Windows 10: Stability issues, random hangs (black or white screen), some dmp files

Discus and support Stability issues, random hangs (black or white screen), some dmp files in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been experiencing some significant stability issues with my PC for a couple of months now. The problems often don't result in BSODs (maybe once or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by shill, Jan 6, 2017.

1. shill Win User

Stability issues, random hangs (black or white screen), some dmp files

I've been experiencing some significant stability issues with my PC for a couple of months now. The problems often don't result in BSODs (maybe once or twice?) but rather things like:

• The screen(s) flash and then go full white and the system becomes unresponsive (no response to keyboard, mouse, caps lock doesn't respond, won't respond to pings from other systems, etc.)
    • I'll return to my desk and find the screens black and the system unresponsive
    • I'll return to my desk and find the system has rebooted, with nothing more than a note in Event Viewer that the previous shutdown was unexpected or that the system recovered from a bugcheck.

The latter symptom at least produces dmp files, so I'm hoping that while it doesn't come specifically from a BSOD with a stop code, maybe the dmp files and other info will give someone enough to go on to point me in the right direction.

(Note: you'll see a handful of (repeating) error messages from the event viewer related to my active directory - I'm running Samba4 and have an ACL problem on the GPO storage location that I'm working on every now and then, but all I really care about is the authentication it provides which works fine - my working assumption is AD issues aren't the cause of this.)

Thanks for your time and any assistance anyone can provide!

Attachment 116159

:)

shill, Jan 6, 2017
  2. Mojaw Win User

Windows 10 white / grey / black screen at random intervals

I am having an issue whereby Windows 10 will crash to a white / grey / black screen at seemingly random intervals.

i7 6700k Processor

MSI Krait Gaming Motherboard

NVIDIA GTX1070

16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz

I originally thought this was due to newly installed NVIDIA Graphics drivers as the computer white screened after 10 seconds of booting to desktop. The screen would usually go white, but occasionally went black / grey on boot and occasionally occurred when
    I clicked on the start menu. I tried the following to remedy the issue:

- Reinstalled current graphics drivers with a clean install

- Rolled back to previous graphics driver version with a clean install

- Disabling windows fast boot

- Restoring windows to a point prior to white / grey / black screens

- Reinstalling windows but keeping personal files

The last "remedy" has prevented the machine from white screening on boot. However, I recently tried to run MSI Afterburner and the white screen happened again. I find it hard to believe that MSI Afterburner would be causing the issues. Is there anything
    I'm missing that I could do to prevent it happening again?

Mojaw, Jan 6, 2017
  3. nokia c2-03 not up to the mark?

I bought a C2-03 yesterday. What a **bleep** phone!!! Within 12 hours of uase its started hanging up and not responding to screen taps they way its supposed to. Random behaviour. At one point it even turned the screen display upside down. Instead of giving
    a proper screen on reboot, I sometimes get a plain white screen or even a snow screen. Totally random behaviour.

samoinuddin, Jan 6, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello shill and welcome to the TenForums *Smile

The crash dump files are pointing to a graphics driver problem.

Code: fffff800`38602610 fffff80f`ff794680Unable to load image nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys nvlddmkm+0x814680[/quote] Please update the NVidia driver. The best way to do this is to uninstall everything of Nvidia using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from your Graphics card manufacturer or from the NVidia website. When you do this be sure the "clean install" box is checked and only install the Graphics driver and the PhysX driver.

There were also two other drivers that were listed as not loading correctly:

Code: fffff800`386021c8 fffff80f`fd6d3186Unable to load image VBoxNetLwf.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for VBoxNetLwf.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for VBoxNetLwf.sys VBoxNetLwf+0x3186 fffff800`38601728 fffff80f`fee784edUnable to load image e1i63x64.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for e1i63x64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for e1i63x64.sys e1i63x64+0x184ed[/quote] These refer to the VirtualBox drivers and the Intel Gigabit Adapter Drivers. Please also look for newer versions of these drivers or try re-installing them.

philc43, Jan 8, 2017
  5. shill Win User
    I've been suspecting the video card but the drivers were nearly current so I was afraid it might be hardware related. I've removed and re-added the Nvidia and Intel drivers - will see how much things fare.

Thanks for your help!

shill, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Stability issues, random hangs (black or white screen), some dmp files - Similar Threads - Stability issues random

2. Random Black Screens/Hangs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Black Screens/Hangs: HelloThe past few days my PC have been getting random black screens/ hangs forcing me to force restart my pc. It does not give any error message at all so I'm at a loss. This happens randomly when i'm idling on desktop or after closing an application.I have tried some cmd...
  3. Random Black Screens/Hangs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Black Screens/Hangs: HelloThe past few days my PC have been getting random black screens/ hangs forcing me to force restart my pc. It does not give any error message at all so I'm at a loss. This happens randomly when i'm idling on desktop or after closing an application.I have tried some cmd...
  4. Random Black Screens/Hangs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Random black screen issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random black screen issue: I have a acer nitro 5 laptop, bought in 2019-2020. When i play games on it, the screen suddenly goes fully black without the mouse cursor with a very loud and high pitched static/buzzing noise accompanying it. Any way to fix this?...
  6. Random black screen issue

Random black screen issue: I have a acer nitro 5 laptop, bought in 2019-2020. When i play games on it, the screen suddenly goes fully black without the mouse cursor with a very loud and high pitched static/buzzing noise accompanying it. Any way to fix this?...
  7. Random black screen issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. PC blue screens randomly with no DMP files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC blue screens randomly with no DMP files: My PC has been giving me BSODs pretty commonly for the past couple of weeks. Sometimes it will be every hour, sometimes once or twice a day, and sometimes every 10 minutes. I thought that it could have been due to a faulty power supply as the wattage was fairly low and I’ve...
  9. PC blue screens randomly with no DMP files

PC blue screens randomly with no DMP files: My PC has been giving me BSODs pretty commonly for the past couple of weeks. Sometimes it will be every hour, sometimes once or twice a day, and sometimes every 10 minutes. I thought that it could have been due to a faulty power supply as the wattage was fairly low and I’ve...
  10. PC blue screens randomly with no DMP files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging