Windows 10: Stacking documents issue, Paperport 14.5, Windows 10

Discus and support Stacking documents issue, Paperport 14.5, Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; when I drag a document on top of another document to stack them, the bottom document goes blank. No way to bring it back as far as I can tell. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CaptainGary, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Stacking documents issue, Paperport 14.5, Windows 10

when I drag a document on top of another document to stack them, the bottom document goes blank. No way to bring it back as far as I can tell. This is a new issue. It used to work fine. It may have started when I installed the recent windows update.

:)

CaptainGary, Feb 25, 2019
  2. BharatGhai, Feb 25, 2019
  3. Aralim Win User
    paperport 14 with windows 10

I found the problem!

In the registry there is an option that cause the crash:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ScanSoft\PaperPort\PaperPort User Preferences

look for BrowserSelected

my registry had "Mozilla Firefox"

I changed it "none"

PAPERPORT 14.5 STARTED WITH NO PROBLEMS

NOTE: if it contains "Mozilla Firefox" it will not start.

Also please note that this problem started with PaperPort 14.0 which was working with Windows 10 64bit with no problems.

I upgraded to 14.5 w/patch 1 thinking it would correct the problem. Being 14.5 w/patch 1 is Windows 10-compliant, with the upgrade.

JUST THOUGHT SHARE

Aralim, Feb 25, 2019
  4. Stacking documents issue, Paperport 14.5, Windows 10

Paperport 14 compatibility with Creators update

Last week I went to work on a Windows 10 machine that had paperport 14.5 installed. Paperport had been working fine but now it would report back a few seconds after starting that the program had stopped working. After several hours of spinning my wheels
    I noticed that two things were changed on this systems since a windows update had taken place. The windows 10 theme was changed and the default font size had been changed to 120%. I changed the themes and the font size back to the default setting and reboot.
    Paperport is now working again. There is nothing on paperport support site that would suggest that you should look at these two issues has to something that would be causing the problem. Worked for me....good luck.

cadprofessor, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

Stacking documents issue, Paperport 14.5, Windows 10

1. Stacking documents issue, Paperport 14.5, Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Stacking documents issue

2. Paperport 14 failing to load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paperport 14 failing to load: I have been using Paperport 14 for many years on Windows 10 professional. Three days ago 25th January 2024, it failed to load. I have rebooted the PC but it still fails to load. The last Windows updates recorded are KB5034122 and KB5034275, both installed on 11th January and...
  3. Paperport 14 failing to load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paperport 14 failing to load: I have been using Paperport 14 for many years on Windows 10 professional. Three days ago 25th January 2024, it failed to load. I have rebooted the PC but it still fails to load. The last Windows updates recorded are KB5034122 and KB5034275, both installed on 11th January and...
  4. Paperport 14 failing to load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Flex 5-14 81X20005US login issues

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Flex 5-14 81X20005US login issues: Hi, I am trying to log in to my laptop. I have set up the fingerprint reader and everything was working well until... today I'm trying to log in and it says Your PIN is required to sign in Something happened and Your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again....
  6. proffesional paperport 14

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    proffesional paperport 14: I need to download program into my PC running windows 10 professional after resetting my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/proffesional-paperport-14/7c574600-fcfe-4c0f-a677-67e811abb341
  7. PaperPort 14 - Cannot create printer device context

PaperPort 14 - Cannot create printer device context: I have been using PaperPort 14 for a long time. I recently installed a new printer and am now getting an error (while trying to print) that says "Cannot create printer device context." When I look it up online it shows the fix for it is the reinstall the fax driver. Is...
  8. Compatibility problem with Paperport Version 14 in Windows 10

Compatibility problem with Paperport Version 14 in Windows 10: I recently loaded the program "Paperport 14" from Nuance. I had no problem loading it but when I tried to open the program it gave me an error dialog box saying I need to change the compatibility mode to function properly. I went to the properties area for the program and if...
  9. paperport 14 with windows 10

paperport 14 with windows 10: I found the problem! In the registry there is an option that cause the crash: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ScanSoft\PaperPort\PaperPort User Preferences look for BrowserSelected my registry had "Mozilla Firefox" I changed it "none" PAPERPORT 14.5 STARTED WITH NO PROBLEMS NOTE:...
  10. NAPS2 - Free Alternative to Nuance PaperPort 14

NAPS2 - Free Alternative to Nuance PaperPort 14: I've bought and paid for PaperPort 14 twice; both times to be told that I've reinstalled it too many times and I can no longer activate it! Enough, already, Nuance! Somewhere along the line, in the last week or so, I got a notification about NAPS2, so I downloaded the file...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. paperport stacks papers overnight

2. nuance paperport 12 suddenly changed - weird document names

3. paperport indexsearch stacking issues

4. paper port stacking problem,
  5. paperport 14 stack not working,
  6. paperpert 14 not loading to windows 10