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 12, 2020
  4. axe0 Win User

Stability issues, crashing, BSOD & more

BSOD kernel security check failure

Hi meakashi,

Welcome to the 10forums for both of you Stability issues, crashing, BSOD & more :)

I would suggest to visit Acer to update or re-install all the drivers available for Windows 10.
    Re-installing drivers removes corruption what helps improving system stability.
    Drivers en handleidingen downloaden | Officiële Acer-site

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

Stability issues, crashing, BSOD & more [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window.

Thema:

Stability issues, crashing, BSOD & more

1. Stability issues, crashing, BSOD & more - Similar Threads - Stability issues crashing

2. Reoccurring BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE and stability issues with Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reoccurring BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE and stability issues with Windows 11.: Hello dear Microsoft community,i am here on a search of the source for a reoccurring stability issue with Windows 11.Here is a summary of observed symptoms:- Settings -> Updates & Security -> Windows-Security cannot be opened. The settings app freezes.- Windows Media...
  3. Reoccurring BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE and stability issues with Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reoccurring BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE and stability issues with Windows 11.: Hello dear Microsoft community,i am here on a search of the source for a reoccurring stability issue with Windows 11.Here is a summary of observed symptoms:- Settings -> Updates & Security -> Windows-Security cannot be opened. The settings app freezes.- Windows Media...
  4. Crashing, BSOD's and overall terrible stability when running ram at marketed speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crashing, BSOD's and overall terrible stability when running ram at marketed speed: SPECS:MB: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUSMEMORY: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 8x4 = 32gb 3200mhzGPU: RTX 2070CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 3600PSU: 750w The marketed speed of the ram is 3200mhz, but whenever I run it at that speed, I have bsod's,crashes etc...The bsod's are varied and are...
  5. Crashing, BSOD's and overall terrible stability when running ram at marketed speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crashing, BSOD's and overall terrible stability when running ram at marketed speed: SPECS:MB: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUSMEMORY: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 8x4 = 32gb 3200mhzGPU: RTX 2070CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 3600PSU: 750w The marketed speed of the ram is 3200mhz, but whenever I run it at that speed, I have bsod's,crashes etc...The bsod's are varied and are...
  6. Game crashes to desktop or BSOD's, internet stability problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game crashes to desktop or BSOD's, internet stability problem: Hi there,kindly ask you to help cause since few days I have problems with my new installed Win10Pro which I can't solve.I tried to reinstall Windows several times, repairing it, etc.No "!" in device manager, windows up-to-date.The most annoying things are crashing games and...
  7. Stability

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stability: What is the most stable version of Windows 10 to run without any problems?! It's overwhelming that the latest version has problems such as slow boot time and suspending processes automatically without the possibility to resume it. I'm running on 20H2....
  8. Stability Issues With 5G WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stability Issues With 5G WiFi: I've been having recent issues with connectivity with my PC. New PC, new WiFi 6 adapter only about 4 months, but only the past week have I had this issue. I've been connected since I built this PC to my 5G WiFi faster download/upload, better connection in games, and the...
  9. Stability issues with new Z390 build

Stability issues with new Z390 build: Hi guys, I just got a new z390 build - Asus Z390 Prime-A, i7 8700, corsair 16gb 3200, samsung 970 EVO 512gb M2 NVME and Gigabyte Geforce 1060 6gb. I also added another old SATA SSD (connected as disk0 whereas the SAMSUNG M2 is connected as disk1 and the windows is...
  10. More/new bsod issues!

More/new bsod issues!: I am getting more blue screens of deaths. Second one same stop code so far: FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE I do have a feeling its ram but not sure. Mem tests come up with nothing. Minidump files: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KB9ResUcc7xUcUymfH7IYNtd4LacO9-s...